Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Microsoft is gonna drop the Xbox One X Two and it's gonna have no disk drive but it'll have a crank on the side that will make your games look and run better while you crank it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Jolo posted:

Microsoft is gonna drop the Xbox One X Two and it's gonna have no disk drive but it'll have a crank on the side that will make your games look and run better while you crank it.

Gamers crank it all the time so this is perfect

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Giving all new meaning to an all night crank session

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

hatty posted:

I'm wary of the PS5 launch since the PS4 didn't have anything worth buying it for until Bloodborne a year and a half after launch. Bloodborne 2 as a launch game would almost force me to buy one for sure

It's what forced me into eventually buying a PS4 after the price dropped a bit and they would probably get me again with the HP Lovecraft Dark Souls W/Guns

they just have to have something exclusive worth playing and I'll likely fork over the 250 bux or whatever whenever it gets that low

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

hatty posted:

I'm wary of the PS5 launch since the PS4 didn't have anything worth buying it for until Bloodborne a year and a half after launch. Bloodborne 2 as a launch game would almost force me to buy one for sure

a bloodborne 2 would be awful

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Jolo posted:

EightFlyingCars posted:

Gamers crank it all the time so this is perfect

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

From should never make bloodborne 2 because they should never make an exclusive game ever again

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

my son is also named bloodbornt

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
yeah PS2 emulation so far seems really spotty.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A new Gran Turismo is all it would take for me.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Cowcaster posted:

my son is also named bloodbornt

Son I named you after the two bravest men I know, Captain Toad Psyduck

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

OhFunny posted:

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2019-10-09/gamers-call-for-boycott-of-blizzard-after-hong-kong-protest-ban

I don't think I've ever seen a company burn so much good will so fast as Blizzard has over the last year.

Btw COD Mobile is pending approval for release in China.

I don't know if there's any ambiguity in translation here -- the NBA message for China had some weasel words that sounded more conciliatory, but Blizzard's statement is just abject groveling

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Andrast posted:

From should never make bloodborne 2 because they should never make an exclusive game ever again

It kinda makes sense for From. Lets them learn the ropes of next gen development with the technical support and funding of a platform holder.

Maybe they’re so much bigger now that they don’t need it.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Rinkles posted:

It kinda makes sense for From. Lets them learn the ropes of next gen development with the technical support and funding of a platform holder.

Maybe they’re so much bigger now that they don’t need it.

I don't care if it makes sense for them, I hate it

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

from just announced bloodborne 2 but also they're porting bloodborne 1 to pc actually, it's all right here http://www.fakelinkgoeshere.com

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
There is never been a time where a BB pc port has been more likely, what with some previously Sony exclusive games coming to EGS

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i hadn't heard of this, what's coming to egs?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
After DS3/Sekiro I'm not sure From would do a great job with BB2.

I've been kinda jonesing to play through Bloodborne again and I wish it would come to PC so I don't have to turn on my PS4.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

If you're talking about Quantic Dream / thatgamecompany stuff, those games didn't really have direct involvement from Sony the way that Bloodborne had SCEJ development infrastructure

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

i hadn't heard of this, what's coming to egs?

All the PlayStation David Cage games came out a while ago. Same for Flower and Journey.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh, diarrhea

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Relax Or DIE posted:

After DS3/Sekiro I'm not sure From would do a great job with BB2.

I've been kinda jonesing to play through Bloodborne again and I wish it would come to PC so I don't have to turn on my PS4.

Sekiro is amazing

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Cowcaster posted:

from just announced bloodborne 2 but also they're porting bloodborne 1 to pc actually, it's all right here http://www.fakelinkgoeshere.com

If you have high enough insight you can see what that link really is

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Cowcaster posted:

oh, diarrhea

you don't HAVE to post when on the toilet but I applaud your resolve in this trying time

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if i remember my thread arcs correctly relax or die's in the camp that 1) sekiro is a souls game and 2) sekiro isn't enough like a souls game to be good, so something to take into account when discussing it with him

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you're talking about Quantic Dream / thatgamecompany stuff, those games didn't really have direct involvement from Sony the way that Bloodborne had SCEJ development infrastructure

Yeah, Quantic Dream just went independent from Sony and thatgamecompany always was, I don’t think it’s comparable. Bloodborne is gonna be stuck on PlayStation for the rest of time.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I have detroit on PS+ but it's like 90GB so I will never download it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Pretty sure Sony Santa Monica was heavily involved in the tgc games.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Also aside from the DLC being a little overpriced for what you paid for at launch, Dark Souls III was fantastic.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Pirate Jet posted:

Yeah, Quantic Dream just went independent from Sony and thatgamecompany always was, I don’t think it’s comparable. Bloodborne is gonna be stuck on PlayStation for the rest of time.

Please let me have this

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

I have detroit on PS+ but it's like 90GB so I will never download it

You don’t need file size as an excuse to never download a David Cage game.

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Cowcaster posted:

if i remember my thread arcs correctly relax or die's in the camp that 1) sekiro is a souls game and 2) sekiro isn't enough like a souls game to be good, so something to take into account when discussing it with him

whoa i have an arc???

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

speaking of which demon's souls apparently just turned 10 a couple days ago, happy birthday demon's souls

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
umbasa

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Touch the demon inside of... you

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Relax Or DIE posted:

whoa i have an arc???

it's more like,

1) final fantasy ranking arc
2) souls game ranking arc
3) games as service ranking arc
4) artist involved on current run of the thread dies/retires
5) reboot of final fantasy ranking arc
6) reboot of souls game ranking arc
7) oh poo poo the world is absolutely hosed christ everything is collapsing we're all going to be dead within a decade
8) hey remember this old game from the 90's
9) final fantasy ranking arc, but now it includes other jrpgs

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

The PS5 being backwards compatible anyway, makes it the most attractive new console for me. I have a friend that keeps swearing that the Xbox is going to completely turn around and leave Sony behind, but idk, the Sony console will have things on it I can't just buy on my PC anyway.

I've had an Xbone for a year now, and I never turn it on compared to how much I use my PS4, Switch, and PC.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Sony just laid off a bunch of people in their European division. RIP Wipeout

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I honestly don't think there's anything exclusive to Xbone that I really want to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

oh gotcha

To be serious for second: My actual issue with Sekiro is that I didn't find the ways in which it used/appeared to prize difficulty to be fun and several decisions they made in design seem to make the game less fun in the interest of making it harder. By the time I finished it I was just glad it was over, not like I overcame an interesting challenge. Even if you don't think it should be compared to Souls games, I had less fun with it than other action games like DMC5 or Monster Hunter. If I'm not trying to cause arguments, then for me Sekiro is like a 7-8 out of 10 game. I liked a lot of the story, it looked fantastic, and there were a good amount of really fun areas and boss fights. My actual frustration is that what From seems to want to do, going off later-game and DLC DS3 and Sekiro is not what I liked about their games. Which is fine obviously, they can make whatever they want and I'll just replay DS2 over and over like a dork.