Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1181918565794029570

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Comrade Fakename posted:

Yeah, that’s what I thought until I saw that tweet. Also, how is this possible?!:

https://twitter.com/jameelajamil/status/1181261668954722304

She does say full extent. I know some of what he did, I do not know everything.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I don't think ignorance makes you a bad person. Or less of a good person.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Steve2911 posted:

I don't think ignorance makes you a bad person. Or less of a good person.

Ignorance of the the order of suits in a game of bridge? No.

Ignorance of an occupation that led to the deaths of >1m brown people, and its primary architects? Hmm. Still probably no, but it's not exactly praiseworthy

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Coohoolin posted:

Lmao can you repost the XR landlord thing please
It started with this:

VideoGames posted:

She does say full extent. I know some of what he did, I do not know everything.
Yeah, I can understand someone being aware of his Iraq poo poo and allegedly being dumb and controlled, but not, say, his wanting to amend the actual Constitution to define marriage as between a man and a woman or the tax cuts designed to undermine Social Security.

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Oh dear me posted:

That is certainly not Calvinism, where you have been eternally predestined to either Heaven or Hell.

E for more useful information: Calvinists would say we all just deserve to suffer because we are all radically sinful, but some lucky people are saved by God's whim (grace).

Damnit, I thought I was loving it up somewhere and completely flubbed on predestination.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
I fell behind for about 2000 posts because I couldn't simultaneously keep up with this and USPol while still living.

Can someone summarize the government has actually done since.. Thursday or so? I have heard rumours of doubling down on criminality and Boris continuing to compete with Trump for the title of worse moron in power?

If there's anything beyond "not much, bullshitting about trying to get a deal but not actually seeking one" as is normal.

And is Parliament planning on doing anything about him saying he won't do as ordered? What's the date he has to request the extension by anyway?

GlyphGryph fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Oct 9, 2019

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Joris's failweek is coming up so he's working on pretending the EU has sabotaged an actually good and smart deal

also just read the last 3 pages of the trump thread whenever you wonder what's up!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

You know if it was common-or-garden drama I'd be less inclined to believe Rebekah Vardy's account had been hacked but we're talking the Scum here, it's not like it would be even vaguely out of character for them.

Not even the sun's puffy jacket man would get some celebrity password and start following more people

that's like phone hacking and recording a new voicemail message while you're at it

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

She was talking about George Bush - she already said our prime minister was a poo poo, so it follows that she probably wasn't aware of all the fuckery Bush did during his two terms. Like how many of you remember the true heinousness of the Schiavo case?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Ignorance of the the order of suits in a game of bridge? No.

Ignorance of an occupation that led to the deaths of >1m brown people, and its primary architects? Hmm. Still probably no, but it's not exactly praiseworthy

In this context you can probably just say "people" my dude

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

GlyphGryph posted:

Can someone summarize the government has actually done since.. Thursday or so? I have heard rumours of doubling down on criminality and Boris continuing to compete with Trump for the title of worse moron in power?

Actually done? The square root of gently caress all. Mostly they've been trying to blame the EU for the breakdown of talks through the medium of """leaks""" and a lot of Cummings-sounding quotes from "senior government sources" being reproduced without any comment or context by a bunch of lazy political journalists

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm pretty sure JJ knew about the Iraq War, but that as someone in the New Labour years she probably most associated it with Blair (there have been reports that he was even more gung ho about it than Bush due to his messiah complex compared to Dubya wanting to please Poppy Bush).

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Tesseraction posted:

She was talking about George Bush - she already said our prime minister was a poo poo, so it follows that she probably wasn't aware of all the fuckery Bush did during his two terms. Like how many of you remember the true heinousness of the Schiavo case?
Laws named after people and animals are poo poo.

Hentai Jihadist posted:

In this context you can probably just say "people" my white dude

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Jameela Jamil is hella positive and an all round good 'un.

Also the t-shirt my avatar is based on came up on facebook again so here be link as promised.

Ooof I need it

Dare I splash on this ridiculous t-shirt that I'd probably never wear out and about

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

So this turned up in my Youtube recs and I got morbidly curious and started to watch it

It's a video from the Hoover Institute with Christopher Hitchens & Robert Service talking about Trotsky and the first question after they'd introduced themselves was "Is Trotsky a good guy or a bad guy?" and I love it, this is the nuanced historical analysis I crave, is X a goodie or a baddie?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

duh

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Barry Foster posted:

Ooof I need it

Dare I splash on this ridiculous t-shirt that I'd probably never wear out and about

Do 8t. Eat pasta from a tin for a bit. Thankfully, we only live once. It's a shame it doesn't have the av text too

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Is this praxis?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Trickjaw posted:

Do 8t. Eat pasta from a tin for a bit. Thankfully, we only live once. It's a shame it doesn't have the av text too

Might but am now distracted by world events.

gently caress Donald Trump. 'I'm literally shaking with rage' is an internet cliche, and yet

EDIT - but yeah the av text would really make it
EDIT EDIT - I feel stupid talking about this right now

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out
turkey have begun the genocide

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Apparently there's been another shooting outside of a Synagogue in Germany and the guy also used a bomb to desecrate a Jewish cemetary (it's Yom Kippur, so I really doubt this is coincidental).

