Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

fisting by many posted:

I'm currently in Korea and pretty much the only truck that exists are these cute Labo things.

It is exactly as much truck as anyone practically needs.

i need more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Here you go.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Those little trucks and small japanese imports are incredibly popular in Canada as we have much less protectionism when it comes to used cars vs the US. They're a godsend to actual trades and business drivers who need a truck or what ever for their business, but don't need a giant unwieldy embarrassing F150.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Tiny trucks are great for some stuff but God help you if you have to take one on the highway.

Or just generally drive for more than a few minutes because they're uncomfortable as gently caress.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
What if you're driving a kei truck and you have pipes in the back and someone hits you and a pipe does you a Final Destination.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Then it would be your own fault for not properly securing your load. :colbert:

BigHandsVince
Mar 30, 2007
Mamma Mia, my hands are huge!

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

FCKGW posted:

Yeah, that's pretty much the safest way you could one of those things. If you got your hand stuck it there it would just nudge it close to the axe head but not do anything.

No, it has the big problem that there's nothing protecting your from falling onto it and getting minced. Also the pushing part is tall enough that if you are grasping the log one handed, it will push your hand towards the blade and it seems to go close enough that you'll lose couple fingers.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

This clip was the scariest thing in the world to me when I was very young. My folks would recount me screaming hysterically, vaulting the couch, knocking over wicker chairs and boxes of toys and whatever else was between me and my upstairs bedroom closet.

Hadn't thought about this in years, maybe decades, and scrolling down the page and revealing the preview image still elicited a massive instinctual "AAAAHH".

Brains are weird, man. Anyhow, thanks to the poster for linking it and providing a bizarre nostalgia trip.

Edit:

Jonny Nox posted:

That video (or one like it) loving terrified 4 year old me.

Whoa, and now I just read this post. :hfive: terror twin.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Thread:

https://twitter.com/maryrobinette/status/1152277166996017152?s=21

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

quote:

Fun fact: When Yuri Gargarin was on his way to the launch pad, he realized the suit-up had taken so long that he needed to pee. He got out of the truck and peed on the tire.

Every astronaut to launch from Baikonur since has done the same.

Women squat or carry a vial of pee.

Actually, a recently developed Russian spacesuit eliminates the pee port, so they'll no longer be able to do it, at least the old way.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

SelenicMartian posted:

Actually, a recently developed Russian spacesuit eliminates the pee port, so they'll no longer be able to do it, at least the old way.

There wasn't a pee port. The russian space suit just had a big hole in the front that you climb into the suit through. So you'd get all laced up in the astronaut building or whatever, ride in the van, stop, open the suit, piss on the tire, do the suit back up yourself and then launch into space. At least that's how Scott Kelly described it for his launch into space.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Yes. They changed the way the new one closes, removing the lacing.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010
Pissing in space is so critical that if one of the toilets on the ISS breaks, EVERYTHING stops to allow the astronauts to fix it. If, for some reason, both of them break, and they do not fix it within a few days, they suit up, get in capsules and return to earth.

The one on the space shuttle was awful and similar, but the shuttle flights were shorter. Also everyone has their own pee cup/sleve/she-wee, don't mix them up.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
just piss everywhere and then pop a window to blow it out. no prob

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZkuQUCUYgM

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

DelphiAegis posted:

The one on the space shuttle was awful and similar, but the shuttle flights were shorter. Also everyone has their own pee cup/sleve/she-wee, don't mix them up.

The story I remember being relayed to me at Space Camp :fsmug: was that the toilet on the shuttle had a fan inside, to encourage your poo poo to drift downwards. It also would chop it up into smaller pieces, presumably to help out move through the system.

Once, an astronaut on his first flight used the toilet first out of anyone, and in the words of my lecturer: Mr. Hungry threw up. He thought he hosed up the procedure, and so cleaned it all up himself and didn't tell anyone.

The next person to use it had previously flown in the shuttle and could tell something was wrong. There was a breeze coming up, instead of heading down.

