Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

Lol trying real hard to pitch this game as an action fueled adventure in this trailer

I guess "in this game you carry a baby" doesn't sell as well

lol you called me out when I suggested it wasn't an action fueled adventure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
Is that the launch trailer Kojima tweeted about putting together this week?

truther
Oct 22, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT THE BEARS
Nah Kojima's one is different I believe. It was a great trailer though. Succinct.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hideo has a month to burn here, game is gold, he'll cut at least two more trailers. And one of them will have voiceover by David Lynch, just speculation, would be cool.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I unironically hope there's more walking around with a baby than combat :colbert:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
I hope a lot of Real Weird poo poo happens with the baby.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
The baby was inside us all along

The baby was us all along

The real baby was the ones we made along the way

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
im baby

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Steve Yun posted:

The baby was inside us all along

The baby was us all along

The real baby was the ones we made along the way

All of these and none of them at the same time and at different times in multiple orders.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

Hahah

quote:

Will players be invited to join the game’s terrorist faction, the Homo Demons...

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

quote:

Homo Demons

Gang tag pls?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

veni veni veni posted:

lol you called me out when I suggested it wasn't an action fueled adventure.

lol you posted the trailer and I'm talking about the trailer it has nothing to do with you

like wtf lmao

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

mods

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zaphod42 posted:

lol you posted the trailer and I'm talking about the trailer it has nothing to do with you

like wtf lmao

I'm talking about like a week or two ago when I said "I Like that it's more than just boring base takedown action gameplay" and you said that is actually all it was.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

veni veni veni posted:

I'm talking about like a week or two ago when I said "I Like that it's more than just boring base takedown action gameplay" and you said that is actually all it was.

Oh... weird. I mean, they're both true? Gameplay wise its just a 3rd person shooter. There's nothing new here gameplay wise, its only creative in its setting and story. Its an action game.

But, for an action game, it has less than mgs5 or call of duty.

Like, they're simultaneously advertising it as being totally different but also look at all this normal action. And I'm pointing out both of those. That's the point. They're trying to cast a wide net, because of course marketing is just trying to sell as many copies as possible. I'm not allowed to note how this trailer focuses entirely on the action? While also noting that the game itself is just normal action with cutscenes?

Did you work on it or something?

Zaphod42 fucked around with this message at 02:23 on Oct 8, 2019

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I was talking about how a large part of the gameplay seems to be actually navigating the terrain instead of just fighting hordes of people all of the time.

No I didn’t work on it I’m not sure why you’d think that haha.

Goreld
May 8, 2002

"Identity Crisis" MurdererWild Guess Bizarro #1Bizarro"Me am first one I suspect!"

veni veni veni posted:

I was talking about how a large part of the gameplay seems to be actually navigating the terrain instead of just fighting hordes of people all of the time.

No I didn’t work on it I’m not sure why you’d think that haha.

Seems to be the game might be a bridge delivery service. Sam’s last name is Porter of all things. Maybe delivering stairways to heaven. (Samuel is godly/god’s name, and bridges is, well bridges)

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I'm pretty sure he's named Sam as in Uncle Sam. It would fit with the theme of reconnecting America.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

We can cuddle and soothe the baby. We can hot springs the baby. Can we chuck the baby?

Can we pee on the baby?

Is my brain okay?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Tall Tale Teller posted:

Can we pee on the baby?

Is my brain okay?

For what it's worth, if I'm able to I am going to pee in every hot spring in the game. So yes indirectly.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Tall Tale Teller posted:

We can cuddle and soothe the baby. We can hot springs the baby. Can we chuck the baby?

Can we pee on the baby?

Is my brain okay?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3PaNhPYXJ8

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

David D. Davidson posted:

For what it's worth, if I'm able to I am going to pee in every hot spring in the game. So yes indirectly.

The game forbids peeing near hot springs, but I'm sure you can find a way.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
drat, you win this round Kojima-San.

