Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Milo and POTUS posted:

The entirety of the world will be covered in houses. Prime farmland paved over and turned into tract housing. And yet, jimmy doesn't stop.

still won't make up for letting Ronald loving Reagan into office

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

still won't make up for letting Ronald loving Reagan into office

https://twitter.com/senwarren/status/625744496911872000

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Give me pics of Jimmy building affordable apartments in areas with easy transit/foot commutes to job opportunities and it'll triple my respect for him.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Jimmy is a good human being but was a terrible President.

We could have had UHC in the '70s if not for him getting into a pissing match with Ted Kennedy.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Reagan was a traitor idiot who hosed this country up bad, but every once in a while it's fun to whap Republican losers upside the head with his corpse to show them how far they've fallen.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
Dark matter converted into houses across the breadth, width and depth of the cosmos, until in the past two seconds before the heat death of the universe, comes a voice:
But whatabout that time he didn't say "bless you" when somebody sneezed?!?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Casimir Radon posted:

Reagan was a traitor idiot who hosed this country up bad, but every once in a while it's fun to whap Republican losers upside the head with his corpse to show them how far they've fallen.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Casimir Radon posted:

Reagan was terrifying, when I was a kid in the UK in the 80s, we all genuinely thought he was going to blow up the planet. You know that Reagan halloween mask, the one everyone had, if I wore it now I'd probably give someone a heart attack from the PTSD from back then.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Cugel the Clever posted:

Give me pics of Jimmy building affordable apartments in areas with easy transit/foot commutes to job opportunities and it'll triple my respect for him.

habitat for humanity means-tests recipients and holds them to work requirements :(

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Hexyflexy posted:

Reagan was terrifying, when I was a kid in the UK in the 80s, we all genuinely thought he was going to blow up the planet. You know that Reagan halloween mask, the one everyone had, if I wore it now I'd probably give someone a heart attack from the PTSD from back then.
By the time I was old enough to know who he was they'd already made him into St. Ronnie. I didn't really know anything about him until he was dead, and what I heard was mostly endless praise from my JROTC instructor, who I later figured out is an idiot.

Meshka
Nov 27, 2016

Hexyflexy posted:

There is a good book on this called the "Dead Hand". Basically both Reagan and Gorbachev were terrified of nuclear war and that led to the end of the Cold War. Raegan was not the problem, it was the Soviet and US generals who pushed for launch on warning retaliation..

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Ronnie can suck a bag of dicks in hell

The Soviets and Americans came so loving close to a massive reduction in nuclear arms but Ronnie refused to say that loving useless Star Wars SDI would be contained to laboratory testing only.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

Doc Hawkins posted:

habitat for humanity means-tests recipients and holds them to work requirements :(
JFC, then I'm glad I've never donated money to them. I actually just listened to a good podcast episode on housing and homelessness that made the incredibly obvious point that housing insecurity makes it infinitely harder for the poor and destitute to overcome the other challenges they face.

Housing is a human right, y'all.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Fun Shoe

Hexyflexy posted:

They'd just think you're cosplaying Bodie.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
You know who was a horrible president? All of them I guess.

America bad?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Cugel the Clever posted:

Housing is a human right, y'all.

Sin duda

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
PERIMETER is pretty cool

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Fallom posted:

Mattis was the kind of leader both sides of the aisle claimed to respect, so I think his statements on the administration probably would make something of a difference in public and congressional opinion.

I don’t actually blame him for the decisions the administration makes. I just find it frustrating that so many leaders with the ability to speak out are instead choosing the path of least resistance out of the public eye.

If McRaven can go from hero SEAL to leftist beta deepstate commie after one op-ed according to the right than I doubt Mattis will garner any respect either from the right.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

If McRaven can go from hero SEAL to leftist beta deepstate commie after one op-ed according to the right than I doubt Mattis will garner any respect either from the right.

It's true that all my right-wing coworkers' "Saint Mattis" photoshop printouts disappeared promptly after he resigned.

Erdogan didn't wait long to begin the genocide:

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/10/07/just-hours-after-trump-bends-erdogan-reports-indicate-turkeys-bombing-kurdish-forces

quote:

Turkish forces carried out attacks against Kurdish forces and the anti-Assad Syrian Democratic Forces militia in Syria and Iraq near the Turkish border on Monday evening.

Turkish forces attacked SDF positions in the city of al-Malikiyah in the Hasakah area in northern Syria, according to Syrian state news agency SANA.