Turns out, the fan had been installed upside down and they had to fix it in orbit.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
My brother in law was an engineer at Nasa. You literally back your rear end up, using a camera, to a vacuum hole to poop in/pee in for the ladies. For dudes they custom make you a sleeve that fits around your dong to piss in .

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Dudes using their pee sleeves for non pee activities, makes me space sick.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Kakermix can probably sell you five of them.

Efb

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwkKFWOWGzU

Figure it out.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
https://i.imgur.com/TFZRsWA.mp4

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Is that flopping?

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Is that flopping?

loving with the driver. The guy on the other side of the truck sees this and starts laughing immediately, while the driver probably only looked in the mirror in time to see dude take a fall after hearing the ramp hit something.

Wait, poo poo. :thejoke:

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZkAP-CQlhA

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

thats a lot of nuts

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
The UK Maritime Accident Investigation Branch has just published a report into an incident last year that this thread might 'enjoy':

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/media/5d93631a40f0b65e5ec0dd35/2019-12-Priscilla.pdf

A coaster trundles through the Pentland Firth (the gap between the top of Scotland and the Orkney Islands), while the sole watchkeeper watches music videos on his phone (and quite possibly falls asleep), having switched the autopilot pilot from 'follow the pre-programmed safe route' mode to 'follow a fixed heading until told otherwise' mode as soon as he came on watch. The local coastguard and the local traffic control centres both call him up and warn him he's about to pile up on the rocks. He says 'yeah, I suppose I'd better change course' to the first warning, but doesn't actually carry out any action, and when he gets the second call, which paraphrases as 'if you don't turn left this instant you're going to crash, you doofus', he replies 'what, you say I should turn right? Im gonna turn right...'

Ship piles up on the rocks and suffers major hull damage. Lots of good OSHA material there - I didn't know it was now OK for small ships to have unmanned engine rooms and not carry a dedicated marine engineer if they're in coastal waters...instead they can have a dual-qualified officer who doubles as both part-time engineer and part-time watchkeeper. Which is what this guy was.

Kanine
Aug 5, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sirotan posted:

Then it would be your own fault for not properly securing your load. :colbert:

:gizz:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/4XxeG7m.mp4

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

AHHHHHH, where is this?!?! Global warming lol, we're all dead.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

LifeSunDeath posted:

AHHHHHH, where is this?!?! Global warming lol, we're all dead.

GIS says Tenerife.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3cZxiyHyNG/?igshid=a5o3rlmzkjm1

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Super glad to learn I wasn't the only one terrified of the sesame street I-Beam forge :lol:

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

mds2 posted:

My brother in law was an engineer at Nasa. You literally back your rear end up, using a camera, to a vacuum hole to poop in/pee in for the ladies. For dudes they custom make you a sleeve that fits around your dong to piss in .

During the Mercury/Gemini/Apollo era, the astronauts were originally issued these things, in what were labelled small, medium, and large. They had some clout, and got them renamed to colossal, huge, and gargantuan.

Or so I've been told, anyway.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Dr.Smasher posted:

During the Mercury/Gemini/Apollo era, the astronauts were originally issued these things, in what were labelled small, medium, and large. They had some clout, and got them renamed to colossal, huge, and gargantuan.

Or so I've been told, anyway.
https://twitter.com/MaryRobinette/status/1152277175799898112

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
The story is that the toilet wasn't actually working properly, and stuff leaking out was a regular thing. The root cause turned out to be that all the astronauts had asked for a large, even when they actually had more proportionate anatomy.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Jackin' it in space every time i need to pee because i said i needed the large sheath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Tiny trucks are great for some stuff but God help you if you have to take one on the highway.

Or just generally drive for more than a few minutes because they're uncomfortable as gently caress.

Yeah this I own an 81 VW Rabbit pickup because lets be honest it's hilarious that such a thing exists at all, but any hill with more than 100' of vertical change means I need to be doing 75 at the bottom so I have enough momentum to only downshift into third by the time I get back to the top.

90s Ranger/Tacoma is basically the perfect truck