Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON

could not possibly be any less surprised

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

quote:

"You think of Penn State as a bunch of clean-cut guys..."

Not really the first thing I think of regarding Penn State.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
I'm deeply concerned about the public image of the Nittany Kid Fuckers.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

What a weirdo

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
I assume Penn State will still crush the life out of Iowa this weekend?

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

YOLOsubmarine posted:

LSU leads FBS in points per game. Yea, they haven't played anyone yet other than Texas, but it's not like Oklahoma or Alabama, who are right behind them, have run a gauntlet either.

Texas is ranked an astonishing #121 in pass defense (and #93 in total defense) idk if putting up points on us is that big of an accomplishment.

Also holy poo poo how good would this team be with even a borderline competent defense?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

LLCoolJD posted:

I think Penn State is -3, but Iowa is always a tricky one.

Although Maryland was only 6.5 point underdogs and that went out the window a few minutes in?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I'm still lolling at Penn State being like "Yeah we can't confirm who that is or isn't by that document" and the Actual guy is like "gently caress yeah I wrote that poo poo come @ me".

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

vyst posted:

I'm still lolling at Penn State being like "Yeah we can't confirm who that is or isn't by that document" and the Actual guy is like "gently caress yeah I wrote that poo poo come @ me".

It’s a real shame they didn’t sign their name.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

mactheknife posted:

sorry y'all, turns out this guy is good and has correct opinions

Bring babies and toddlers everywhere.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Thermos H Christ posted:

Texas is ranked an astonishing #121 in pass defense (and #93 in total defense) idk if putting up points on us is that big of an accomplishment.

Also holy poo poo how good would this team be with even a borderline competent defense?

Again, they currently lead FBS in points per game. The argument isn't that they are good because they scored a lot on Texas, it's that they're good because they're scoring a lot on everyone they play.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Again, they currently lead FBS in points per game. The argument isn't that they are good because they scored a lot on Texas, it's that they're good because they're scoring a lot on everyone they play.

Get back to us when LSU plays a defense at least as good as Tulane's.

Leading FBS in points per game is less impressive when you realize who LSU has played. If only they weren't afraid of playing their oldest rival.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

LLCoolJD posted:

Night game at Kinnick. If history is any guide, expect it to be won on the final possession.

. . . by Penn State.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Sab0921 posted:

Bring babies and toddlers everywhere.

Babies and toddlers that yell and scream should be tossed off the cliff like imperfect Spartans.

I'm kidding please don't murder babies

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
James Franklin brought up the letter before his presser. Seems like a fair response, standing behind his players while still trying to put the matter to rest.

https://twitter.com/Ben_Jones88/status/1181611658050969600?s=19

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

news/gator sauce piquant update: it's good

views: expect LSU to cover saturday night, gently caress florida to death

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I can't even grasp the processes involved in one's own brain that make you worry about someone's hair, unless it is a potential health code violation.

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Yeah, they're clearly very capable of running up the score on overmatched defenses, it just doesn't seem like it's been tested against any actual good defenses and their own defense looked like a potential liability. It's not that I think they're actually bad, it's just... are they really that good? Seems like they could end up being a playoff team or losing 3+ games down the stretch.

I might be overly skeptical. I have some mild PTSD from 2016 Notre Dame and 2017 USC so when Texas appears evenly matched with a highly ranked team early on I assume the other team is actually bad and any Texas fan foolish enough to think we were competing at a high level will have the rug pulled out from under them.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Florida’s defense has the ability to make offenses look like they forgot which team is supposed to have the ball.

LSU is not immune.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

colachute posted:

Florida’s defense has the ability to make offenses look like they forgot which team is supposed to have the ball.

LSU is not immune.

if we were able to live with a decade of les miles, i think we can handle that

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

I can't even grasp the processes involved in one's own brain that make you worry about someone's hair, unless it is a potential health code violation.

It's a way for racists to stigmatize blackness.

fyi hygiene and health are one of the frequently-used excuses by white people who do this.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

PostNouveau posted:

fyi hygiene and health are one of the frequently-used excuses by white people who do this.

Hair particularly. See also: 50 years of school 'grooming standards' and military 'approved hairstyles.'

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

Probably should wear a hair net if you work in a bakery regardless of what ethnicity you are

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

Hair particularly. See also: 50 years of school 'grooming standards' and military 'approved hairstyles.'

All I can think of is Grandpa Simpson talking about Johnny Unitas

Now THERE'S a haircut you can set your watch to!

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

PostNouveau posted:

Ya. For God's sake, the letter goes on to say the guy doesn't watch the NFL anymore for *black related dog-whistles*

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Sash! posted:

Probably should wear a hair net if you work in a bakery regardless of what ethnicity you are

Yeah, no poo poo.

What's that got to do with this?

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I've seen Polamalu's hair in person before and it was even more majestic than you'd think it could be.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

I worked in a grocery store that allowed facial hair but you had to put a hairnet on your face if you were in any food prep areas.

It was pretty fashionable.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, no poo poo.

What's that got to do with this?

That's what I meant by where my level of caring was?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The poo poo-talk has begun

https://twitter.com/ChipBrown247/status/1181612578407104512

Sash! posted:

That's what I meant by where my level of caring was?

Ah, I see.

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004

quote:

“I would just like to see the coaches get the guys cleaned up and not looking like Florida State and Miami guys," Petersen told the Tribune-Democrat’s Chip Minemyer. Petersen added that it was “not the intent” to make any racial or cultural statements

Who does he mean, Wyatt Sexton and Brock Berlin?

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Who does he mean, Wyatt Sexton and Brock Berlin?

That guy definitely says “the blacks”.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

That guy definitely says “the blacks”.

b...b...but in the article about their extensive world travels he and his wife both tout the hospitality of "the African people!"

:jerkbag:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Scarf posted:

b...b...but in the article about their extensive world travels he and his wife both tout the hospitality of "the African people!"

South African

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

iwentdoodie posted:

South African

Even that would show at least some base knowledge of the extensive number of culturally different "African people."

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scarf posted:

those folks totally feel like white saviors

The original letter even had paternalistic bullshit about their parents and girlfriends telling them they look like trash. See also the tattoo letter to the editor.

Boomer trash can die fast enough.

E:

Also this is super good:

https://twitter.com/uofoklahoma/status/1181649642171375618?s=21

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 8, 2019

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Scarf posted:

Even that would show at least some base knowledge of the extensive number of culturally different "African people."

They still occasionally wake up in a cold sweat as they remember what happened to their friends in Rhodesia.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

LeeMajors posted:

those folks totally feel like white saviors

The original letter even had paternalistic bullshit about their parents and girlfriends telling them they look like trash. See also the tattoo letter to the editor.

Boomer trash can die fast enough.

E:

Also this is super good:

https://twitter.com/uofoklahoma/status/1181649642171375618?s=21

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:flag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Can't wait to see if Jalen Hurts puts up better numbers on Texas at a neutral site than Joe Burrow (471 yds, 4 TD, 1 INT) did in a true road game.