The SDF includes Kurds and others in eastern Syria which the US has helped train, assist and advise during the war on ISIS.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

bird cooch posted:

You know who was a horrible president? All of them I guess.

America bad?

William Henry Harrison didn't do anything bad as president.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011
I have a gut feeling the SDF/SDC will reach out to Assad for a protection deal. I think it'll involve putting SAA forces near the border in exchange for a weakened federal state, removal of US and allied forces, and permanent SAA bases in SDC territory.

The regime and SDF/SDC had a don't gently caress with each other deal in Hasakah and Qamishli. Unless we completely backpedal and back them it essentially forces them into the regime. Granted they are at a much weaker negotiating position. On the regime side, they never wanted to extend the war longer trying to capture Rojava. It'll be much easier for the regime to help the SDF now compared to later kicking out the Turks and their Islamist proxies, see the Idlib pocket.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Reagan got a little freaked out one time when Errol Flynn tried to make out with him at an orgy. I am not making this up. I think the real reason conservatives ban everything sexual is that the freaky poo poo they do behind closed doors doesn't feel as freaky if it's legal.

In any case, I like to think of it this way. Saint Ronnie was married to Nancy for a long time, and you bet those tongues intertwined at least once. Nancy was the BJ queen of Hollywood so the way I see it Ronnie's sweet lips have caressed every dick in town around that time.

Good ol' Snowball Ronnie. I'm glad Reagan dead.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
So this dude got called out for cheating in a streamed live poker game and it's been an absolutely fascinating thing to read about over the last week.

Here is a ringer article about it:
https://www.theringer.com/2019/10/4...-veronica-brill

ESPN and CNBC have covered it, but most of the drama has played out overYouTube, twitter, and the 2plus2 forums. Like its wild, this guy has won north of 200k playing low limit poker, like he has an hourly win rate of $1500 when a normal pro would be at like $15 to $25.

The poker megathread has been talking about it and posting some of the video breakdowns if you want to read more about it.

Also much like our president, this guy is gonna get away with it.

Edit: it's important to mention that if the dude would have occasionally lost he could have kept this up indefinitely, pure ego driven greed got him caught.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band

Doc Hawkins posted:

Habitat for Humanity prioritizes because they don't have enough resources to house everyone. They also ask the future inhabitants to come help build their future house alongside the volunteers. They are not turning away quadriplegics because they can't lift a hammer over 6 feet. They want to make a connection between the structure, the people living in it, and the people building it. It gives some good insight about long term maintenance too. Habitat for Humanity also has to cut deals with the local tax authority where they get the land from. Lot's of local governments won't let land go to someone without a revenue stream. Habitat for Humanity can't fix that. They can only work around it.

But hey, you want to complain about their volunteers being hung out to dry after they get injured on the job, be my guest. Or not enforcing safety regulations. Or being kind of sketchy on building codes. Because again, volunteers. They haven't figured out how to keep a large scale, conscientious, competent workforce working for free.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
There is a very slim chance I'm going to see a not horrible President in my lifetime

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Let me know when you guys find someone who's not awful in one way or another.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Proud Christian Mom posted:

There is a very slim chance I'm going to see a not horrible President in my lifetime

Obama is practically Christ like in comparison to Trump and W. You forget about Barry? Barry didn’t forget about you, player.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Donnie is threatening to sue Minneapolis for passing on the security bill for his stupid rally to Target Center, who passed it on the campaign.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

Obama is practically Christ like in comparison to Trump and W. You forget about Barry? Barry didn’t forget about you, player.

Ave, true to Obama Africanus.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Well what else is new

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

There’s a theory that stingy millennials are to blame for the sluggish economy

Fuckkkk offfffffff

This poo poo makes me irate

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Can't wait to soylent green these worthless fucks

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Death Panels suddenly don't sound so bad.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Why arent millenials going into debt to spend at a rate we approve of with the lowest comparable wages in 40 years? These 1 reasons may shock you

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

good i hope its the case, eat poo poo boomers

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Oh boy, I really hope that boomers hoarding wealth like discount bin Smaugs craters the economy so bad that all of their retirement funds get rat hosed when the stock market implodes. Misery loves company :unsmigghh:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
https://twitter.com/AP/status/1181517534618669056?s=19

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Oh good, we're gonna end up driving the Kurds and Iranians into an alliance.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

I was gonna post this in the games thread but it's more political than just games:

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/1181065339230130181?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crakkerjakk
Mar 14, 2016

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Oh good, we're gonna end up driving the Kurds and Iranians into an alliance.

Probably better for the Kurds.