Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Oh Snapple! posted:

I should probably technically finish Agartha and some point but christ I just can't muster the motivation to do so.

Just soldier through it, it ended up not being as bad as I thought it would be, but it was still pretty loving bad, my god, Fergus's speeches at the end... :ughh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Oh Snapple! posted:

I should probably technically finish Agartha and some point but christ I just can't muster the motivation to do so.
Just close your eyes, press skip, amd think of the quartz. You're missing out on nothing.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Shimosa is hard. It's not challenge quests hard, but it's straight up the hardest story arc of all part1+EoR.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

How much of that difficulty is from the mandatory frontline support Musashi for the boss fights gimmick?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Shiny777 posted:

How much of that difficulty is from the mandatory frontline support Musashi for the boss fights gimmick?

Here is the trick to dealing with that:

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Shiny777 posted:

That's part of the problem, for sure, but they are not going easy on you.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Here is the trick to dealing with that:

That is actually a very Musashi-like thing to do.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Oct 8, 2019

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I've heard the Raikou/Shuten boss fight is up there with Gawain in terms of difficulty, and you can't use Euryale to shoot em in the dick either.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Can I just obliterate Raikou with Nobu like I usually do when she shows up

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

There's like 3-5 notably difficult fights in Shimosa and because you can't use friend supports to fill out your party your roster has to be able to handle it alone.

Musashi being forced into the front-line is barely a concern.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
Watch your spoilers please folks!

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Suaimhneas posted:

Can I just obliterate Raikou with Nobu like I usually do when she shows up

Sort of? Like the news post says, break bars and on top of that raikou's a rider and not a berserker.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

Oh Snapple! posted:

Christ, I still haven't even started. Just, if I have down time, I look at the banner on the menu and the big flashing NEW icon, and its just like :effort:, you know?

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Ashsaber posted:

Christ, I still haven't even started. Just, if I have down time, I look at the banner on the menu and the big flashing NEW icon, and its just like :effort:, you know?

You can do the EoR chapters in any order you want. You are not forced to do Agartha if you want to play Shimosa.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Roger Explosion posted:

Just close your eyes, press skip, amd think of the quartz. You're missing out on nothing.

But if you don't watch all the cutscenes, you'll never figure out Caster's views on dying.
She doesn't want to die.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
That's kinda funny, because while Agarhta is definitely not very good, it's still better than off-event grinding, so I'm kinda jealous of people who still didn't finish it. Heck, if I could choose between replaying Septem and being stuck in QP mines like I am now, I would choose Septem in a heartbeat.

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice

YggdrasilTM posted:

You can do the EoR chapters in any order you want. You are not forced to do Agartha if you want to play Shimosa.

Yeah, I know. That's why I still haven't bothered with it. Maybe I'll get to it before Salem though? Before part 2? idk

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Have you tried to make UI in Unity? Especially five-plus-years-ago Unity?
No, it's not easy.

Hell, resolution-independent UI in loving Windows has been a pain in the rear end for years. They had to invent entire new systems for developers.

And, like, gently caress. Here's four basic-rear end UI elements:
https://imgur.com/a/BFP1Sie
Now go make'em aspect ratio-independent.

Have some more:
https://imgur.com/a/CKBFuI1
Make these work in aspect ratios that aren't 1.6.
Just so you know I've got 320 backgrounds in that folder and that was last updated in KnK.

Vengarr posted:

They eventually upgraded the entire engine to fix the performance issues on modern phones. I'm sure it was neither cheap nor easy to make a 5-year old game run in the newest version of Unity. Of course they can fix the aspect ratio. For whatever reason, its just not worth it to them.
That had more to do with the fact Unity dropped support for 5 though. And what makes you think Unity wouldn't be retrocompatible with its own apps.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Oct 8, 2019

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

Ashsaber posted:

Yeah, I know. That's why I still haven't bothered with it. Maybe I'll get to it before Salem though? Before part 2? idk

The free SQ is good, and you get great bond bonuses with the right servants. Just skip the story if it’s a problem (god knows I did up until Camelot anyway). You also get good grinding spots for Crystals and Feathers.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Roger Explosion posted:

Oh Shimosa is first? Good! I'm in dire need of some actual story content. All these events are nice and all, but I've got a bit of fatigue setting in.