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Hentai Jihadist posted:

In this context you can probably just say "people" my dude

I mean, it should be pretty clear the reason I made the distinction is because Western society tends to not give much of a poo poo about the deaths of brown people. But okay, I have been woke-checked

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Blair also used military force in places considered European or African (with varying degrees of justification). Equal opportunity bombings is very New Labour.

Angrymog
Jan 30, 2012

Really Madcats

Tesseraction posted:

I'm pretty sure JJ knew about the Iraq War, but that as someone in the New Labour years she probably most associated it with Blair (there have been reports that he was even more gung ho about it than Bush due to his messiah complex compared to Dubya wanting to please Poppy Bush).

Also she'd have been 14-15 when 9/11 happened, and 17 at the time of the Iraq war, and not necessarily interested in politics. I don't think castigating people for things they didn't know as children, but are now learning as adults is particularly worthwhile.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

baka kaba posted:

Joris's failweek is coming up so he's working on pretending the EU has sabotaged an actually good and smart deal

also just read the last 3 pages of the trump thread whenever you wonder what's up!

Not even the sun's puffy jacket man would get some celebrity password and start following more people

that's like phone hacking and recording a new voicemail message while you're at it

The News of the World deleted messages from Milly Dowler's voicemail because it was full and they wanted to see if any more interesting stuff got left on it.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Gum posted:

turkey have begun the genocide

They're not even trying to be coy about it, they're proposing a "buffer zone" to avoid the creation of a "terror corridor" and this is the map:

Guess where the strikes are happening and where the corridor is going to be instated? That's right, 95% of it is in the green zone!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Guavanaut posted:

Apparently there's been another shooting outside of a Synagogue in Germany and the guy also used a bomb to desecrate a Jewish cemetary (it's Yom Kippur, so I really doubt this is coincidental).

Christ, Jeremy Corbyn really can't help himself.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

The News of the World deleted messages from Milly Dowler's voicemail because it was full and they wanted to see if any more interesting stuff got left on it.

No only that, it caused her parents to think she was still alive, giving them false hope.

Every time I think about this story I am filled with rage. How the gently caress could a human being do that? And for what? A few extra sales, a pat on the back from the boss, and some pints down the local to talk about what a loving legend you are? oval office.

Unfortunately mercury did an upgrade at the time that emptied the voicemail of everyone on the network which gives the scum a bit of cover.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

forkboy84 posted:

Christ, Jeremy Corbyn really can't help himself.
Seems they also attacked a Turkish kebab shop, so I think I have an idea what type of motivation it is likely to be.

First 24h are all speculation though.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Seems they also attacked a Turkish kebab shop, so I think I have an idea what type of motivation it is likely to be.

Ah, Corbyn's taken his vegetarianism too far.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

Jedit posted:

Been Caught Stalin, by Games Addiction.

I appreciate this post

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

That Italian Guy posted:

They're not even trying to be coy about it, they're proposing a "buffer zone" to avoid the creation of a "terror corridor" and this is the map:

Guess where the strikes are happening and where the corridor is going to be instated? That's right, 95% of it is in the green zone!

Turkey's never been backward in coming forward when it comes to genocide

EDIT wow Tess from whence your av

Barry Foster fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Oct 9, 2019

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Novara did an interview with David Graeber about Rojava and the whole situation there if anyone wants to know what's going on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhS9ejhtOso

but hey at least Trump's gonna get his Turkish hotels

goddamnedtwisto posted:

yeah but that's more incredibly poo poo than just very bad spying

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Barry Foster posted:

"Jews look after each other so they don't care about whether the state welfare for the people works" is some spicy 19th century antisemitism from whoever wrote that.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Guavanaut posted:

"Jews look after each other so they don't care about whether the state welfare for the people works" is some spicy 19th century antisemitism from whoever wrote that.

Yeah, I didn't know you could get an avatar bought to you by Al Swearengen.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Barry Foster posted:

am I wrong in thinking it's our friendly neighbourhood caravan-owner?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

Seems they also attacked a Turkish kebab shop

Dammit now you've made me think of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-yldqNkGfo

such a great video

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Barry Foster posted:

Julio Cruz posted:

am I wrong in thinking it's our friendly neighbourhood caravan-owner?

I assumed it was our now-threadbanned pub-dodger, but whoever it is I'm glad to know I made them mad.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

I assumed it was our now-threadbanned pub-dodger, but whoever it is I'm glad to know I made them mad.

wait he's threadbanned too? we're moving up in the world boyos

e: in other news Betteridge's Law of Headlines continues to do sterling work

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Oct 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Failed Imagineer posted:

I mean, it should be pretty clear the reason I made the distinction is because Western society tends to not give much of a poo poo about the deaths of brown people. But okay, I have been woke-checked

I more meant the context was weird coz you weren't ironically downplaying the deaths in that manner.
Either way I don't like the phrase and haven't since the LF days but I'm wicked white so :shrug: