Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

I reread the line of sight rules and E6 has line of sight to Ash. This means the elite demon will move to E6 and attack both Ash and me, then the normal demon will move to E7 and attack Ash.

This means that Ash will focus the elite and move to F7 on his own, no manipulation required.
I think it's technically Elite to E6 because he wants to move as little as possible, then Normal moves to E7, but either way Ash is taking two attacks and you're only taking the 1 Elite attack. Ash is fine; he can still choose F7 as his destination.

But yeah, if I get barely :rimshot: above-average draws, Ash kills both of them this turn - especially if you've softened them up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

its fine, everything is fine. I am going to be going as slow as a rat can go next turn in all likelihood.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Mountain Pass, Round 7B

Pending actions from last Round posted:

- Master Splinter has lost Feedback Loop during her Long Rest.

5. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (AtomikKrab) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Cranium Overload (bot)! Moves4 to C7.
- Master Splinter uses The Mind's Weakness (top)! Augment - Persistent Bonus: On your melee attacks add +2ATK (discard when another augment is played). Attacks Inox Guard 1 for 3 (1base, +0mod +2bonus) damage! Gains 1XP.
Inox Guard 1 is at 6 HP.
Master Splinter activates Cloak of Invisibility! Gains INVISIBLE.

29. Wind Demons posted:

- Wind Demon 6(E) focuses Ash! Flies4 to F7. Attacks Ash for 3 (2base, +1mod) damage. Attacks Rocky for 0 (2base, NULLmod) damage.
Ash is at 11 HP.
- Wind Demon 5 focuses Ash! Flies4 to E7. Attacks Ash for 1 (1base, +0mod) damage.
Ash is at 10 HP.

Not that it matters too much given the NULL mod, but afaik, the ranged monster attack rules previously discussed ITT are not correct. Wind Demon 6(E) will Focus Ash and determine its initial movement to attack Ash by moving the least amount of hexes; it only needs to move to E6 to attack the bear, but it still has more movement available and a Target 2 attack; by moving 1 extra hex, it'll be able to maximize its attacks, so it'll do that.

Q: After determining focus, how exactly does a monster chose its destination hex and how does it maximize its attack on its focus and any additional targets?
It will determine its final destination hex (the hex where it can attack it's focus) by using the prioritization rules below at the beginning of its turn. The evaluation is first done using the monster's current movement range. If the monster can't reach a hex from which to attack using the movement it has this turn, the rules are re-evaluated assuming infinite movement. Also, the monster uses its current attack when determining its attack/movement options, even if it may have a different (or no) attack when it eventually reaches its destination hex. If there are multiple hexes that meet the criteria, players decide ties.

1st - Attack its primary focus, losing/avoiding disadvantage if possible
2nd - Attack as many extra targets as possible
3rd - If there are still multiple attack locations with an equal number of different extra targets, use the focus rules (least amount of movement points*, then proximity, then initiative) from its starting position to determine which secondary target (in addition to the previous target(s)) should be included in the attack (repeating for a tertiary target, etc.) and select the attack location which includes these targets.
4th - Lose disadvantage on the extra targets (all equal priority, players decide ties)
5th - Use the least amount of movement points*
*Around walls, obstacles and hazards (if possible) using the normal, jumping and flying movement rules

See also https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/234575/item/5887989#item5887989 for an example.

50. Inox Guards posted:

- Inox Guard 1 focuses Ash! Moves2 to D7.
- Inox Guard 4 focuses Ash! Moves2 to E6.
- Inox Guard 5 focuses Ash! Moves1 to D6.

81. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Omobono) posted:

- Rocky uses Explosive Punch (bot)! Moves2 to door hex.
- Rocky uses Rock Slide (top)! Gains 1XP. Generates Obstacles in hexes E8, D8 and C6! Master Splinter, Wind Demon 5, Inox Guard 1 and Inox Guard 5 suffer 2 splash damage!
Master Splinter is at 7 HP and is INVISIBLE.
Wind Demon 5 is at 2 HP.
Inox Guard 1 is at 4 HP.
Inox Guard 5 is at 7 HP.
EARTH is now strong.

86. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (dwarf74) posted:

Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant discards Howling Bolts! Concentrated Rage effect: Ash gains +3ATK until the end of the Round.
- Ash the Bear focuses Wind Demon 6(E)! Moves2 to F8. Attacks Wind Demon 6(E) for 4 (2base, +1mod +3bonus, SHIELD2) damage!
Wind Demon 6(E) is at 3 HP.
- Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant uses Vicious Ally (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Wind Demon 6(E) for 4 (2base, +1mod +3bonus, SHIELD2) damage! COMMANDS Ash to Attack Wind Demon 5 for 5 (2base, +2mod +3bonus, SHIELD2) damage! Gains 1XP.
Wind Demon 6(E) is killed!
Wind Demon 5 is killed!

