Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Looks like this next episode is Dee Day and at some point Dee tells Dennis to wipe his face with makeup remover wipes. So how odd Dennis looks will probably be addressed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I'm already laughing at that mental image. It's going to be caked

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
Thundergun didn't do much for me. The next one looks good, though.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I've been rewatching Always Sunny and I still really hope it's eventually revealed the little girl from the water park is Dennis' daughter from some forgotten affair. They have such great chemistry.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Tonight's episode has the potential to be magical
Dee Day: The Guys are in the final preparation stage for an unknown scheme when Dee excitedly enters to inform them that today is "Dee Day." The guys have to do everything she wants without complaint

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
So that’ll be the third straight episode that’s more or less a direct sequel to an earlier (and likely better) season episode.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Big Mean Jerk posted:

So that’ll be the third straight episode that’s more or less a direct sequel to an earlier (and likely better) season episode.

:confused:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Mac day was one of the greatest post season 5 episodes the show's ever had so even if it's only half as good it'll be fine

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

That's got me wondering: what kind of person would a Country Dee be like?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Macrame_God posted:

A successful comic.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Macrame_God posted:

That's got me wondering: what kind of person bird would a Country Dee be like?

A turkey

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Macrame_God posted:

Artemis.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Every episode after the first is a sequel if you think about it

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Don't you remember everybody begging for each gang member to get their own Day episode back when Mac Day aired? Waiting five years to do one more is restrained.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh my god, Frank in this getup :cripes: Hahaha

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

I dunno. I'm having a hard time imagining Country Dee being down for banging Frank in the dumpster behind Wendy's.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Looks like Dee was the smart one of the gang this episode.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The end went pretty far to redeeming it but otherwise I think this is the weakest of the season

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Milo and POTUS posted:

The end went pretty far to redeeming it but otherwise I think this is the weakest of the season

You're a bird! You're a bird! I hate you bitch!

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Quote of the episode: "That's what his soul looks like."

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

when Dee pulled the makeup wipes out I absolutely lost it

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

the escape goat posted:

when Dee pulled the makeup wipes out I absolutely lost it

Kudos to the show for setting up the hair paint job in the earlier episodes this season. I even posted in the thread saying it was Glenn with bad hair dye but now we find out it was intentional, which I suppose shouldn't be surprising because for a sitcom this show definitely goes to impressive lengths at times.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Personally, I have been down on the show for the last couple seasons, but all 3 episodes this season have been very enjoyable for me.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

This show has been all downhill since last season.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Dennis without makeup was even better than I imagined.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
This was awesome. Every character at their absolute best. To me this is so much better than when they're just filling bit roles like last week. They also seemed to have their energy back after two episodes where their acting seemed forced. I love that they don't even tell the audience what the plan is and it doesn't matter. I never get tired of Dennis's increasingly creepy and unsuccessful attempts to seduce women. "I threw all the hard candies at the idiot children."

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

This was awesome. Every character at their absolute best. To me this is so much better than when they're just filling bit roles like last week. They also seemed to have their energy back after two episodes where their acting seemed forced. I love that they don't even tell the audience what the plan is and it doesn't matter. I never get tired of Dennis's increasingly creepy and unsuccessful attempts to seduce women. "I threw all the hard candies at the idiot children."
I can go to your house and use your makeup to wear the face of a different man.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

How have we not mentioned his giant bald spot??

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The bald patch they add to Dennis is loving genius

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
The entire time they were in Dee's costumes was god damned amazing. Great episode.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't know how anyone could say this episode wasn't good. Dee double outdid them. Their plan involved them getting into the lady's house and messing with her clocks so she wouldn't get to the vote. Dee's plan was to just slash her tires, which was much simpler and actually worked. Then She also messed with the clock to trick them into insulting her.

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Cojawfee posted:

I don't know how anyone could say this episode wasn't good. Dee double outdid them. Their plan involved them getting into the lady's house and messing with her clocks so she wouldn't get to the vote. Dee's plan was to just slash her tires, which was much simpler and actually worked. Then She also messed with the clock to trick them into insulting her.

Yeah, it was great. Closer to the end of the episode I was wondering what the hell wall clocks matter if the council woman has a cell phone... and that same blindspot is what let Dee gently caress them over.

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

I love that they don't even tell the audience what the plan is and it doesn't matter.

Yeah, it didn't matter--or was even better--not knowing what their plan was since whatever it was would fail anyways. Its structure was reminiscent of last year's Home Alone/Superbowl episodes where there are two plots going on except they kept it in one episode with both sides.

One thing that I was wrong about was I thought that Dee might have some kind of listening advice (cuckoo clock, but it wasn't around enough). It would have totally decimated their "let's talk about the plan while Dee's out of the room" and "let's use making GBS threads as an excuse to get away" strategies if she could listen and pre-emptively ruin their plan. Nope. She was just peeing like crazy (which birds don't do).

I'm not going to dedicate a big paragraph to this, but holy poo poo was it great that Dee made them reprise her characters from past seasons.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Frank trying not to be bigoted

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I actually laughed and enjoyed this one. Good work, Gang!

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Krankenstyle posted:

Frank trying not to be bigoted

Oh, yeah. Definitely. A call back to his driver's school and accident with an Asian woman last season, too.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

The Sean posted:

Oh, yeah. Definitely. A call back to his driver's school and accident with an Asian woman last season, too.

"I almost got T-boned by an Asian. Totally my fault, she did everything by the book."

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I like how Dennis really did peak seasons ago. He's been totally off his game since as he decays into a stammering chili-farting mess. Last time he tried to use the DENNIS system he got thrown in boat jail, and he's been a fairly consistent pathetic failure with women for a while now. Mac is about the only person he impresses in the slightest.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
"It's not the clams...hooorck.... definitely can't be the clams..."

Pathetic Dennis was amazing.

I know it's super cheap but Dennis and Charlie passionately making out had me cackling like a madman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Baronjutter posted:

I like how Dennis really did peak seasons ago. He's been totally off his game since as he decays into a stammering chili-farting mess. Last time he tried to use the DENNIS system he got thrown in boat jail, and he's been a fairly consistent pathetic failure with women for a while now. Mac is about the only person he impresses in the slightest.

At least he had fully consensual and amazing sex with Amanda the game nerd.

I'm surprised no one brought that up itt