EDIT: I'm still totally going to pee on everything I possibly can.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Oct 8, 2019

Look Sir Droids
Jan 27, 2015

The tracks go off in this direction.
PS5 coming before holidays 2020. So anyone considering waiting for that (myself included) will have about a year to wait to play Death Stranding.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/10/sony-confirms-the-playstation-5-is-coming-in-2020-reveals-new-hardware-details/

Pretty much the timeframe I expected, but I also think backward compatibility/porting will be immediate. This isn't going to be like going from PS3 to PS4. It's just upgrading your gaming PC.

19 second load times down to 1-2 seconds. :chord:

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Look Sir Droids posted:

PS5 coming before holidays 2020. So anyone considering waiting for that (myself included) will have about a year to wait to play Death Stranding.

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/10/sony-confirms-the-playstation-5-is-coming-in-2020-reveals-new-hardware-details/

Pretty much the timeframe I expected, but I also think backward compatibility/porting will be immediate. This isn't going to be like going from PS3 to PS4. It's just upgrading your gaming PC.

19 second load times down to 1-2 seconds. :chord:

Yes, but from another perspective you have a 31536000 second load time ahead of you.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I made a personal vow to finish everything I ever bought but only played a little of before buying something new, like an idiot a few months before this releases. Assassin's Creed Odyssey alone has more or less damned me to play Death Stranding on a PS5 Classic with my children and grandchildren gathered around, begging me to put down the controller and say something nice to them before I pass.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

mysterious frankie posted:

my children and grandchildren

Oh all right, body pillows.

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
https://twitter.com/hideo_kojima_en/status/1181905535555125248?s=21

Kojima going on a world tour.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hideo is the man. If I could pick one developer to lead a new game, it would be Hideo. And here's the thing, he's made a game, and the hype is rising as it comes out about one month from today. What I'm trying to say here, is there's gonna be a big game by Hideo Kojima, and it's going to be entertaining for several weeks! It took me like 150 hours to beat MGSV, and this looks like a bigger world, more in-depth and whatnot as well. Quite frankly I'm about to pass out just thinking about this.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Does anyone else kind of get Annihilation vibes from the look and color palette of the outdoor world in this game?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

I assume it's been posted before, but drat this is pretty cool

e: also I'm no gun nerd, but aren't the guns in the skeleton squad all from different wars? Like WW1 bolt action, WW2 semi automatic, up to Mikkelsens rifle which looks pretty modern

ee: also wait, what? https://kojimaproductions-store.com/products/death-stranding-damage-sensor-tape-pp-tape

tuo fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Oct 12, 2019

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
The first Mads trailer showed those skeleton guys in WW2 army uniforms and M1 Garands I think.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The PP tape is real.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
PP Tape just means Polypropylene Tape, the abbreviation is used other places online. I guess it's used ingame around cargo to ensure that stuff hasn't gotten into your luggage?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Now that release is nearing Im getting cold feet about paying $200 for a plastic baby but it's also still sold out so I can't bring myself to not buy it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Oh hey Wal Mart has one in stock. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Death-St...Ukn2s4wlyQYK1o0 Probably your last chance if anyone wanted to order it but missed out.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."

tuo posted:

e: also I'm no gun nerd, but aren't the guns in the skeleton squad all from different wars? Like WW1 bolt action, WW2 semi automatic, up to Mikkelsens rifle which looks pretty modern

No, they're all the same type of gun, can't quite tell what kind it is though.

the_enduser
May 1, 2006

They say the user lives outside the net.

Yeah, its sold out now.

I'm just going to wait for the PS4 Pro console version. I believe it comes with the Deluxe version of the game too.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hideo and co. deserve it, give them the loot. And legit I hope this game is a big hit, and his new studio gets to flourish for a long time.

Good ol' 60 bucks will do for me. If that cargo case was a solid piece of luggage, that might be tempting. Got that Blade Runner blu-ray set, so I have at least one novelty sci-fi mini suitcase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

tuo posted:

The gun Mads is using might be an ARAK-21, according to IMFDB, and the WW2 soldiers are most likely using M14's, which is also odd, seeing as it's more from the Korean War and the Vietnam War.