Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Looking through upcoming steam games, https://store.steampowered.com/app/1163460/Daenerys_doesnt_want_Hentai/?snr=1_239_1700__1708

Um it has clothed boobs, I dunno if that counts of not work safe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

creeping terror is literally a 3DS game on Steam with dual screens and images in the options for the circle pad. that kind of owns, both in the lack of effort department but also just that there's a mediocre 3DS game on steam that plays and looks like a 3DS game. so it has an aesthetic that is generally different from most indie/AA games

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I'm cleaning up Surge 2 before I hit this point of no return, and I see that I missed a quest that's on the other side of the map. I think that one's going to have to wait for new game+ because it's so far away and it's a hassle to make the trip, but maybe with this new travel item it'll be easier to cross the distance.

Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our age

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The Humble Monthly offerings were impossible to not grab early, so instead of Yak0 I'm playing Spyro 1.

As someone who only previously had knowledge of 2 and 3, the first game is a really uncanny experience because every level just feels like what would be a first draft in the other two games. Still fun though!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Next month we will liberate Hong Kong for real in Shenmue 3.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

going to sleep extremely late but here's ps5 info

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-playstation-5/

fall 2020

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

The 7th Guest posted:

fall 2020

I too, am looking toward its formidablwe ssd drive.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The 7th Guest posted:

fall 2020

2 - 3 games at launch will use these features and then youll never see them in future titles.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

quote:

Engaging in any act that, in Blizzard’s sole discretion, brings you into public disrepute, offends a portion or group of the public, or otherwise damages Blizzard image will result in removal from Grandmasters and reduction of the player’s prize total to $0 USD, in addition to other remedies which may be provided for under the Handbook and Blizzard’s Website Terms.

Blizzard, a very cool company, especially when it comes to China:

https://playhearthstone.com/en-us/blog/23179289

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/10/08/hearthstone-pro-calls-for-hong-kong-liberation-during-live-blizzard-interview

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Latest southpark episode is so relevant.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Very cool, turns out they also fired the 2 presenter guys that were on during the interview too, suck my dick :china:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

gently caress Blizzard Entertainment, forever. If for some reason you need additional reasons to hate them, remember they laid off 800 employees this year right after reporting to shareholders that they made record breaking profits for the company. 2018 was their most successful year ever as a company, and as a reward to their employees, they kicked out 800 of them.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Blizzard has been dead to me since 2004, when WoW launched.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

I said come in! posted:

gently caress Blizzard Entertainment, forever. If for some reason you need additional reasons to hate them, remember they laid off 800 employees this year right after reporting to shareholders that they made record breaking profits for the company. 2018 was their most successful year ever as a company, and as a reward to their employees, they kicked out 800 of them.

I had forgotten about that, somehow. Entirely gently caress Blizzard. At least they don't really make good games any more.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Blizzard peaked with Rock & Roll Racing and Blackthorne

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
We need someone to co-opt something like Frozen 2 to become a Pro-Hong Kong Liberation Meme.

Then China asks Disney to please not release Frozen 2 anywhere and Disney be all like "gently caress that noise we got Elsa and Anna merch to sell."

The only way we'll beat capitalism is with, more capitalism.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Viewtiful Jew posted:

We need someone to co-opt something like Frozen 2 to become a Pro-Hong Kong Liberation Meme.

Then China asks Disney to please not release Frozen 2 anywhere and Disney be all like "gently caress that noise we got Elsa and Anna merch to sell."

The only way we'll beat capitalism is with, more capitalism.

I like the idea of memes getting Frozen 2 banned from China. It worked with Winnie the Pooh.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I doubt they talk about frozen in China. It has magic strong female characters in it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

doom eternal got delayed till March 2020. thats pretty substantial for something that was probably supposed to go gold like this weekend.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

https://twitter.com/DOOM/status/1181569967562612736?s=19

:(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Going up against Animal Crossing. Doom Eternal is gonna flop now

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

This is fake right?

There is literally nothing this year to look forward too.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

On one hand, the quality of Bethesda/Zenimax games in the last year has been horrible. So I can see the delay for Doom Eternal being a good thing, I want this game to be great. On the other hand, March, 2020 is a horrible time to pick a new date for your game. That month, and April, are already crowded.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Ka0 posted:

Blizzard has been dead to me since 2004, when WoW launched.
yeah they just appeased a fascist regime, but they've really sucked since 2004, when they released a video game I didn't like!

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Tenzarin posted:

This is fake right?

There is literally nothing this year to look forward too.

haha i was just talking with my brother the other about how he hadn't really played anything that he would feel positive about calling his GOTY 2019 and then when i reminded him doom was still coming out he was like "oh right, probably that then". guess it's either gears 5 or dmc5 for him then.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

thertes like a 40% chance Doom Eternal is games as service Doom right.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

sounds about right

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

I bet tezuka sent todd an early copy of Luigi's Mansion 3, and Todd realized he didn't want doom to get ripped and torn to shreds in comparisons

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Untitled Goose Game, and the Outer Worlds are my game of the year.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Man I really hope they didn't delay it to add micro-transactions or some poo poo like that.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

doom eternal is an endless runner roguelike

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

In Training posted:

thertes like a 40% chance Doom Eternal is games as service Doom right.

I dunno if they'll go that far but its definitely going to have mondo cosmetics

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

haha i was just talking with my brother the other about how he hadn't really played anything that he would feel positive about calling his GOTY 2019 and then when i reminded him doom was still coming out he was like "oh right, probably that then". guess it's either gears 5 or dmc5 for him then.

Pathologic 2 hands down

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Get the dark souls mechanics out of doom!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How do we feel about Death Stranding? I honestly think this could be a hugely amazing game. Like, the chances are very high.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

I said come in! posted:

Untitled Goose Game, and the Outer Worlds are my game of the year.

Do you mean Outer Wilds, or are you from the future?

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

ymgve posted:

I said come in! is right Outer Worlds is goty.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ymgve posted:

I am 1000% positive i'm going to be in love with Outer Worlds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
MGS5 was a game so vastly huge that it collapsed in on itself to form a lifeless husk. It is the only 'mainline' mgs game I never finished. I'm not doing any challenge missions just to see the bad ending to the game.