Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Twee or Jank?
This poll is closed.
Twee 9 4.81%
Jank 26 13.90%
Goose 71 37.97%
Bowsette 81 43.32%
Total: 187 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Monkey Fracas posted:

I honestly don't think there's anything exclusive to Xbone that I really want to play

Honestly, I haven't even played a game on my Xbone made specifically for it. Most of it was just Master Chief Collection and Rare Replay, which in all fairness are pretty great collections. All the games I ended up buying for it were stuff that were backwards compatible OG Xbox and 360 games like Lost Odyssey and Prey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Exclusivity is always bad, be it in clubs, relationships, or video games.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what about a draft excluder

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Do any of y'all call them "'sclusies"

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
I totes def do

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I only buy sclusies with easy cheevos

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

stealing this

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

scusi my ‘sclusies

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
port your sclusies into my eppy store

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Should I get Indivisible if "it's like Valkyrie Profile!" is a negative for me rather than a positive?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

probably not?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I only emulate ninty sclusies on my lappy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Regy Rusty posted:

Should I get Indivisible if "it's like Valkyrie Profile!" is a negative for me rather than a positive?

I can't imagine why you'd want to

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

I can't imagine why you'd want to

Yeah I was just wondering if it was really super amazing and I should try it anyway

I'm bored till Outer Wilds next week

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

Yeah I was just wondering if it was really super amazing and I should try it anyway

I'm bored till Outer Wilds next week

Play your backlog

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Like many things, inktober has gotten me to draw some dogs as of late.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1182020747600039937

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

bizarrely my brother who hates jrpgs just as much as i do expressed an interest in picking it up, i assume because he likes skullgirls and had no idea what indivisible is until it showed up on steam today

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Holy poo poo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_XJxqnxzaY

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

an actual dog posted:

Play your backlog

My backlog consists mainly of PC games that my current computer can't run.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

lol

how long before blizzard pulls it?

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Yardbomb posted:

That image has always been stupid and dishonest, un-disillusion yourself.

[Quote Starts]

This is a picture that you probably saw at least once whenever there was discussion about boycotting some game for whatever reason. And the reason for that is probably pretty obvious if you take a look at the picture and read several words on it. As you can see the title of this Steam group contains "boycott Modern Warfare 2". However, from 36 accounts there are a total of 19 people playing Modern Warfare 2 even though they are in a group that calls to boycotting said game. So this is more than 50% of the people breaking that boycott. Oh snap! Playing hot new game > principles, q.e.d! Gotcha!

But wait. What if we take a closer look at the picture? Might there be more to this picture than the obvious?

Let's take a look at this part of the picture:

As you can see, the entire group is bigger than the 36 people shown in the picture. We might not even see the full first site of group members. And there are 16 more pages to go through. And what you might need to know that when checking Steam groups the people in-game are prioritized so the people not playing any game or are offline are on other pages (Though you can see on this picture that it doesn't always work totally properly)

Does that mean that only these 19 people of 833 were playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 at the time? Probably not. There are undoubtedly more people that played it despite being in the group. It could very well be possible that people in the group not in this picture all played Modern Warfare 2 at the time. However, this picture doesn't show it.

The reason I made this is because I see this picture posted on twitter and in threads to prove a point that boycotts proclaimed by people in gaming communities are null and void, when in fact this picture proves nothing. It shows a tiny part of a bigger picture and only the part it wants you to see. And it is still kind of baffling to me that people fall for this almost 10 years later.

So please, don't use this picture anymore to prove anything regarding boycotts in the gaming industry.
[End Quote]

Thank you, this is genuinely good to know

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

my buddy Superfly posted:

Like many things, inktober has gotten me to draw some dogs as of late.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1182020747600039937
wanna pet that slimedog

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Ugh, everybody dogpiling some indie developers because their game looks like cuphead really grinds my gears.

Most of these people probably don't even like cuphead but they're still gonna poo poo on these indie devs.

You have any idea how much effort animation like that takes??

I loathe the belief so many have that the "idea" means you deserve millions of dollars. Its so toxic. Ideas are cheap. Everybody has ideas. Implementation is everything!

All fps games used to be called doom clones.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC is 150GB :eyepop:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newsw...ontent=newswire

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Inktober should be the month where you're only allowed to draw Splatoon

e: and it should be every month

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Zaphod42 posted:

Ugh, everybody dogpiling some indie developers because their game looks like cuphead really grinds my gears.

Most of these people probably don't even like cuphead but they're still gonna poo poo on these indie devs.

I loathe the belief so many have that the "idea" means you deserve millions of dollars. Its so toxic. Ideas are cheap. Everybody has ideas. Implementation is everything!

I think it's more that both the aesthetic and gameplay are basically identical. Either one or the other wouldn't have raised any eyebrows.

It clearly took a lot of effort and talent to make but it's just a bizarre thing to do.

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

singateco posted:

gently caress ray tracing, the future is Negative Latency !!!

https://www.pcgamesn.com/stadia/negative-latency-prediction

This is literally how King Crimson works

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

when will this poor indie game be judged not by the content of its creatively bankrupt art style, which looks like “shittier cuphead”, but by the merits of its gameplay alone, which looks like “shittier cuphead”

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
so in the complete history of video games what enemy do y'all think has killed the most players

i think hammer bros are up there

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Relax Or DIE posted:

so in the complete history of video games what enemy do y'all think has killed the most players

Medusa heads.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

I'm sure the 1-1 goomba has killed more players than all hammer bros put together

I dunno whether to go for the oldest games (meaning something like pac-man ghosts would win) or the biggest games (so a minecraft enemy or something)

Thoom
Jan 12, 2004

LUIGI SMASH!
Does "hole in the ground that you can fall into" count?

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Zaphod42 posted:

The idea is fine but the animations are very much 1 to 1 on cuphead. Specifically the two playable characters.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Relax Or DIE posted:

the forward march of time

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Relax Or DIE posted:

man

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm sure the 1-1 goomba has killed more players than all hammer bros put together

I dunno whether to go for the oldest games (meaning something like pac-man ghosts would win) or the biggest games (so a minecraft enemy or something)

mario maker letting you see where people die on your levels definitely supports this theory

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
The yeti from skifree

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Yeah, there's nothing wrong with more run and guns channeling Cuphead but that game is utterly shameless.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

cheetah7071 posted:

Pac-Man combines volume with speed, it's the clear winner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Steve2911 posted:

I think it's more that both the aesthetic and gameplay are basically identical. Either one or the other wouldn't have raised any eyebrows.

It clearly took a lot of effort and talent to make but it's just a bizarre thing to do.

Its really not that uncommon in games at all.

Mario, sonic. Doom, duke nukem. Gradius, R-Type, Silvergun, etc. etc.

Seriously