Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

A big flaming stink posted:

https://twitter.com/RossHunneds/status/1181464485028077568

not sure "urging cynicism at the US's motives in exploiting HK protests" qualifies as sucking cock :thunk:

https://twitter.com/RossHunneds/status/1181585005216194560

Jesus christ what is he smoking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

ok looking at his retweets yeah its pretty loving yikes.

i mean he has a point that us criticism of the prc is never ever done in good faith and will likely not lead to actual beneficial outcomes for workers but they can be not as bad as the us and still loving sucks.

Whew, good to know the prc isn’t as bad as the us

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Rinkles posted:

Whew, good to know the prc isn’t as bad as the us

i mean, it isn't?? and that more just says the insane degree to which the us inflicts suffering on the world at large.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

i mean, it isn't?? and that more just says the insane degree to which the us inflicts suffering on the world at large.

:laffo:

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

they've announced the next book

check out this cover

E:

quote:

Even Rat, the gateless girl few can see, may not be everything she seems . . .

who is this and do they have a card

Elyv fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 9, 2019

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

I don’t think continuing this argument would make for a particularly fruitful debate, especially in this forum. Sorry for engaging, but as someone from a country wrecked by soviet occupation the tankie/tankie adjacent talking points can be infuriating.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Can we not

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

lol

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

C-Euro posted:

Can we not

I really should have said nothing, but I live in Hong Kong and reading that dumbfuck's retweets made my blood boil.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Oceanbound posted:

I really should have said nothing, but I live in Hong Kong and reading that dumbfuck's retweets made my blood boil.

It was a general callout, not at you specifically. Sorry about your hosed up domestic situation, it seems like there's a lot of that going around these days.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

regardless of our home nations or ideology, we can all agree there was no more senseless and destructive conflict than the brother's war and that neither side was in the right

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Random House had a booth at NYCC, and I saw this walking around the showfloor. Made me do a double take, especially seeing Weisman's name on the cover. loving lol.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Owlbear Camus posted:

regardless of our home nations or ideology, we can all agree there was no more senseless and destructive conflict than the brother's war and that neither side was in the right

There were great artificers on both sides, both sides

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Owlbear Camus posted:

Typical revisionism from the pro-Urza shills :rolleyes: History is written by the victors after all.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
me: authoritarianism is bad

you, windmilling your arms as you slide to a stop, catching your breath: yes, but have you considered that, unfettered capitalism also bad

edit to make this Magic relevant: this means that Orzhov, situated as it is at the intersection of capitalism and authoritarianism, is the worst guild. Thank you for coming to my ted talk

FrozenPhoenix71
Jan 9, 2019

Elyv posted:

E:

A new character from the first WAR novel who is quirky and and knows everything about being a planeswalker and who Planeswalkers are despite not being one, but also she's invisible, but not really it's just really hard to see her, and she's not sure what Guild she's gonna join, and oh dear God it's really bad writing, she's a walking poorly written plot device, make it stop.

No she does not have a card.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

JerryLee posted:

edit to make this Magic relevant: this means that Orzhov, situated as it is at the intersection of capitalism and authoritarianism, is the worst guild. Thank you for coming to my ted talk

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Sounds like the United States has once again counted her chickens before the roost resolved

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

If you think about it, there's no government in the world more oppressive than Field of the Dead.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Elyv posted:

yes, but few can see it

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Elyv posted:

they've announced the next book

check out this cover

E:

I dunno who Greg Weisman is, is he any good? I picked up the Eldraine novel because it was only $4 and was pretty well-reviewed and I'm generally surprised that I'm liking it. It reads pretty simplistically but it's solid. Makes me like Rowan a lot more.

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

axeil posted:

I dunno who Greg Weisman is, is he any good? I picked up the Eldraine novel because it was only $4 and was pretty well-reviewed and I'm generally surprised that I'm liking it. It reads pretty simplistically but it's solid. Makes me like Rowan a lot more.

He wrote the War of the Spark novel and everyone agrees that novel was trash.

Edit: Greg pls don't kill Kaya

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

oh my god.

But the economy tweet is probably better for Orzhov

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Framboise posted:

I'm not actually surprised. My guess is a lot of enfranchised players don't actually make WotC a lot of money since we are probably more secondary market shoppers than primary ones (buying singles, etc).

e;fb

they still profit from the secondary market as long as it's an in-print product

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

They should get the Jack Reacher guy to do the next set of Magic Novels and have them be about Jace compromising Phyrexians to a permanent end.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

We've had Ross on The Dive Down twice, and his magic brain is second to none IMO. But his Twitter is definitely a beware zone.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

When can we expect an official statement from TDD regarding PRC Extraterritoriality and the HK protests? Or an episode on Amulet Titan?

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

https://twitter.com/MagicEsports/status/1182022924863246336

excited for an Actual Banning in 2 weeks

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

RIP Fields

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

They’d only do that if they were gonna ban something, right?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

fadam posted:

They’d only do that if they were gonna ban something, right?

Yes. Zero chance that its a "no changes" when they reschedule the loving thing.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Sickening posted:

Yes. Zero chance that its a "no changes" when they reschedule the loving thing.

[Field decks get hated into the dumpster at the PT, which is dominated by mono-white somehow]

"Ah, uh. Hmm."

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

it’s field lol

it has better also be astrolabe in pauper, but who knows. I wouldn’t necessarily bet against urza either— I don’t think it’s necessarily a needed ban, but after they got burned on hogaak they’re not gonna gently caress around banning something else.

neaden
Nov 4, 2012

A changer of ways
This seems so stupid, it's been two days and they've changed their minds?

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Probably just unrestricting a single card in vintage.

But seriously craft those fields now and get them free wildcards.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Elyv posted:

excited for an Actual Banning in 2 weeks

So we need itshappening.gif, but with Urza instead of Ron Paul.

I guess I should also enjoy the Golos fields deck on MTGA for as long as I can, because something it it is getting trashed at a minimum.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

neaden posted:

Deck lists for the MC were due today so I guess we can infer from the announcement how those look.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

little munchkin posted:

they still profit from the secondary market as long as it's an in-print product

If it's in-print, sure. The overinflated prices of cards for modern/legacy/EDH that aren't in print, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

neaden posted:

reminder that when Felidar Guardian got banned in Standard they announced on that Monday "No Changes" and then on Friday they banned it, because once people knew their deck wasn't getting banned the number of results with it on modo shot way up