Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Warbird posted:

I’ve been to that store a few times, it’s pretty neat pretty much what childhood hell would look like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

thexerox123 posted:

I really hope we get more one-off live shows about the Space Horny Boys going forward!

I want more stories about no-nonsense, outspoken conservative values.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I want down to earth relatable stories swarming with magic robots

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

I want down to earth relatable stories swarming with magic robots

I can’t believe the Simpsons predicted Steven Universe

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
Bad news

https://twitter.com/justinmcelroy/status/1181606017056067584?s=21

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Lol loving Justin holding back rabid fans.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I think he’s making a joke that they definitely would have been on, no lie if the show wasn’t on hiatus that week

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

$5 says Fallon comes on the podcast that week.

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Pivot time: The McElroy Brothers WILL Be On Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

really they just need to find someone who works there that could let them into the studio

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Oh man, I went to Mars 2112 when I was a kid

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

change my name posted:

Oh man, I went to Mars 2112 when I was a kid

On that note, can we please take a minute to talk about Mars 2112??????

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I'm disappointed they didn't scroll down far enough to find the photos of the Farscape cast all getting dinner there

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

The latest TAZ lives show was better than any episode of Amnesty. Goodness I hope the next saga is funny and not so drat serious and self-important.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I felt the seriousness is what allowed stuff like Ned and Duck to flourish. They'd be boring by Balance standards.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SpacePig posted:

Clint is the best brother sometimes.

Proof: https://youtu.be/alAbyXGLLEA

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

As legendary as this clip is for Clint, Travis is probably the best part of it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
"I've put Cheetos on salad. Sheetz will put anything on salad, they don't care"

"Someone needs to care"

Serf
May 5, 2011

man i wish they'd put the guest's name in the episode title so i don't find myself stumbling into an unfunny segment. given the nature of the question i was hoping they'd have sydnee come on, but nope

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

They're really going hard on these guest spots huh

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Serf posted:

man i wish they'd put the guest's name in the episode title so i don't find myself stumbling into an unfunny segment. given the nature of the question i was hoping they'd have sydnee come on, but nope

I'm going to guess that letting people know that there will be a guest ahead of time probably drops engagement numbers.

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

Tears In A Vial posted:

They're really going hard on these guest spots huh

Booking all these guest spots is Joel's revenge for The McElroy Brothers Will Be In Trolls 2

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I wonder if there's a lesson there

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010
I will say at least Felicia came to play in the segment. She didn’t treat it like a talk show and launch into a pre-planned anecdote.

Also the Money Zone doesn’t have any big jokes, but there’s a good energy during it so it’s not completely skippable.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Money Zone is kind of killing me in TAZ because I'm blowing through the backlog. The only thing worse was that really awful commercial for The Flophouse that I had to keep hearing at the end of episodes for a while.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

That's why skip 30 exist

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, unlike MBMBaM, where sometimes the Money Zone will have a fun bit in it, TAZ's Moneyzone is always just Griffin and is always skippable.

Prof. Spaceman
May 1, 2007

NOPE

I thought Felicia fit in very well, played along, contributed to the improv, and was entertaining? :shrug:

I totally agree that sometimes the guests can be real stinkers who don't get it and aren't funny, but I don't see that at all here.

Serf
May 5, 2011

her one good joke was about supernatural. other than that, unfunny

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, unlike MBMBaM, where sometimes the Money Zone will have a fun bit in it, TAZ's Moneyzone is always just Griffin and is always skippable.

The exceptions were when Clint would get in on it during FunDrives. "Now dad, what's the Secret Circle?" "Well, I'll tell ya Griffin, that's where we gather nightly to sacrifice animals on an altar of blood," done in his radio voice was so good.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Prof. Spaceman posted:

I thought Felicia fit in very well, played along, contributed to the improv, and was entertaining? :shrug:

I totally agree that sometimes the guests can be real stinkers who don't get it and aren't funny, but I don't see that at all here.

I agree this one was good.

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

I think the guest spots, by way of being prerecorded, just kind of break up the momentum a bit. Felicia was definitely the best one in a long while, but it just feels like the energy drops.

That said, the brothers have been grafting for ten years, so I don't blame them at all for getting paid, but munch squads and guest spots aren't really doing it for me atm.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I know it doesn’t mean much but one of Griffins bits on Wonderful! this week was about creating theme songs and that the next TAZ theme is probably the most upbeat, fanciful, and fun he’s done yet. I can’t imagine an upbeat theme leading to a more serious show but I gusss you never know

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Are we still on this "Munch Squad Is Reverse Psychology Sponsorship" thing?

It's just a bit that's worn out its welcome that Justin still thinks is funny

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

George H.W. oval office posted:

I know it doesn’t mean much but one of Griffins bits on Wonderful! this week was about creating theme songs and that the next TAZ theme is probably the most upbeat, fanciful, and fun he’s done yet. I can’t imagine an upbeat theme leading to a more serious show but I gusss you never know

God, I hope so.
I listen to a lot of real play shows and most of them fall back on being dour way too often.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I hope it slaps as much as the amnesty theme

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Oh sorry, I didn't mean to equate the munch squads with the guest spot things in a commercial sense, but in re reading what I wrote I definitely did. I just meant that I'm glad the boys are getting paid (from guest spots) but neither those, nor the munch squads, are really doing it for me, and together that's a not insignificant part of the pod right now.

Mae
Aug 1, 2010

Supesudandi wa, kukan-nai no dandidesu

Blockhouse posted:

I hope it slaps as much as the amnesty theme

Or the hootenanny theme, which hard slaps and I'm waiting for Griffin to post it

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Did Felecia Day ever successfully transition from internet to television and film?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Not like as a lead character but I believe she's showed up on a bunch of shows like big bang theory(?) or supernatural.

She basically occupies the same space as Wil Wheaton.