Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

:hmmyes:

where is that lolipop going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

comedyblissoption posted:

d&d goons petitioned in QCS to keep LF closed as they were banning and probating criticism of the obama invasion of libya

the thing is, these people don't understand that peace is not just a selfless moral position, but one of self-interest too, because those who choose the side of the violent aggressor will inevitably be consumed by someone who out-violences them. or, maybe, they do have this understanding, just, they have it in the brief moments between when they hear harsh noises outside their state department compound in bengazi and the moment they die in a fire

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn
the way d&d's run is an op. there were two mods who were intel community folks, and i'm guessing those aren't the only spooks there have ever been in there (and also that at least some other mods or admins knew about there being spooks), since i doubt two of the mod positions would just happen to be spooks by coincidence

of course they'd want to shut down anything that talks about how it's bad to kill thousands in regime change

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Is speaking ill of vilerat still bannable there?

t-banned
Oct 15, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i wonder how many hundreds or thousands of good posters were banned by fascist d&d mods over the last 15 years

uninterrupted
Jun 20, 2011

Kurnugia posted:

post the quotes

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3738387&pagenumber=316&perpage=40#post492339289

there were a couple other juicy ones (venezuelans can't be racist, just 'colorist', etc) but folks started cleaning up their poo poo real quick when the thread stopped being a hugbox.

uncop
Oct 23, 2010

Rodatose posted:

the way d&d's run is an op. there were two mods who were intel community folks, and i'm guessing those aren't the only spooks there have ever been in there (and also that at least some other mods or admins knew about there being spooks), since i doubt two of the mod positions would just happen to be spooks by coincidence

of course they'd want to shut down anything that talks about how it's bad to kill thousands in regime change

Not an op, that's just what spooks do to relax on their time off.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Goon Danton posted:

Is speaking ill of vilerat still bannable there?

funneling weapons from Libya to Syria was called a ratline

ratline... vilerat... Benghazi... :aaaaa:

t-banned
Oct 15, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
at least he started being the first decent d&d mod post 9/11/12

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

t-banned posted:

at least he started being the first decent d&d mod post 9/11/12

:drat:

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

uncop posted:

Not an op, that's just what spooks do to relax on their time off.

spookin' isn't something you clock out from. once you start spookin up, every fiber of your being goes into spookin. when a spook have sex, they are thiknig "how do i leverage the gains from this bone session toward further consolidating the state's control.":

spookin. it's a way of life. :sparkles:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Rodatose posted:

spookin' isn't something you clock out from. once you start spookin up, every fiber of your being goes into spookin. when a spook have sex, they are thiknig "how do i leverage the gains from this bone session toward further consolidating the state's control.":

When you're a spook,
You're a spook all the way

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Rodatose posted:

I'm now imagining that at afterwork parties they sing "spookin makes me feel good".

D.Ork Bimboolean
Aug 26, 2016

Now that you mention it, no, no I haven't heard of venshuela.

Would you happen to have a conveniently formatted and impeccably sourced OP that one such as myself "could read" to inform my very malleable opinions?

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Rodatose posted:

mods knew
because the nsa knows everything

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Rodatose posted:

Moderating a web forum is the only way that low level state department flunkies or intelligence goons can feel like their "expertise" has any value because they can lord it over people. That's a big improvement over getting yelled at for loving up your report copy, or having the elite operators laugh at you when you log into goonswarm chat.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/venanalysis/status/1178446437237047297?s=20

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Also 100% of that aid is delivered by the Guns For Coups charity

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Um excuse me, that is a tweet from the website venezuelanalysis which is PROPAGANDA so everything it says is bad and nonsense and by posting it you are "useful idiot."

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
boy, maduro sure loves handing out swords

https://twitter.com/NicolasMaduro/status/1179787613626097664

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
remember when twitter in an act of solidarity with the coup took away maduro's blue checkmark

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

everyone who maxes out for bernie should get a sword. not that i think bernie is a friend to maduro, i just want one.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Harumph, Pinochet would have been appropriately grateful!:colbert:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Adolph Pinocescu.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

everyone who maxes out for bernie should get a sword. not that i think bernie is a friend to maduro, i just want one.

Everyone who maxes out for Bernie gets a Kalashnikov

Hell, just everyone who donates

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Al! posted:

remember when twitter in an act of solidarity with the coup took away maduro's blue checkmark

i'm surprised twitter hasn't outright banned his account, and i wonder how many watchlists liking one of his tweets gets you automatically added to

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
twitter has blocked his _en account lol

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

Everyone who maxes out for Bernie gets a Kalashnikov

Hell, just everyone who donates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZQdaEFa_60

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Ecuadorean protesters making guaido look like trash

https://twitter.com/camilateleSUR/status/1181065418653519872?s=20
https://twitter.com/telesurenglish/status/1181347220509151232?s=20

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

reposting telesur state propaganda again :rolleyes:

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/mrmedina/status/1181348462639452160

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
See! In the dystopian nation of Venezuela you can't even get Adobe! We've gotta free those people!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
always. pirate. creative. software. always.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Atrocious Joe posted:

Ecuadorean protesters making guaido look like trash
The Ecuadorean people have a right to be pissed. They elected Correa's left-wing successor over their Guaido only for this phony "Lenin" to pivot immediately to the IMF and sell the entire country out. A historically massive betrayal

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Let's recap all the very normal things that have been happening in Ecuador:

- Attempted coup in 2010 against the soc. dem. president
- Bogus corruption charges against the soc. dem. president
- Election of pro-US, pro-IMF candidate
- Readmission of US military personnel to Ecuador
- Immediate IMF loans
- Immediate IMF austerity measures

I'm missing a few things, but this shows really the full spectrum of Western fuckery in Latin America.

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
defiling a sacred name with traditional liberal efficiency tho

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Frijolero posted:

Let's recap all the very normal things that have been happening in Ecuador:

- Attempted coup in 2010 against the soc. dem. president
- Bogus corruption charges against the soc. dem. president
- Election of pro-US, pro-IMF candidate
- Readmission of US military personnel to Ecuador
- Immediate IMF loans
- Immediate IMF austerity measures

I'm missing a few things, but this shows really the full spectrum of Western fuckery in Latin America.

Ecuador also used to be high on the list for countries with bad "press freedom" because Correa was hostile to private media. Never hear about that anymore. Weird, huh?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

weird how none of the press is at all concerned about a popular revolt against an unpopular government in any of the half dozen places literally burning US embassies to the ground and is instead worried only about Venezuela

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
incredible protesting to make the government flee the capital even if it is merely to the second largest city

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/1181597908946300928?s=20