Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Are you referring to the United States?

:smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Yeah China is bad and should be condemned but the idea that China being on top would be worse than the US being on top seems kinda unsupported to me. Are we really gonna argue which country has the better concentration camps?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Gripweed posted:

Yeah China is bad and should be condemned but the idea that China being on top would be worse than the US being on top seems kinda unsupported to me. Are we really gonna argue which country has the better concentration camps?

For the last time: OURS!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Hopper posted:

In 20 years we will all have to learn Chinese and will be completely depending on the good will of the Chinese government and all our useless politicians that are looking away constantly "in the interest of our economy" will go "Who could have seen this coming? There was no way to know China would be so aggressively expanding their influence etc. blah blah."

Remember when people last looked away until it was to late? The similarities are frightening. There is camps already, the retoric, the censorship, the expanding of territory... They probably also burned books already

ROW OF ANGELS DESCEND FROM THE SKY. EACH HERALDING MY ARRIVAL WITH GOLDEN HORNS. I WALK BETWEEN THE ROWS WEARING A WHITE SUIT SNAPPING MY FINGERS IN TIME. DAVID HANDS ME A MIC THAT SHINES BRIGHT. I BELT OUT THE LINE LIKE METATRON.

This is an arby's drive thru

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
If I can transition my knowledge of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms, solely gleaned from Total War: Three Kingdoms, into something beneficial for me then I'm all for it.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Satan help me, I'm getting sweaty playing a mobile game.

It's mostly because cod is melting my phone but still.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
can't believe they'd put you in a platoon with triplets

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gripweed posted:

:rolleyes: feel free to ask the Uyghurs which country has better camps.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
nutjobber is doing the best he can, ok

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/zxzCWLm.mp4

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
He really does look like winnie the poo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I said come in! posted:

Hoping for options for a 500GB and 1TB SSD SKU. I have a 1TB SSD in my PC and it's perfectly fine.

My laptop has a lol 200gb ssd and its torture

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

My laptop has a lol 200gb ssd and its torture

I only have 50GB more than you and I just play most of my games off my NAS now.

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RrYJ5z-be8

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
maybe these "civilizational" tensions shouldn't be swept under the rug. feels like we're at a tipping point that's been a long time coming.

https://twitter.com/25yolanda8866/status/1178731499106922496?s=20

(this came up because some had the idea to turn mei into a figure of the hk protests. that's her va.)

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Let he without concentration camps cast the first stone

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
fun reminder that one of our admins was laughed off the forums for denying the genocide of the Uyghur people

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Imagine the horror of not doing business in china

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

fun reminder that one of our admins was laughed off the forums for denying the genocide of the Uyghur people

wow guyovich really is gone

e:when did this happen? within the last few days?

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Oct 9, 2019

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
last night

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

CharlestonJew posted:

where do we find these people

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
like at this point just have the entire mod/admin team be the monster squad at least we know what we are getting with them

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What about Video Games

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bit of a stretch, but for GameCube, does anyone happen to have a Timesplitters 2 save file that is 100% complete?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What about Video Games

theyre pretty good

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
Hadn't touched my account for a few months since HoTS starting going downhill but nonetheless:

feels good man

(btw that's WoW, SC2, Overwatch, D3, Destiny, and a substantial Herostorm account all going bye-bye)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

ChickenHeart posted:

Hadn't touched my account for a few months since HoTS starting going downhill but nonetheless:

feels good man

(btw that's WoW, SC2, Overwatch, D3, Destiny, and a substantial Herostorm account all going bye-bye)

I’d have given them a window of a day or two to apologize, but that’s admirable

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i'm not as strong as everyone's dear friend ChickenHeart but i did cancel my wow sub with a message at the end saying Liberate Hong Kong, revolution of our age

as someone mentioned earlier, it's a good thing they don't even make good games anymore

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I got the GF ending in AI and this game is good as hell

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

ChickenHeart posted:

feels good man

For what its worth your Destiny account is on Steam now and has no relation to Blizzard/Activision anymore.

I uninstalled my Blizzard games and deleted Battle Net today.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ChickenHeart posted:

feels good man

i understand the good feels, but unless you're getting a refund they probably don't care that much that you're destroying things you've already purchased from them (and you can actually request a refund for destiny 2 stuff if you bought it from bnet this year)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

homeless snail posted:

i understand the good feels, but unless you're getting a refund they probably don't care that much that you're destroying things you've already purchased from them (and you can actually request a refund for destiny 2 stuff if you bought it from bnet this year)

lmao look at this person who thinks games are products not services

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

It sends a signal that this matters to people.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Rinkles posted:

It sends a signal that this matters to people.
about as much as burning your pair of nikes because colin kaepernick kneeled. don't buy anything else from them, but ex post facto boycotting is more for personal gratification than it is effecting change

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

But this-

https://twitter.com/PlayEnchanted/status/1181660881593221121

Like honestly I was ready to say that people were seeing things that weren't there UNTIL THE ACTUAL GAMEPLAY STARTED and then it was like, well gently caress.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

If anything they'll make extra money when people who do stuff like that want to play Diablo again.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it even has a big band soundtrack, thats sick

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

homeless snail posted:

about as much as burning your pair of nikes because colin kaepernick kneeled. don't buy anything else from them, but ex post facto boycotting is more for personal gratification than it is effecting change

Idk, when the suits get a read out that says [a potentially big number] of people nuked their accounts, it might actually start to weigh into to how react

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I know imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

But this-

https://twitter.com/PlayEnchanted/status/1181660881593221121

Like honestly I was ready to say that people were seeing things that weren't there UNTIL THE ACTUAL GAMEPLAY STARTED and then it was like, well gently caress.

I haven't played Cuphead, but that looks like Cuphead. Except not problematic.