Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
pure psychic is such an unfortunate typing, i hope it gets a second type on evo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I love knowing all the Pokemon ahead of time so I can pick my favorite right away.

This goes doubly so for picking a starter because if the final evo is dogshit I will not pick them (I'm looking at you, Chespin)

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Macaluso posted:

I love knowing all the Pokemon ahead of time so I can pick my favorite right away.

This goes doubly so for picking a starter because if the final evo is dogshit I will not pick them (I'm looking at you, Chespin)

:hmmyes:
You. You get me.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-989888810

e: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen7uu-989884337
this one is a little sad :(

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Macaluso posted:

I agree with all of this except the terrible opinion on Chesnaught who is big and strong and my friend.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

missing toxic sends my brain to dark places

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windscale_fire

Makes you wonder what kind of crazy hosed up regional forms you'd find in Not-Ukraine.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I agree with all of this except the terrible opinion on Chesnaught who is big and strong and my friend.

His sprite looks like it's really hard for him to lift his arms and I hate it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

what are the other names

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I feel like the ideal amount of pokemon reveals is 40%, get some you wanna run with and plenty of surprises. Starters definitely need to have their final evolutions revealed, too; it's a really early choice that most of the times will be important for the whole playthrough.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

aahhh!!ddium posted:

what are the other names

Quackers, Bulk Bogan, Ramses, GATR TIME, and Kevin Durant
No theming unfortunately, just my best buds

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I think X/Y was the first Pokemon game that I actively followed release info for so that was the first game that I knew Starter evolutions for. I just picked based on which first stage I liked best and if they evolved into something bad well that's life. But that only ever happened once.

Samurott... I don't hate him, I just like Dewott more.

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

aahhh!!ddium posted:

pokémon have haki now

gently caress, now I have to do a second run of gen 8 with one piece character names.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
It's actually Nen go off One Piss fans

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
I really, really hope what happened with Sun/Moon and the demo doesn't happen again. I doubt it, because I bet Nintendo just won't do a demo version at all, or maybe just something confined to Game Stops and other physical locations. but one of the most magical things that ever happened regarding Pokemon was when someone accidentally got a copy of X early, and discovered GOOMY. :3:
people organically discovering new 'mons rather than having a hacker unceremoniously reveal them, that's what I want to see.

also I definitely want some surprise in terms of new Pokemon. I absolutely do not want them to officially announce Impidimp until after release. funny thing: I got a copy of Game Informer, and there's an Impidimp in one of the goddamned photos, poking out from behind a Sirfetch'd. THEY KNOW WHAT THEY'RE DOING. for character reasons, Impidimp should just keep showing up with no explanation in press leading up to release. love that lil' gremlin.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
It loving rules that Impidimp was all over that stream too and gamefreak STILL refuses to talk about it like its some sort of mistake. Cryptid pokemon

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's actually Nen go off One Piss fans

It's Ripple actually.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

What if a ponyta not having its tail was just an animation error in the stream?

That's my best guess, but Pokemon fans being what they are, are insisting that it's a form difference, since they've been trained to spot Pokemon that appear to be out of the ordinary.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Macaluso posted:

His sprite looks like it's really hard for him to lift his arms and I hate it

He's an armorknight! A better example would have been Sceptile or Samurott.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Countblanc posted:

i hate saying "grooky"

grooookeeeeeey
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTItRfN-LO8&t=5s

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

lol what

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Zuzie posted:

That's my best guess, but Pokemon fans being what they are, are insisting that it's a form difference, since they've been trained to spot Pokemon that appear to be out of the ordinary.

If it’s not just an error then my second best guess is gender difference.

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

https://twitter.com/tessamag/status/1182074040690728961?s=21

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
There's nothing goth about Pridenyta.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I think you'll find the single black stripe on Pridenyta's horn places them squarely within the Hot Topic Aesthetic.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Ponyta is candy goth

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Raver Girl

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

You can't see, but Galar Ponyta has a Jack Skellington tattoo on it's butt.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Pastel Goth with skullcandy headphones under all that fluff.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Cybergoth. Those rainbow manes really get the rave going.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Where’s my cyberpunk porygon-Z Evo?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Galarian Gumshoos, but looks like BoJo

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
In Pokémon Masters related news, the devs released a statement apologizing for the game being dogshit and promised to make it less dogshit, so...yay?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

In Pokémon Masters related news, the devs released a statement apologizing for the game being dogshit and promised to make it less dogshit, so...yay?

are they going to make it not gacha

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Galarian Gumshoos, but looks like BoJo

Kanto Gumshoos is just straight up Inspector Zenigata.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bongo Bill posted:

are they going to make it not gacha

No

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I think you'll find the single black stripe on Pridenyta's horn places them squarely within the Hot Topic Aesthetic.

the Hot Topic merchandising opportunities with Galarian Ponyta are OFF THE CHARTS

Psycho Knight
Jan 19, 2017

"Being a fangame and not bound to a rating, Pokemon Reborn is able to expand more on topics such as death and the extreme dangers Pokemon could pose. These topics...are treated with the respect such a subject deserves."

Let's throw a Medicham into a volcano and make it give the T2 thumbs up!

Spatula City posted:

I really, really hope what happened with Sun/Moon and the demo doesn't happen again. I doubt it, because I bet Nintendo just won't do a demo version at all, or maybe just something confined to Game Stops and other physical locations. but one of the most magical things that ever happened regarding Pokemon was when someone accidentally got a copy of X early, and discovered GOOMY. :3:
people organically discovering new 'mons rather than having a hacker unceremoniously reveal them, that's what I want to see.

I agree. I want to go in as blind as possible. The lovely thing is that all the new Pokemon have been spoiled for me so far simply by me being on the internet. Youtube videos always pop up with the Pokemon right in the thumbnail. Google news even spoils it by having stories pop up under the entertainment tab with the new Pokemon in the teaser pic.

At this point, my major concern is that SwSh has like 20 or 30 new Pokemon mixed in with the curated list of old ones and I've already been spoiled on all of them. I want to relive that childhood sense of wonder and discovery dammit! :argh: At least a little.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
It really helps to live under a literal rock or be put into deep freeze. When I got ultra moon earlier this year I felt like my grand uncle trying to figure out Asteroid in the atari. Island scanner? QR codes? trials?? oh that's a really nice menu... I think this is very convenient... Festival Plaza?? it's like join avenue but baaaaaddd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/BulbaNewsNOW/status/1182610521876353024?s=19

New anime details.
Based in Kanto
New Professor
Professor has a daughter