Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Rime posted:

Thankfully R.Denyovich is dethroned, so that bullshit no longer has am admin protecting it.

And yet the thread still has a conspiracy theory title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1182365785106370561?s=21

ryde
Sep 9, 2011

God I love young girls
Hopefully the news rooms are furiously booking Rudy to come on and talk about this arrest.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

...lol, of course

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Cheesus posted:

Love this photo.

Yeah that's catching a whiff of what you thought was going to be nothing and turned out to be a TOXIC FUME CLOUD.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

ryde posted:

Hopefully the news rooms are furiously booking Rudy to come on and talk about this arrest.

There's a strong chance he might do a budd dwyer

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

evilweasel posted:

you don't need a one way ticket to a non-extradition nation to tell the House to pound sand, at least until the sergeant at arms starts arresting people

Might be tough to tell the house to pound sand from Federal Prison.

AFAIK, besides panicked people in this thread, no one has suggested ignoring actual written subpoenas from the house, just general whining, stalling, and uncooperativeness that any lawyer would advise his client to do in any case.

Seems to me the WH has a smoking gun that proves foreign manipulation with quid-pro-quo hidden, that they're trying to keep out of the House's hands for as long as possible (the recording of the call on the server?) until they either come up with a defense strategy, or at least an exit strategy for all the GOP Senators that are going to be forced to vote to remove. If the one Ukraine call was the worst the Dems were going to get their hands on, I'd imagine the Republicans would be fighting over who can hand documents in the case over faster, so that Trump can get impeached by the House, and Mitch et. all can crush the removal as quickly as possible, before public opinion falls too far.

syntaxrigger
Jul 7, 2011

Actually you owe me 6! But who's countin?

The Glumslinger posted:

I don't understand why they still let Rudy do interviews

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1182368658309500929

I think until someone is actually compelled by a subpoena to do a thing they said they wouldn't do this is a game of chicken being played through national and social media.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Blue Footed Booby posted:

Once upon a time it was understandable to argue that the Russia stuff was a read herring that distracts from the larger problems. At this point, it's part of a larger pattern that's inextricably linked with those larger problems.

I dunno, some of us always thought that colluding with a foreign power to win an election was a pretty big problem in and of itself right from the get go.

I think anybody unwilling to take that issue seriously back then was either a Glenn Greenfuck-style tankie or a willful idiot with their head stuck in the sand.

Edit:
Lollllll
vvvvvvvvv

Zisky fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Oct 10, 2019

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

IT'S ME AUSTIN

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Angry_Ed posted:

Yes. Also one of the dumbest.

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1182352133460508680?s=21

it doesn't get any dumber than this

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
Jesus gently caress, it's collusion all the way down.

We really, really need to know when those place tickets were purchased. Any time after their lunch with Rudy, and that gun's not only smoking, it was literally just fired.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sir Lemming posted:

IT'S ME AUSTIN

:bahgawd: Aw, son of a bitch!

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
https://twitter.com/KevinMKruse/status/1067431464524869633?s=19

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

:vince:

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'm still waiting for him to wriggle out of it somehow.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

finger on monkey's paw curls

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I can't imagine even Rudy would get caught by something so obviously dumb. I'm sure the tickets were purchased in advance after a phone call or something.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

The Glumslinger posted:

I don't understand why they still let Rudy do interviews

https://twitter.com/BradMossEsq/status/1182368658309500929

These guys were definitely fleeing but for the sake of not making weak arguments this actually is a thing that happens. My ex's father used to get one way tickets on business trips all the drat time because they'd send him overseas for indefinite periods of time (months usually). Just out of coincidence we had a guest speaker in class yesterday that told an anecdote about how he got thrown on a surprise business trip with a one-way ticket.

But again, there's not a chance in hell that was what was actually going on here.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Donnie is pissed that bitbleach dot com still hasnt answered his e mail about the sever wipes he wanted to roder 2 years ago.

e : oh gently caress i thought the cloth was a joke store item like the blackberry edition, but the cloth is real??

PhazonLink fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 10, 2019

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Jarmak posted:

These guys were definitely fleeing but for the sake of not making weak arguments this actually is a thing that happens. My ex's father used to get one way tickets on business trips all the drat time because they'd send him overseas for indefinite periods of time (months usually). Just out of coincidence we had a guest speaker in class yesterday that told an anecdote about how he got thrown on a surprise business trip with a one-way ticket.

But again, there's not a chance in hell that was what was actually going on here.

i mean buying a one-way international ticket shouldn't get you landed in precautionary detention to ensure you're not fleeing, but buying a one-way international ticket after having lunch with one of your criminal buddies who has ties to the offices investigating you while a secret indictment against you has been issued is another story altogether

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

We need to subpoena their tax returns from Dewey, Cheatam, and Howe

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AlBorlantern Corps posted:

We need to subpoena their tax returns from Dewey, Cheatam, and Howe

Also now that Linda McMahon is involved we need to subpoena Irwin R. Schyster :v:

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

Opening a new law firm

Yes, we do crimes.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Ash Crimson posted:

There's a strong chance he might do a budd dwyer

More likely he'll take the scenic route and do a Joe McCarthy.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

I can't imagine even Rudy would get caught by something so obviously dumb. I'm sure the tickets were purchased in advance after a phone call or something.