:dogbutton:

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- The Monsters deck is shuffled!
- EARTH is now waning.

EDIT: fixed postions for the monsters and Rocky since the Elite Wind Demon had Range4! Inox Guard 4 has suffered 2 damage from Rock Slide as well.

Active players please discuss your options itt and provide your STEP A Orders via PM/email with this format:
- Initiative: xx
- Card 1: name
- Card 2: name
You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:
(As always, please let me know if you need an extension!)

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Oct 10, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

The elite has had range 4 though? It could have attacked me from E6.

Not that it really matters :byobear:

E: anyways I'm outspeeding anything dangerous the guards can do and hopefully pushing 5 into a trap. I'll facetank for Ash if need be, I'm still at full HP.
E2: actually with my push 2 it matters if guards 5 and 4 are one hex backwards.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Oct 10, 2019

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Omobono posted:

The elite has had range 4 though? It could have attacked me from E6.

I'm really good at counting hexes, apparently :doh:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Fixed the positions, everything else should be about the same except that Inox Guard 4 has suffered 2 damage as well:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Confirming, I'm taking care of pushing 4 and 5 into traps with this positioning.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I will be going quite slow for a ratthief, mindscrewing a guard into sharpness if the guard is still alive, otherwise if I can't do that i'm stealing stuff.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
It sounds like you guys have this room kinda down! The two of you can take point. I will go kinda medium-fast, aiming to go after Rocky, so Ash can do some clean-up (if it's even needed).

This is going ... really well. Ash did a ... uh ... lot of damage.

My deck is getting awfully heavy with bad modifiers, FWIW, so I have some bad attacks in my near future.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Wind demons are apparently delicious

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Some Numbers posted:

Wind demons are apparently delicious
Crisp, cool, and refreshing!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

How much damage do those trap deal by the way?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Omobono posted:

At Scenario Lvl2, Traps do 4 damage each. You can check Scenario related info at the bottom of the stats screenshot:

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

For scenario level 2 it should be 4. A double crater should do the trick unless the guards go super fast.

Ash doesn't have a huge attack this time but can also do trap pushing and at least do one big bite.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

With some neutral modifiers we might be able to clean the room in two turns.
Then again, :gloomhaven: can always happen.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Heads-up: as per my previous note, I won't have access to the laptop I've been using to run updates while I wait for my PC to be fixed, so we'll have to skip the update today.

EDIT: in the meantime, if you need your GH fix, Isaac was guest as SHUX talking about the new standalone/expansion boxed content for the game (all the new classes are spoiler free, since they are the equivalent of the "basic" ones for the original game):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4iu8O8ELazA

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Oct 11, 2019

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

With some neutral modifiers we might be able to clean the room in two turns.
Then again, :gloomhaven: can always happen.
You think? It seems like 1 turn to me. I can revise my orders and make Ash faster or more aggressive if you're concerned. I am going a bit on the later side to allow you to Push them into traps first.

The two healthy Inox will take enough damage from traps and your attacks to drop them to zero. Splinter will get the last one. Ash is on clean-up this time; anything that's still alive can eat a big attack, and if everything works out, another Push into another trap.

I don't think it will take that long. :)

Of course, the Inox get some say in it, I suppose.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Two turns total. The one when we breached, and the current one.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

Two turns total. The one when we breached, and the current one.
HAH. Yeah. And that's without blowing loss cards, too. We're making extremely short work of this dungeon. I think now that Tyrant is in the party, the next group should probably be playing at Difficulty +1 at a minimum. The bear just deals out lots of pain.

I plan to stamina pot back Howling Bolts so I can push Ash towards the door next round, but I feel no need for a rest of any kind, yet.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Mountain Pass, Round 8A

- None!

ROUND REVEAL posted:

"PLAYER'S OVERVIEW
All the decks the players have chosen are available as a (mobile friendly) spreadsheet in separate tabs. The cards that have been selected for the current round are marked in yellow. Discarded cards will be marked in light red, while lost cards will be marked in deep red. Cards in the active slot will be marked in green. Available items are also shown there."

Rocky (Hand7, Discarded2, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 29 with Rumbling Advance and Crater.

