Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How many gamers will blame China even though American companies are 100% responsible for banning their own content (in search of more and more and money to feed their hungry investors)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
This is just so funny to me, lol

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Kurtofan posted:

i feel like iraqi being bombed to hell and back probably takes it to be fair

Yeah but the freedom fries thing was stupidity without a massive death toll.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Kurtofan posted:

How many gamers will blame China even though American companies are 100% responsible for banning their own content (in search of more and more and money to feed their hungry investors)

It's just funny that adherents of the consumerist ideology insist that society should be organized according to consumer choices, and then get mad at the fact they live in a global marketplace where foreigners have the same kind of power they insist should be the core of society.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Can Trump put 100% profit tax on Blizzard Activision to own Bobby Kotick?

What do you call the opposite of import tariff?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:29 on Mar 23, 2021

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sincx posted:

Blizzard preemptively rolling over is one thing, CCTV pulling all NBA broadcasts until further notice is something else. This is unusually snowflaky even for the CCP. Is it some sort of trade war posturing?

It's probably an excuse to attack the US cultural exports, which US export a lot more to China than vice versa.

Is it count under service industry?

One thing the South Park episode did right is that the mouse would go militant if it can't make money from China.

whatever7 has issued a correction as of 13:44 on Oct 8, 2019

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Cutoff during the preseason gotta suck

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

God never closes a door without opening a window. in this case, NHL season is in full swing. can't wait for CCTV to ramp up their hockey coverage

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gamers its time to unleash chiang

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Somebody call Vince McMahon.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

gamers its time to unleash chiang

Can't we have Sun instead, I don't need another White Terror.

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

sincx posted:

Blizzard preemptively rolling over is one thing, CCTV pulling all NBA broadcasts until further notice is something else. This is unusually snowflaky even for the CCP. Is it some sort of trade war posturing?

CCTV canceling the NBA was big but not that big since tons of people could (and would) still just stream games online anyway. Tencent following suit means that unless I'm mistaken there's no way for the average person to watch the NBA in China now without a VPN. There are a poo poo ton of basketball fans in China, and even if they follow the party line on HK I can't imagine they're going to be pleased to lose access to NBA broadcasts indefinitely over a bunch of CCP glass-heart posturing. This seems like it has the potential to backfire on them quite badly to be honest.

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Basketball has been in a terminal decline since Space Jam so this isn't a huge loss.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

TrilliontonNixon posted:

Basketball has been in a terminal decline since Space Jam so this isn't a huge loss.

basketball today is a way better on the court product than the 90s

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tom Smykowski posted:

Cutoff during the preseason gotta suck

I went to the LA Clippers vs Shanghai Sharks game in Honolulu on Sunday

Chinese flag raised for the game

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

TrilliontonNixon posted:

this is the first season in a very long time where there's no clear-cut dominant favorite team, and that's before you factor in that the NBA is the most followed sports league in China by magnitudes. former players are practically royalty there, just ask Stephon Marbury

no good will come out of the CCP being mad and nude about the NBA

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

supposedly there are more nba fans in china than in the united states

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/BeijingReview/status/1181182957878484993?s=20

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Known Lecher posted:

CCTV canceling the NBA was big but not that big since tons of people could (and would) still just stream games online anyway. Tencent following suit means that unless I'm mistaken there's no way for the average person to watch the NBA in China now without a VPN. There are a poo poo ton of basketball fans in China, and even if they follow the party line on HK I can't imagine they're going to be pleased to lose access to NBA broadcasts indefinitely over a bunch of CCP glass-heart posturing. This seems like it has the potential to backfire on them quite badly to be honest.

We'll see if the ban is still on when regular season games begin in 2 weeks, or if it is quietly rescinded.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bip Roberts posted:

basketball today is a way better on the court product than the 90s

get that OUT of my face posted:

this is the first season in a very long time where there's no clear-cut dominant favorite team, and that's before you factor in that the NBA is the most followed sports league in China by magnitudes. former players are practically royalty there, just ask Stephon Marbury

no good will come out of the CCP being mad and nude about the NBA

A game of basketball without the Monstars is no game I care to watch

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Too bad no general will shoot Trump after he sell out the trade deal to China for more favorable reelection rating.

Peter Navarro man up.

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

sincx posted:

lol

https://nationalinterest.org/feature/china-winning-trumps-trade-war-86116

edit: maybe what's going on with the nba is the hardliner faction trying to make a statement?

Please do not, under any circumstances, quote The National Interest.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

TrilliontonNixon posted:

A game of basketball without the Monstars is no game I care to watch
Space Jam 2 coming soon

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

get that OUT of my face posted:

Space Jam 2 coming soon

why, is michael jordan heavily in debt to loan sharks again?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

sorry gamers, video games are now banned in the people's republic of china

honestly, it would be an improvement to society

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
any society

Norton the First
Dec 4, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
I warn you, if you ban video games I am going to spend even more time posting here.

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Norton the First posted:

I warn you, if you ban video games I am going to spend even more time posting here.

just go down the list, banned banned banned, until gamers are exposed to the suns rays, healing them like clark kent

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.
Under communism the government forces you to go outside and talk to girls

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

whatever7 posted:

Too bad no general will shoot Trump after he sell out the trade deal to China for more favorable reelection rating.

Peter Navarro man up.

maybe after being humiliated by the president in Syria the most combat-hardened forces of the American empire will just make like the Cossacks and ignore the pleas to scatter the rabble advancing on the winter palace

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

RIP, Homework Explainer can never come back to America

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1181649458699870208

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

SKULL.GIF posted:

RIP, Homework Explainer can never come back to America

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1181649458699870208

Serious question, are these type of sanctions going to have any impact in China?

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Judge Jeannie Pirro to preside over the case of Meng Wanzhou

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

sincx posted:

If those officials have dirty money stashed in the US, or if their wives/kids are in the US, then their lives will get a lot more annoying.

Otherwise no.

More significantly, this signals that the administration has given up on reaching a trade deal in the short to medium term (not before Nov 2020).

It also adds evidence that we are actually genuinely in a second Cold War.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

sincx posted:

If those officials have dirty money stashed in the US, or if their wives/kids are in the US, then their lives will get a lot more annoying.

Otherwise no.

if this lasts long it's going to do absolutely incredible things to the DC-area real estate market lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IWW Online Branch
Apr 20, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Anyone in China want me to smuggle them into America hit me up. I've got some friends in Nepal who've got a pickup truck with a tarp over the bed. The price is three bootleg ssj4 Gogeta figurines.