Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

:lol: even the rattiest rats won't get on that ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Riptor posted:

why are so many people writing it this way all of a sudden

From a ways back, its a tell for the geographical origin of the posters.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
If anyone is wondering how Georgia's campus carry policy is going, some dumbass on campus just shot himself in the leg while taking a piss.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

empty whippet box posted:

I loving knew they would try to say it was over some drug poo poo. Absolute loving scum, I don't believe a word of it

Absolute loving bullshit, gently caress cops.

Did you see where the suspect(s) came from? Apparently young dudes drove 300 miles from Louisana and across a state just to buy drugs from this one guy like what was he selling for that kind of effort the Water of Life? gently caress cops.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Look, we should be congratulating the DPD here for the meticulousness of the investigation. I mean the weed bundles had evidence tags on them before they even found them, how on the ball is that?

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Neo Rasa posted:

Did you see where the suspect(s) came from? Apparently young dudes drove 300 miles from Louisana and across a state just to buy drugs from this one guy like what was he selling for that kind of effort the Water of Life? gently caress cops.

Like I said it's an 8+ hour round trip when Houston is half the distance.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

ryde posted:

Amazon already had an office in NYC which was growing. They just aren't making it their "official" HQ2 which would presumably involve expanding it more rapidly.

the HQ2 thing would have been in brooklyn. their current expansion will be in manhattan. it is probably best to think of what was proposed in those terms: the bribes were to develop part of the city that is (ever so slightly) less developed than the rest.

still the correct thing to do for the most desirable city in the country to flip amazon the bird: you pay to come to us, not the other way around.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

yeah i can't imagine why he turned down the chance to get blamed for every time trump directly ignored his advice publicly and then have trump refuse to pay him as a result

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

BrandorKP posted:

From a ways back, its a tell for the geographical origin of the posters.

Explain?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The only reason he’s doing this is because he’s running for Louisiana’s governor and his other republican opponent has been hammering him as not republican enough. Also, that he didn’t support Trump.

The election is this Saturday and both of them are hoping that the Democratic incumbent (John Bel Edwards) doesn’t get over 50%, thus forcing a runoff.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Bottom Liner posted:

:lol: even the rattiest rats won't get on that ship

I remember reading a decent article from back in the day about how gowdy found the shitshow of Benghazi incredibly trying. not on moral grounds, on "I take pride in my work and you incompetent jackasses keep loving this up for me" grounds.

if you asked him to imagine hell it would probably look like this case

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

evilweasel posted:

yeah i can't imagine why he turned down the chance to get blamed for every time trump directly ignored his advice publicly and then have trump refuse to pay him as a result
Wonder if Trump's already been asking people to work for free for him "out of patriotic duty"

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

People get shot over weed deals of large volume.

Also black market sellers of anything are big targets for robbery because they operate in cash, and especially in the case of drugs the merchandise is easy to turn over.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Neo Rasa posted:

Imagine being so stupid and gullible you think people have to drive 300 miles to buy weed lol

The amazing thing is the boot lickers will eat this up

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Shifty Pony posted:

Look, we should be congratulating the DPD here for the meticulousness of the investigation. I mean the weed bundles had evidence tags on them before they even found them, how on the ball is that?

You really have to admire the speed and efficiency of the DPD too, they go straight to justice and skip all that trial before your peers stuff.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/1181627846650978304?s=20

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Jarmak posted:

Also black market sellers of anything are big targets for robbery because they operate in cash, and especially in the case of drugs the merchandise is easy to turn over.

Less than 12 hours for you to show up. Good response.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The only way this could be more comically obvious is if the Cops also “found” a note Brown wrote as he was dying that read “I died from a bad weed deal because I am a bad person and I recant by testimony against Guyger”

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

I remember reading a decent article from back in the day about how gowdy found the shitshow of Benghazi incredibly trying. not on moral grounds, on "I take pride in my work and you incompetent jackasses keep loving this up for me" grounds.

if you asked him to imagine hell it would probably look like this case

imagine Trey Gowdy thinking that you are incompetent.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Jarmak posted:

sometimes people just shoot themselves in the back of the head twice then set their cars on fire after they annoy the cops. who's to say why?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

canepazzo posted:

Wonder if Trump's already been asking people to work for free for him "out of patriotic duty"

probably

there is a reason in the muller investigation everyone else, even kushner, had top-flight lawyers and trump had the bozos who had nothing better to do and no reputation to ruin

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

TulliusCicero posted:

Imagine being so stupid and gullible you think people have to drive 300 miles to buy weed lol

The amazing thing is the boot lickers will eat this up

It's not uncommon for people to drive long distances to get their big reups or anything. It doesn't make it any more believable, but it does happen all the time. I personally have known a whole bunch of people who did this, and still do. Sometimes that's who you know, and that's who you get your best prices from.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Jesus ducking Christ nate.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

i think this makes sense

https://twitter.com/jonallendc/status/1181634550050562053

once a republican votes against opening the investigation they are basically locked in to oppose impeachment even if poo poo looks real bad later on

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

shut the gently caress up Nate

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Great. Now a bunch of us have to live with having read that. I hope you are proud of yourself.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Sometimes Nate Silver produces content that's actually funny.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Americans write $100
some Europeans write 100$

it's really variable between countries

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Wow, Trey Gowdy actually did a smart.

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

CommieGIR posted:

Wow, Trey Gowdy actually did a smart.

He's so good at being stupid he can tell who the people stupider than him are and knows to stay away.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

sometimes people just shoot themselves in the back of the head twice then set their cars on fire after they annoy the cops. who's to say why?

Actually no, they don't, whereas the things I said actually do happen, frequently.

I'm perfectly on board with the possibility DPD killed this guy, I'm just not jumping to writing creepy snuff film fanfic about it before we have literally any information.

And if I was I'd put more effort into it and not write obviously wrong poo poo like I responded to.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Super-Id posted:

He's so good at being stupid he can tell who the people stupider than him are and knows to stay away.
Game recognize game.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Jarmak posted:

....and

D-Pad
Jun 28, 2006

empty whippet box posted:

It's not uncommon for people to drive long distances to get their big reups or anything. It doesn't make it any more believable, but it does happen all the time. I personally have known a whole bunch of people who did this, and still do. Sometimes that's who you know, and that's who you get your best prices from.

This. I also know somebody who got shot over less than a pound of mid-grade poo poo weed. It happens a lot more than you think. I don't believe a word out of the Dallas cops mouths though.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

mango sentinel posted:

Like I said it's an 8+ hour round trip when Houston is half the distance.

https://twitter.com/jbouie/status/1181668245008474113

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

why do you think he resigned from congress in the first place

Aztec Galactus
Sep 12, 2002

Jarmak posted:

If they were after drugs or cash they would have taken the drugs, or the cash

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

And this guy who lived next door to a guy who was just murdered by a cop and was involved heavily in the ongoing nationally televised court case and was afraid of the cops(as we've seen from text messages) was keeping that kind of weight around in his apartment, again, next door to where a cop broke in and murdered another black man.

That goes way further than straining credulity. That's so obviously bullshit that anyone who even considers the idea that it's true is just completely full of poo poo.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/_groovy55/status/1181323210358480901

https://twitter.com/tomwcleary/status/1181374032991703041

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Especially when, according to Brown’s testimony, the cops were in his apartment when they took his original statement.