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Omobono) posted:

code:
"RUMBLING ADVANCE (29) [Lvl1]
TOP: HEAL4, Range2 - Generate EARTH
BOT: MOVE2 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - Generate EARTH"

"CRATER (61) [Lvl1]
TOP: ATK3, Range3 - Consume EARTH: PUSH2, XP1
BOT: All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage - MOVE4, Jump - XP1 - All adjacent allies and enemies suffer 1 damage, Consume EARTH: suffer 2 damage instead, XP1 - LOSS"
Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (Hand6, Discarded2, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 35 with Forceful Swipe and Disorientating Roar.

35. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (dwarf74) posted:

code:
"FORCEFUL SWIPE (35) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - ATK2, Template - XP1
BOT: COMMAND - MOVE3 - PUSH2, Target one adjacent enemy - XP1"

"DISORIENTATING ROAR (17) [Lvl1]
TOP: COMMAND - MUDDLE and IMMOBILIZE - Target all enemies within Range2. - XP1
BOT: Swap the position of any two figures - LOSS"
Master Splinter (Hand7, Discarded1, Active1, Lost1) is acting at initiative 71 with Parasitic Influence and Scurry.

71. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (AtomikKrab) posted:

code:
"PARASITIC INFLUENCE (71) [Lvl1]
TOP: Augment - Persistent Bonus On your melee attacks HEAL2 self - ATK1 - XP1 (discard when another augment is played)
BOT: Force one enemy withing Range4 to perform MOVE1 with you controlling the action."

"SCURRY (20) [Lvl1]
TOP: MOVE(4) - ATK1
BOT: LOOT2 - XP1 - LOSS"
During this phase, players are free to discuss everything itt, including in depth round breakdown, tactics, and so on; you can use specific card names and numerical values since everything has been revealed already. Everyone itt is also encouraged to take part in the discussion (although the last word is, ofc, reserved for the active players. Be nice! :) Active players, please discuss your ideas itt and provide your final orders via PM/Email!

DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS: TONIGHT, 3AM EST
:getin:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Orders in, I'm hopefully murdering 4 and 5 with googles and traps.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Odds are good Ash will murder the other one. After that I'll move him away - unless something goes wrong of course!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

Orders in, I'm hopefully murdering 4 and 5 with googles and traps.

If you don't do at least 3 damage to one of them with Crater, push it into the trap at B6 and leave the trap at B5 unsprung. That way if Ash successfully murders Guard 1, I can swing him around behind splinter with to B7 and push him into the trap at B6.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I am gonna loot the chest guys. Sorry but imma rat thief!

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

AtomikKrab posted:

I am gonna loot the chest guys. Sorry but imma rat thief!
I think we got the bad guys covered, and Ash ain't looting no chest.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Mountain Pass, Round 8B

- None!

29. Rocky the Savvas Cragheart (Omobono) posted:

- Rocky uses Rumbling Advance (bot)! Moves1 to E7. Ash and Inox Guard 1 suffer 1 splash damage!
Ash is at 10 HP.
Inox Guard 1 is at 3 HP
- Rocky uses Crater (top)! Consumes EARTH! Gains 1XP. Activates Eagle-eye Goggles! Attacks Inox Guard 4 with ADVANTAGE for 4 (3base, +1/+0mod) damage! PUSH2 to B5 through C5! Trap in hex C5 activated, Inox Guard 4 suffers 4 trap damage! Backup Ammunition's 2nd trigger! Gains 1XP. Attacks Inox Guard 5 with ADVANTAGE for 4 (3base, +1/+1mod) damage! PUSH2 to C3 through C4! Trap in hex C4 activated, Inox Guard 5 suffers 4 trap damage!
Inox Guard 4 is killed!
Inox Guard 5 is killed!
EARTH is now strong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ntPN3v0dTI

35. Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant (dwarf74) posted:

Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant discards Disorientating Roar! Concentrated Rage effect: Ash gains +3ATK until the end of the Round.
- Ash the Bear focuses Inox Guard 1! Moves1 to E6. Attacks Inox Guard 1 for 6 (2base, +1mod +3bonus) damage!
- Pikachu the Vermling Beast Tyrant uses Forceful Swipe (bot)! COMMANDS Ash to Move3 to C4.
Inox Guard 1 is killed!
Pikachu uses Minor Stamina Potion, recovers Howling Bolts and Vicious Ally!

Well that's a lot of dead Inox Guards in one Round.

71. Master Splinter the Vermling Mindthief (AtomikKrab) posted:

- Master Splinter uses Parasitic Influence (bot as a basic MOVE2)! Moves2 to D6.
- Master Splinter uses Scurry (top)! Moves4 to A3.
Master Splinter executes end of turn looting! Loots Treasure Chest 01!

