Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Even worse than actually roughing the conditions must be the boredom. I hope they're given magazines or ipads or something out there.

The worst part is that even if they were given a nintendo switch, Untitled Goose Game wasn't yet released at the time of recording.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I sort of wonder if they will have a bigger role to play at the merge so we'll see more of that as time goes on.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

I sort of wonder if they will have a bigger role to play at the merge so we'll see more of that as time goes on.

heckling at individual immunity challenges

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm looking forward to seeing if there's any fallout from a second person in the tribe coming back from the island knowing that they were lied to

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Not gonna lie I would watch Boston Rob and Sandra do a Let's Play and also the inevitable rival Let's Play channel that Russell Hantz would create.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

JesusSinfulHands posted:

Even worse than actually roughing the conditions must be the boredom. I hope they're given magazines or ipads or something out there.
Yeah. If everyone insists they're living on that beach then I'll believe it. I can imagine Boston Rob and Sandra after all their time on Survivor don't mind roughing it.

But they gotta have portable DVD players, nintendos, and books and stuff. They have to

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
In one of the old preview vids, they were talking about being into the idea of seeing just exactly what kind of ridiculous shelter they could create with no pressure, no stress, and a full 39 days with no time constraints. I can see them treating it as a beach vacation -- it wouldn't surprise me if they were living there, but I think there's zero chance they're just living off a cup of rice a day. If I had to guess, I imagine they get full meals and have decent food brought to them on a regular basis, but are still working on their shelter and living on the beach.

Honestly, in terms of prep for All Winners, getting to kind of slowly acclimate back to beach/camp life without being tossed into it from the get go with all the accompanying paranoia is probably a huge plus for them. Some of the upcoming players haven't done this in years and they may not be prepared for how rough it is on them now that they're 10+ years older than the last time they were on the show (I'm thinking Amber, Ethan, Danni, and Yul in particular.)

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing if there's any fallout from a second person in the tribe coming back from the island knowing that they were lied to

By the miracle of fate, the only people that end up going all season long are Elizabeth and Kellee. Over and over.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Aerox posted:

prep for All Winners,

Wait, what? Are they finally doing an All Winners season??

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
What happens if the next name pulled is voted out at TC ?

The Bloop posted:

They're probably getting paid a couple mil each to be there - who gives a poo poo if they are sleeping on a mattress or not
2 million each for 3 minutes of airtime per episode? Must be because Boston Rob doesn't take the first offer.

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

jivjov posted:

google 'survivor all winners'

Shannon Gaitz on RHAP made the good point that Rob and Sandra are not really helping you. They are more producers than mentors on this season, they are trying to make the best TV. Once the initial shock of 'OMG this is Boston Rob and Sandra' wears off, the players should keep that in mind.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

jivjov posted:

Yes, season 40, is All Winners. Amber is also joining Rob for Season 40. Although I can't imagine Rob or Sandra would get that far in the season.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yes, season 40, is All Winners. Amber is also joining Rob for Season 40. Although I can't imagine Rob or Sandra would get that far in the season.

And they both know it which is why they were bribed with this payday season

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It's not huge spoilers but reminder that some people might not want cast spoilers for S40!

JesusSinfulHands
Oct 24, 2007
Sartre and Russell are my heroes

The Bloop posted:

And they both know it which is why they were bribed with this payday season

That's not 'officially' confirmed but seems likely given what we know. We may never know. Maybe in 5-10 years either Boston Rob or Sandra will blab how much they got paid for S39.

I feel like there is gonna be resentment from the other S40 winners about BR and Sandra getting preferential treatment. The conspiracy theories are gonna be running wild if either of them or Tyson or Amber get a HII.

'In mid-March, the cast for season 39 flew out to Fiji for the Island of the Idols. “Boston” Rob Mariano and Sandra Diaz-Twine also departed to take part in the season as “mentors.” It’s believed that Rob and Sandra had already committed to participate in season 40 before leaving – whether their roles in season 39 were part of the deal remains unclear.'

http://insidesurvivor.com/the-rumor-mill-whats-the-story-with-survivor-season-40-38815

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Lone Goat posted:

is this like when part of the audience thought people were actually getting murdered on Whodunit?

rip Whodunit too beautiful for this world.
*sigh* :(

It really needs a second chance... that show was so much fun.
Come back Giles!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The best part of the all winners season will be that you'd be a fool not to get rid of everyone!

edit: Never heard Indian people are traditionally conservative or hide their bodies as Karishma indicated. If anything my mind goes to dancers in bollywood movies and indian saris always seemed far less conservative than hijab and abayas. Also a comparatively sex positive religion.

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Oct 10, 2019

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

The Nouravirus continues...

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what the gently caress people ignoring the injured chick

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Ahaha, Jesus Christ...

That's some cold blooded poo poo right there.

I think she knows how she stands in the tribe pecking order... so that's a win, I guess.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
drat what the gently caress. I straight up pass out anytime I see my own blood or bones from a cut, she's being pretty chill about it I think. boo on her tribemates

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Khanstant posted:

drat what the gently caress. I straight up pass out anytime I see my own blood or bones from a cut, she's being pretty chill about it I think. boo on her tribemates

Her: I can see my bone

Me, watching at home: AHHHHHHHHH! gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress AAAHHHHHHHHH

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

The Bloop posted:

what the gently caress people ignoring the injured chick

Counterpoint: imagine how much a pain she must be if they're not helping her.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

someone doesn't have to be a pain for people to be dicks

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

As if Boston Rob doesn't have a big enough head... there's the IOI.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Lone Goat posted:

I guess but.... YIKES

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
hahaha boston rob enjoying the tears

hell yeah, Snake this is a sneaking mission....

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Oct 10, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I love this challenge but I'm not sure this dude is remotely up to the task

Edit: rain super helps him

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

Man I'm curious what the counteroffer was gonna be

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

This stealing fire task is a suicide venture.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

where the gently caress was Noura all night tending to the fire?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Did he get rules?

Take a drat shoe from somebody

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

I was hoping he was going to steal one of their bags or water canteens

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Shoulda taken their rice

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Should have left a calling card and cut a motherfucker!

Rob: Well... I guess this is a win.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I would've straight up stolen some of their food or tools. Not as part of the challenge, just for the thrill.

Oh they just skipped his return to tribe. Wonder what he told em.

Never understood how people open their eyes underwater. I've done it a few times, in like a bath rub or something, but most freshwater bodies got all that nature junk in it and the ocean is all salty and pissy. Doesn't it burn to open eyes in saltwater or am I just big baby

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Oct 10, 2019

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

^Saltwater and sand in the eyeballs is not a good mix... go for the mask if available from the onset.

Janet is not the most swiftest... of lifeguard.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oof Karishma on the block and flubbing this picture puzzle.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
That seesaw obstacle was p great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Seesaw was cool but I'm really surprised no one ate wood in the jump-off, seems like it'd be really easy to someone to get off balance and flub their jump and faceplant. Or maybe someone did, they cut away a bit on the second team.