On a scale of Septim to Babylonia, how good is Shimosa?

IIRC polls have put it as the most popular Epic of Remnant chapter, but behind Camelot and Babylonia when matched against the part 1 content.

It has a few difficult boss fights, partly due to the forced story support mentioned in the news page. Even if you use order change turn 1, that still forces you to use plugsuit and means you can't being your friend's level 100 Merlin. If you have your own stable of supports it's not nearly so bad, but it can be quite painful for more casual players.

It's also somewhat infamous for being a bitch to localize. It's full of weird Japanese Buddhist or martial arts terms that don't have exact translations and leans pretty heavily on period knowledge that isn't that common in the west. I know enough Japanese to mostly understand it, but I don't know that you could pay me enough to sit down and write an English translation of it. I'll be very curious as to how the NA loc team fared.

The story has a very unique and dark tone to it that stands out from a lot of the other story chapters up to this point. It's got some decent twists, too, assuming you've managed to stay unspoiled.

Also I hope you like Musashi because honestly this is basically just an 8 hour long interlude for her.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Once again, Honao Green shows the way (spoilers, obviously)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3mdGdi2Sh0

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Shimosa gets serious with the break bar mechanic is the main reason for being hard.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

Bakanogami posted:

Also I hope you like Musashi because honestly this is basically just an 8 hour long interlude for her.

This is legitimately going to be the hardest part for me because in the past EOR chapters, I like Crime Grandpa, I like d'Eon and Astolfo and Wu, I don't really have any strong feelings for Musashi.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
no one likes musashi

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

nobody really knows musashi outside her middling trial quest tbf

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The forced guest thing sounds like it wouldn't be too bad if you could assign a CE but I'm guessing you cant.

My assumption is that I'm gonna be rotating Tamamo and Merlin around a lot with appearances from Umu Bride, Saberlot, Summer Raikou, and Squirtoria. But I'm assuming a lot of saber/archer/lancer class enemies for that.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

off the top of my head you've got a boss in every class except caster, plus an avenger who seems particularly nasty. probably two assassin bosses?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

That's good then, excuses to let Sanzang beat someone to a pulp and to use BB.

I'm tentatively confident in being able to handle this with what I have and no friend support to lean on.

Narrator: He couldnt

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Musashi is good you clowns

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

taser rates posted:

Musashi is my only good ST saber and no one can tell me she's not good.

Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD

taser rates posted:

So are tacos, but I don't love them enough to want to eat them for 8 days straight.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
Musashi is cool and good, and you should read the Book of Five Rings because it’s a good way to pretend you’re well-read despite it being shorter than a Sega Genesis instruction manual.

Same principle applies to the Art of War.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I'm gonna do the whole thing with Knight classes.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

MonsieurChoc posted:

I'm gonna do the whole thing with Knight classes.

I did all of Shinjuku with Evil Servants and all of Agartha with Female Servants I see no reason not to continue the pattern.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I wish we had more Sabers, Archers and Lancers from pre-Imperial Rome.

So I can make a "Knights of the Old Republic" team :imunfunny:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Musashi is cool, good, and my level 100. Hell yea

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'm gonna roll for a cool lady with a sword and I guess it'd be cool if Musashi came too.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Yeah I looked at my roster and Tomoe is my goal at this point. Between Fran, Umu Bride, Bedi, and Saberlot I'm too stacked at ST Saber to be able to justify rolling for a 5* right now.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Oh Snapple! posted:

Yeah I looked at my roster and Tomoe is my goal at this point. Between Fran, Umu Bride, Bedi, and Saberlot I'm too stacked at ST Saber to be able to justify rolling for a 5* right now.

I rolled for Tomoe when the banner rolled out on JP.

300 quartz later I had NP2 Musashi.

Tomoe finally arrived on the last of the monthly shop tickets when the month rolled over into November, with literal hours to go on the banner.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

My risky banner is the second since I'd like both Danzo and Yagyuu, but whoever doesn't come I can ticket in a year or so. If neither comes, well, that's gacha for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

no one likes musashi
nobody likes one of the most popular servants in the game