Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
I will always unironically use King Rammus every chance I get but the absolute worst/best skin in the game that I will never stop using is Vancouver Amumu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I bought Festival Kassadin before they retired it, thinking it would be amazing if they ever gave him a visual remake.

They just ended up updating his textures and visual effects...

It did get upgraded artwork, but what is the fun in linking that.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Yea those first “skins” sure were something.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a Malphite skin, I think it's Marble or something where it's just a recolour. Viridian Kayle used to be the same, as well as some green Taric skin. Emerald?

Armor of the Fifth Age may have originally been just a recolour but it was perfect and it remains perfect and scientists at CERN expect it to remain perfect forever.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I think I have 2 different kogmaw recolour skins

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth
you dont need a flowchart to tell it was the junglers fault.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I love Ice Toboggan Corki cause it's one of the few remaining model filter splashes (it looks just like Festival Kassadin still), but it's not even centered right on the loading screen. Like 1/3 of Corki is cut off, it's amazing.

Also, anyone know when the current TFT cycle ends? I wanna know if I can just idle to the last emote from here.

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 8, 2019

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I love Ice Toboggan Corki cause it's one of the few remaining model filter splashes (it looks just like Festival Kassadin still), but it's not even centered right on the loading screen. Like 1/3 of Corki is cut off, it's amazing.

Also, anyone know when the current TFT cycle ends? I wanna know if I can just idle to the last emote from here.

toboggan corki is the best skin in the entire game

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy

Addamere posted:

I have a Malphite skin, I think it's Marble or something where it's just a recolour. Viridian Kayle used to be the same, as well as some green Taric skin. Emerald?

Armor of the Fifth Age may have originally been just a recolour but it was perfect and it remains perfect and scientists at CERN expect it to remain perfect forever.

Shamrock Malphite! Literally just turns everything green

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

toboggan corki is the best skin in the entire game

hockey jax

E: santa ornn

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Let’s not forget: Ice Tobaggon Corki is a legendary skin. No new voice-over, animations or effects. They just replaced his ship with a bobsled. Once upon a time, that was worth 1820 RP.

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

“Timing: You can start earning beta pass XP in patch 9.16 in all regions. The pass ends with the start of patch 9.20.”

Which is tomorrow...

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Oct 8, 2019

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just strolled over from the recent Blizzard Hong kong controversy to see if Riot was glancing nervously around while holding their big tournament and it seems they are a step ahead https://www.reddit.com/r/HongKong/comments/df1cfc/the_official_lol_subreddit_is_deleting_and/

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Just strolled over from the recent Blizzard Hong kong controversy to see if Riot was glancing nervously around while holding their big tournament and it seems they are a step ahead https://www.reddit.com/r/HongKong/comments/df1cfc/the_official_lol_subreddit_is_deleting_and/

it's even worse, it pre-deletes them

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
man they were really intent on loving garen up, huh. when they realized the incredibly stupid thing they wanted to change was a bad idea they still went with different stupid changes

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Verviticus posted:

man they were really intent on loving garen up, huh. when they realized the incredibly stupid thing they wanted to change was a bad idea they still went with different stupid changes

Fun must not be allowed.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

That’s lame. I didn’t realize Riot (and therefore tencent) owned the LoL subreddit :downs:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Why worry about all that when they've got another shiny new song! Look at it, will you. LOOK AT IT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1IKnWDecwA

Also,

quote:

Winter Wonder Neeko will no longer lose a significant amount of base stats and the ability to basic attack when Lulu uses W - Whimsy on her as Neeko is using R - Pop Blossom while disguised
It must have been fun tracking this bug down.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Oct 8, 2019

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Toxic Mental posted:

That’s lame. I didn’t realize Riot (and therefore tencent) owned the LoL subreddit :downs:

Basically every official subreddit is owned by the devs, and if it's not run by them they'll have a lot of sway over it.

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
Tencent also owns 10% of reddit, so china has influence that way too.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Mierenneuker posted:

Why worry about all that when they've got another shiny new song! Look at it, will you. LOOK AT IT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i1IKnWDecwA

Also,

It must have been fun tracking this bug down.

at least they found it. talon had a damage amp that displayed the wrong number and didn't work at all for at least two years i think

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Those incredibly specific bugs are always hilarious like “Jax will no longer fly across the map when leaping while using Counterstrike at an ulting Tristana who jumps away while her ultimate projectile is in flight and has a potion running.”

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm a fan of all the Heimerdinger bugs across the years.

Primetime
Jul 3, 2009
If we're ranking best bugs, my vote goes to the time a specific anivia skin would make homeguards slow you to minimum move speed rather than giving you a speed boost.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
My fave is still the super old lee sin one that’d let him fly across the map, mostly cause I got to see it in person a few times

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

My two favorite historical bugs are definitely this incredibly bizarre Amumu Q glitch and the infamous Darius Teleport -> E glitch.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
That Darius Teleport - E bug and the Fiddlesticks' Casting Dark Wind From A Bush Crashes The Game For Everybody bug are my favorites

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Actually, thinking on it, my for-real favorite bug is the "someone gets launched three thousand feet into the sky" bug. It's so deeply ingrained in the basic workings of the League of Legends engine that no one has ever figured out what causes it, how to reproduce it, or what could be changed to potentially fix it. It's a genuine ghost in the machine that'll be there for as long as the game endures.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Flamespitter
BUGFIX Fixed a bug where Flamespitter was dealing less damage when Rumble was trying to set people on fire for extended periods of time
BUGFIX Fixed a bug where Flamespitter dealt less damage when on purple team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPZaH5AyDSA

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Oct 9, 2019

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

I also liked Karthus ult crashing everyone out of the game.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Mierenneuker posted:

“Timing: You can start earning beta pass XP in patch 9.16 in all regions. The pass ends with the start of patch 9.20.”

Which is tomorrow...

gently caress. Oh well. I only got the challenges that would have required insane amounts of playtime to get; I don't really care that much :shrug:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I was less than 100 away from getting the Summoner's Arena. Hope I don't miss it.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
My personal favorite LoL glitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPZaH5AyDSA

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

the best bug was when zed q on the first minion wave removed 20% health from all minions for the rest of the game

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

this is always a classic: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AnNYe6vYocI

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It's still genuinely miraculous to me that the League engine has held together as well as it has when it was initially programmed by people who thought having the server check an unsecured clientside file for Masteries was a-okay.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Oops, wrong League thread

Smol fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 9, 2019

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
xerath being able to sit in base and Q the fountain and hit everyone on the enemy team reamins an all-timer

Slaapaav
Mar 3, 2006

by Azathoth

Vermain posted:

Actually, thinking on it, my for-real favorite bug is the "someone gets launched three thousand feet into the sky" bug. It's so deeply ingrained in the basic workings of the League of Legends engine that no one has ever figured out what causes it, how to reproduce it, or what could be changed to potentially fix it. It's a genuine ghost in the machine that'll be there for as long as the game endures.

this for sure. used to happened almost every game when playing alistar. why did they remove multiple mechanics from a popular champion again? wall stuns and w auto is gone? they hit blitz over and over with the nerf hammer but they never removed mechanics from him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

man and I thought recent champs had nutso mobility creep!