A Random Item Design! Whenever a “Random Item Design” is listed as the reward when looting a treasure tile, the looting player should draw a card from the random item design deck. These cards look very similar to normal item cards, but have a blue back, shown at the right. When a card is drawn, the player should find the one additional copy of the drawn item with the same reference number in the deck of unavailable items and add both cards to the city’s available supply of items. So there are now 2 copies of Minor Cure Potion in the Market Pool!

END OF ROUND ACTIONS posted:

- EARTH is now waning.

Active players please discuss your options itt, decide how many Rounds you're going to take before opening the next door and send me enough Rounds worth of orders to get there :)

You can consult the (mobile friendly) spreadsheet to see which cards are available and decide your next moves.
DEADLINE FOR EVERYTHING IS 3AM EST:getin:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

I've got two turns before a long rest.
I can use boots to move to E3 and then a turn later heal up Ash. I'll scrounge some XP here and there if possible, but nothing serious.

Who's breaching the last room? I'm still full HP (and two chainmail charges) so I can facetank a round, no problems.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I'm going to move Ash into position. I can go late but without my direction, Ash won't move this turn. He'll hang by the door.

I am doing fine. I am in no need of a rest and don't mind short resting after going in at this point.

I think we've wrecked this dungeon.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

If ya'll can move up i'll do some moving if also you can get the bear to move his butt off that coin there will be looting, then spend next turn getting in door range before another long rest. I can't really go slow so can you move the bear fast?

I can refresh my cloak? with the charm I think and be invisible for the door breach.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 13:39 on Oct 13, 2019

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Wow 2 models is awesome.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

AtomikKrab posted:

If ya'll can move up i'll do some moving if also you can get the bear to move his butt off that coin there will be looting, then spend next turn getting in door range before another long rest. I can't really go slow so can you move the bear fast?

I can refresh my cloak? with the charm I think and be invisible for the door breach.

If you use a Loot card, you can loot the coin from under the bear, I think.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

AtomikKrab posted:

I'm going fast-ish. Not rat fast, but pretty fast.

I'm assuming nobody is breaching this round, right?

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Some Numbers posted:

If you use a Loot card, you can loot the coin from under the bear, I think.

Only a Command card will execute from the bear's location.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

So, two rounds to reposition, long rest, then Master Splinter goes in?

In this case, I'm going to go slow on the breach turn and chuck rocks at whatever is inside. It's the last room, so loss cards are going to be thrown like candies.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

Narsham posted:

If a player uses a Loot 1 action while standing next to the bear, they will pick up the coin from underneath it.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

So, two rounds to reposition, long rest, then Master Splinter goes in?

In this case, I'm going to go slow on the breach turn and chuck rocks at whatever is inside. It's the last room, so loss cards are going to be thrown like candies.
Do you need two rounds to reposition? If so I'm good looting and all that. We wrecked this place, and can take our time.

I am also totally okay breaching the next room without a rest. I got plenty of good stuff left.

Just let me know how many turns to send in.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Oct 13, 2019

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

:shrug: we can do only one round, the only thing I'd need a second turn to is to heal Ash a bit (it's on a bottom, you see).
I kinda need to rest though, my good stuff is gone and I need the googles back.

E: we're not going to exhaust by running out of cards, so one extra turn to loot/move/heal/whatever is not a bad idea.

Omobono fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Oct 13, 2019

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Narsham posted:

My post was aimed at the Mindthief, not the Beast Tyrant

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Omobono posted:

:shrug: we can do only one round, the only thing I'd need a second turn to is to heal Ash a bit (it's on a bottom, you see).
I kinda need to rest though, my good stuff is gone and I need the googles back.

E: we're not going to exhaust by running out of cards, so one extra turn to loot/move/heal/whatever is not a bad idea.
Yeah there's no need to hurry. I'll let Pikachu Loot a bit, and Ash will chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
OK I sent TIG 2 more rounds worth of repositioning jackassery, making it a total of 3, and a long rest order for the 4th round. Pikachu is going to search the couch cushions for spare change.

Edit: I see that's one more round than either of you. Oops :) I'll revise.

Splinter, how early will you breach?

SalTheBard posted:

Wow 2 models is awesome.
Yeah he's.... scary. The bear build is a serious contender for the highest consistent damage in the game. I mean I've got easily-positioned non-loss Attack 15 rounds at 3rd level.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 17:53 on Oct 13, 2019