I would be completely unsurprised if the ticket purchases were back-dated in sharpie.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Did you just start paying attention to this today? These people are -ABSOLUTELY- this obviously dumb. Anyone still around is at least this dumb if not worse.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

evilweasel posted:

i mean buying a one-way international ticket shouldn't get you landed in precautionary detention to ensure you're not fleeing, but buying a one-way international ticket after having lunch with one of your criminal buddies who has ties to the offices investigating you while a secret indictment against you has been issued is another story altogether

Well yes, which is why I said the fuckers were fleeing.

I was just saying "no one goes one a business trip with a one way ticket" is not a strong argument.

Hell when I was in the Army I got one way tickets once while traveling on leave because I was visiting both my family and my ex's family back in the states so it was a three leg trip.

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches

Party Plane Jones posted:

it doesn't get any dumber than this

First time I've ever been really tempted to make one of those bitching about the writers this season posts.

The about us part of the website, with a tweak or two, could've been a H.A.R.M. accounting department memo from NOLF 2. I am sure they really do try to reduce the risk of fraud!

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Just lol that even with their freedom on the line and a probably solid understanding that they were being watched these rich assholes were too cheap to spring for less suspicious round-trip tickets.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

evilweasel posted:

the timeline however is now an extremely direct

lunch with rudy -> airport -> one way flight to a non-extradition treaty country

Can't wait for Rudy to go on cable news and claim there's nothing wrong with using your contacts in the DoJ to give your buddies a heads up that they're getting pinched and advise them to run.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Reddy/status/1182375257887387649

:stonklol:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This seems like a rather big crack with these arrests, the money trail from Russia / Ukraine to republican congressmen is now more or less laid bare, at least for some of them.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

good god

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Mummy Xzibit posted:

Just lol that even with their freedom on the line and a probably solid understanding that they were being watched these rich assholes were too cheap to spring for less suspicious round-trip tickets.

It's not like you have to show up for the trip back!

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

quote:

But Graham also expressed sympathy for Turkey’s “Kurdish problem” and described the Kurds as a “threat.” Those private comments appear to contradict his public statements this week, in which he criticized Trump’s decision to pull U.S. troops out of northern Syria because it’s “wrong to abandon the Kurds, who have been strong allies against” the Islamic State.

“Your YPG Kurdish problem is a big problem,” Graham told the pranksters. He was referring to the Kurdish People’s Protection Units, a group that began fighting ISIS as part of the Syrian Democratic Forces in 2015—with support from the U.S.—but is considered a terrorist group by Turkey because of its push to establish an autonomous state for the Kurds on the Turkish-Syrian border.

“I told President Trump that Obama made a huge mistake in relying on the YPG Kurds,” Graham continued. “Everything I worried about has come true, and now we have to make sure Turkey is protected from this threat in Syria. I’m sympathetic to the YPG problem, and so is the president, quite frankly.”

Indeed, Trump acknowledged as much in a press conference on Wednesday, appearing to echo Graham’s private comments. “If you read today — a couple of reports saying that when President Obama started this whole thing,” Trump said. “As you know, it was started by President Obama; he created a natural war with Turkey and their longtime enemy, PKK. And they’re still there.” Turkey has been in conflict with the P.K.K., also known as the Kurdistan Workers’ Party, since the 1980s. Both Turkey and the U.S. consider it a terrorist organization.

Graham then raised an issue that’s been top of mind for Erdogan for years—the U.S. case involving Zarrab, who was convicted in 2018 and sentenced to 32 months in prison stemming partly from bribes he paid to Turkish bank officers.

“And this case involving the Turkish bank, he’s very sensitive to that,” Graham said of Trump. “The president wants to be helpful, within the limits of his power.”

holy loving jesus

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

rkajdi posted:

Koichi Sugiyama. He's done all the music for Dragon Quest since day one. Also a piece of poo poo on LGBT issues and Korean comfort women. Luckily, you're probably not going to need to worry about him doing much more for the series, since he is old af. By the time a DQ 12 would be done he'd be over 90 if not 95, and very likely dead.

A bit late on this, but more to the point: he's also a huge piece of poo poo in the Japanese music world and has an outsized place on the board of their equivalent of the RIAA (he was a classic music composer long before he was a game composer, and got tapped for the original game because of that). He was also smart enough to retain the rights to his music, so far as I know - this is why he's separately credited whenever it comes to copyright for the games. So if Square-Enix - or even the other creators of DQ - want to use the ultra-iconic main theme for the game in anything, they gotta pay the man. Who can then use it to continue to promulgate hate. And the JP fanbase would revolt if the theme was dropped entirely (or possibly even if another composer was used, but that's probably less true now/lol they'll have to cross that bridge soon anyway).

It's ridiculously lovely in every way and it's frustrating that actual good work like DQ11 remains shackled to the music of such a useless fascist (especially since he did so little new work for 11). I genuinely look forward to the day when a new composer can finally take a crack at a mainline DQ.

Also lol lmao Barr is never ever returning from Europe at this point. The Attorney General of the United States of America is literally going to flee the country.

EDIT: I TAKE FIVE MINUTES TO POST

CAN THIS WHOLE THING SLOW DOWN FOR FIVE MINUTES

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

I don't think it's possible to overstate how insane this is

If Graham were anything but a Republican in a deep red state, he'd be toast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eviltastic
Feb 8, 2004

Fan of Britches
Wow. That's quite a bit of jaw dropping poo poo that Lindsey Graham is very comfortable saying on Trump's behalf.