Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009
no this is a society

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

it’s the jokah baby

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Never seen the long version of this with sound

https://i.imgur.com/5423bkS.mp4

Dudes got moves

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:lol:

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Infinitum posted:

Dudes got moves

I’m digging in my fanny pack
[20s later]
Going back for more fanny

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Infinitum posted:

Dudes got moves

What the hell is even going on with everyone's outfits. It looks like they all hit random on hipster sim character creation (not in a good way if I'm not being clear).

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

cursed

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

LifeSunDeath posted:

What the hell is even going on with everyone's outfits. It looks like they all hit random on hipster sim character creation (not in a good way if I'm not being clear).

That guy is wearing an OppoSuit and their entire business model is built on people being willing to drop a hundred bucks on a suit just so they can wear it to a party or the office and be The Wacky Guy so I'm guessing it was some sort of costume party or they were making a video or something.

Cross-posting from the Deus Ex thread:

Sleeveless posted:

The fact that the new generation of zoomer memelords are still into Deus Ex gives me hope for the future.

https://twitter.com/KinoFabino/status/1181676854505345025?s=20

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Infinitum posted:

Dudes got moves

Is that bubbles?

CleverHans
Apr 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Infinitum posted:

Dudes got moves

New Boston Dynamics project lookin' kinda douchey.

But this motherfucker is mesmerizing to watch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/DNrRueN.mp4

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

From the cursed images thread:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

I have no idea what the Blizzard/China thing is about, but disrupting US companies doing business with China is praxis as gently caress.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The tl;dr is that Blizzard did the one thing angry adolescents and manchildren from all across the US Political Spectrum can agree on-- give them a reason to say "gently caress you Dad don't tell me what I can't say."

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I have no idea what the Blizzard/China thing is about, but disrupting US companies doing business with China is praxis as gently caress.

You don’t need details, it’s just this. Always some variation of this:

Western entertainment companies make crazy concessions to keep selling their slurry to the huge rear end bougie Chinese market, this flips bits in the heads of western babyfolk and suddenly they care about injustice (as it pertains to their slurry).

Until they forget about it because the sequel to the injustice is released.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

mind the walrus posted:

The tl;dr is that Blizzard did the one thing angry adolescents and manchildren from all across the US Political Spectrum can agree on-- give them a reason to say "gently caress YOU I WON'T DO WHAT YA TELL ME"

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

mysterious frankie posted:

You don’t need details, it’s just this. Always some variation of this:

Western entertainment companies make crazy concessions to keep selling their slurry to the huge rear end bougie Chinese market, this flips bits in the heads of western babyfolk and suddenly they care about injustice (as it pertains to their slurry).

Until they forget about it because the sequel to the injustice is released.

The sequel to Injustice was released a while ago.

OR

Looking forward to NBA2: Now with more BALLS.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Don't worry I'm sure Reddit will meme Hong Kong and Taiwan into independence

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Quoting this as the meme fits very well.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:vince:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

I have no idea what the Blizzard/China thing is about

They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a lovely head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

what the gently caress?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Ok, next question.

What are video games?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sleeveless posted:

They targeted gamers.

Gamers.

We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.

We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.

We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.

Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.

Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?

These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a lovely head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.

Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

Cool.

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

:vince:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peOOTd22mi0

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

:nws: https://i.imgur.com/sE0mU4n.png

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I watch TV

Does that mean I'm a televisioner? Are televisionists my people

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zzulu posted:

I watch TV

Does that mean I'm a televisioner? Are televisionists my people

I think it makes you a televangelist

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

There’s a new injustice coming out?!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Fixed that for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Don't worry I'm sure Reddit will meme Hong Kong and Taiwan into independence

Stranger things have happened. Donald Trump was literally memed into the White House.