Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!

Mr. Nice! posted:

He can’t dismiss his case. It has already been dismissed with prejudice. There’s no option to voluntarily dismiss and refile now.

In fact, under the tcpa he couldn't dismiss the suit anyway as soon as the tcpa motion was in place. even if he did, the tcpa would move forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

E the Shaggy posted:

Nick apparently has a new strategy of.....this:

"[4:30 PM]rekietalaw: How pissed off would everyone be if Vic dismissed his case with the intent to refile in September....but for a really good reason?"

https://twitter.com/jmkacc/status/1181431772283887625

That's not what's actually happening(it's from months ago), it's actually about how Beard was having Rekieta run litigation strategy by his fans.
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1181584165759864833?s=20
https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1181587439057543168?s=20

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Oh. Pro tip. This language was ADDED to the Texas TCPA:

Texas House Bill 2730 posted:

(c)AAThis chapter applies to a legal action against a victim
or alleged victim of family violence or dating violence as defined
in Chapter 71, Family Code, or an offense under Chapter 20, 20A, 21,
or 22, Penal Code, based on or in response to a public or private
communication.

(Texas) PENAL CODE TITLE 5. OFFENSES AGAINST THE PERSON CHAPTER 21. SEXUAL OFFENSES

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Maera Sior posted:

Also, using "autistic" as a slur. Really?

Yeah, not really warming to these guys, one thing they did say that's interesting is that the lawyer with the youtube channel doesn't have malpractice insurance so doesn't look good for the Ty Beards finances, unless getting that when you have a client was the only lesson he learnt from law school.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

So has anybody covered how bad this new stuff actually is for Rekieta? Nvm reading more seems like most of the lawyers don't think this actually constitutes Nick working as an attorney for Vic in a legal sense.

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 9, 2019

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Baka-nin posted:

Yeah, not really warming to these guys, one thing they did say that's interesting is that the lawyer with the youtube channel doesn't have malpractice insurance so doesn't look good for the Ty Beards finances, unless getting that when you have a client was the only lesson he learnt from law school.

Yeah, but Rekieta isn't representing Vic in any way, he just connected Vic to Ty.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
Isn’t that Discord transcript evidence that Rekieta handled a lot of planning/strategy for the case?

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
Also wasn't part of their case that there was a secret discord server where Marchi and Rial conspired with their fellow SJWs to slander Vic? I suppose that's where that projection came from.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Phobophilia posted:

Also wasn't part of their case that there was a secret discord server where Marchi and Rial conspired with their fellow SJWs to slander Vic? I suppose that's where that projection came from.

has any chud ever accused someone of doing a thing they were not themselves doing

ever

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Patware posted:

has any chud ever accused someone of doing a thing they were not themselves doing

ever

"They just want women to rule the world and step on men" isn't something they are doing, just their personal fetish.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i think "boy i sure hope a woman doesn't rule the world and step on me!" counts on a technicality

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Nah, theirs is pretty clearly "They just want men to rule the world and step on women (and minorities)", so it still tracks.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Phobophilia posted:

There was a badly photoshoped picture about that which got debunked quick as people pointed out where certain pieces were taken from.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Patware posted:

ever

I always assumed it was something like "if we're doing it, then they must be as well if we dig hard enough!! :tinfoil:"

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Doucette tweeted something ~*~mysterious~*~ in the twitter thread for Vic's lawsuit:

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1181780257919193088

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/status/1181780991603609600

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Somehow an alligator has entered this fuckin case

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
They're probably trying to sue him or something.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Skwirl posted:

They're probably trying to sue him or something.

When your first SLAPP fails, go somewhere with less anti-slapp protection and try again?

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

who the gently caress censors their own expletives

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Elephant Parade posted:

who the gently caress censors their own expletives

Voice to text on Android automatically censors my cursing. It's terrible.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Elephant Parade posted:

who the f*ck censors their own expletives
I only censor other people's loving expletives.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Voice to text on Android automatically censors my cursing. It's terrible.

My voice to text will happily render "No, I wanted a full stop, not the words full loving stop, you bastard, delete that, delete, fucker"

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

TheDarkFlame posted:

My voice to text will happily render "No, I wanted a full stop, not the words full loving stop, you bastard, delete that, delete, fucker"

I'm jelly as heck over here.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
On iphones if you add your favorite swear words to your contacts list they'll stop being autocorrected away.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I have autocorrect disabled on all my devices. I turned it off on iOS on 7 iirc because there was a big shift in its behavior then. I manually typed contractions, and it would do dumb things like we'lol and he'lol because it would think I was done with a word when I hit apostrophe. Turned it off and never looked back.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

it turns out that the winner of the case is Jeb!

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Alan Smithee posted:

it turns out that the winner of the case is Jeb!

The handgun finally paid off.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Skwirl posted:

On iphones if you add your favorite swear words to your contacts list they'll stop being autocorrected away.

the saner way is if you go to settings->general->keyboard->text replacement, you can just set up a list of words you want to explicitly have (just fill in phrase, shortcut can be blank)

and then when you yell “gently caress” siri won’t try to queue up a call or text message to a nonexistent contact

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/Spacebird77/status/1183473803067875328?s=19

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

"Our friends at Kiwi Farms have been so wonderful" really says it all, doesn't it?

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Looks like Migogna is loving stupid enough to appeal

https://twitter.com/greg_doucette/s...566943665700864

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

How many people will still even be following this in the months it'll even take for the appeal to go through according to the lawyers own feed? Feels like interest would dry up quickly when the Vicstans inevitably get distracted by something else.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

ChaseSP posted:

How many people will still even be following this in the months it'll even take for the appeal to go through according to the lawyers own feed? Feels like interest would dry up quickly when the Vicstans inevitably get distracted by something else.

This is the bargaining phase

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
This should be a relatively fast appeal. It will still take a couple of months, but there’s no real error made by the lower court judge.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Well yes they literally have no evidence for their claims at all given it was all thrown out due to being made up bullshit. It's not even like they have any remaiming evidence to make their case, it's literally goint "nuh-uh!" but in a long portracted legal battle.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Can they eventually try and take it to the supreme court?

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
Only if at least 4 justices on the supreme court want to hear it. So almost certainly no.

SoftNum
Mar 31, 2011

Fangz posted:

Can they eventually try and take it to the supreme court?

Technically yes but the Supreme Court usually doesn't pick things up that haven't gone to the state supreme court. Also they're not going to pick this up, because it's a case with an obvious answer and no real precedent setting decisions to make/validate. THere's some rumblings of wanting to strike down Sullivan v. the NYT decision because Trumpers hate the "public figure" rules... this is a poor case because that's not the only or primary reason Vic lost.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I can't loving imagine the state would take this, let alone Federal Court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I mean Brett kavanaugh is most certainly a yes