Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Snackmar posted:

Continuing: The Origin of Spider-Man...

(PSD file if you want to mess with it)
:lol: thank you for this

Well, he has had a traumatic life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Wait a minute... you're that notorious villain, Therapist!

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

Getting strong Scientology vibes from this arc, mostly in that the psychiatrist is a lying crock who profits from dependency and delusion.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
They psychiatrist is the Hobgoblin and Harry is Black Widow.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
At this point, the biggest twist would be Spidey being right about Hobgoblin.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

A psychiatrist that would give a free consultation just after finishing up a session? Even before he has had a chance to transcribe his patient's latest journal entry?

Now I know this guy is a fraud. If some loon came into a psychiatric care facility unannounced, threatening the resident shrink the only response would be stalling and pressing the panic button. Especially if they aren't paying and interrupting the doc's coffee break.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

look, it's peter, he's harmless, everyone knows he has some problems, it's great that he's getting help and we don't want to discourage it

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

evilmiera posted:

A psychiatrist that would give a free consultation just after finishing up a session? Even before he has had a chance to transcribe his patient's latest journal entry?

Now I know this guy is a fraud. If some loon came into a psychiatric care facility unannounced, threatening the resident shrink the only response would be stalling and pressing the panic button. Especially if they aren't paying and interrupting the doc's coffee break.

He never said it was going to be free! The arc is going to end with Spider-man arriving home and finding a medical bill.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Snackmar posted:

I actually am kinda fascinated by the slight differences in this version! Look at that, the robber attacked the Parkers before they went to bed, and pointed a drat gun at Aunt May! That sure isn't from Amazing Fantasy #15..

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
Could you PM the source of these high quality strips to Haifish? It'd help a lot.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Goddamn, the pose for that slap is loving fantastic.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Samuringa posted:

He never said it was going to be free! The arc is going to end with Spider-man arriving home and finding a medical bill.

Oh nooooo!!!

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

His therapy session will consist of him repeatedly asking Pete that he isn't one of the Avengers.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Samuringa posted:

Could you PM the source of these high quality strips to Haifish? It'd help a lot.
AFAIK they're book scans? I'd feel bad asking someone to send me an entire book of NSM if it required more effort than clicking a button or two. (Although I freely admit the newpaper scans I use are...not really great quality most of the time)

Tiggum actually PMed me the same missing week earlier today, but they're not in color. :shrug:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Goddamn, the pose for that slap is loving fantastic.

The claw hand has the rage and the slap hand has the contempt. He looks very villainous in that pose.

Saw that these strips are in colour and I was like "aw yeah, gonna be a big ol' pool of Ben's blood".

Lobok fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Oct 11, 2019

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

:lol: I'm putting this up there with the spider fight strip.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

I'm sorry, I had to.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Johnny Walker posted:

:lol: I'm putting this up there with the spider fight strip.

"And I'm not Peter Parker!"

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

https://twitter.com/magsvisaggs/status/1182726896028663808
The kiss of death, in greeting card form.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Next Time on Newspaper Spider-Man '78

Updates every day at about this hour, don't go anywhere!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Seriously, are you ready for a whole arc of Doctor Doom dramatically narrating everything from a TV mounted on a pigeon??

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

That is one giant loving pigeon.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Lobok posted:

That is one giant loving pigeon.

Doom's calculations were perfect, it is the flawed world that is too small.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
The screen is there for trolling, because nobody will believe Spidey is he tells anyone. Doom is a top-tier troll. As evidence:

TwoPair posted:

Fantastic Four - 4 Yancy Street: The Fantastic Four are living on Yancy Street and their celebrity has caused the neighborhood's rent to skyrocket. The problem gets fixed, that's not the important part, this is:

Motherfucking Dr. Doom has an old lady robot designed to troll the Thing.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Seriously, are you ready for a whole arc of Doctor Doom dramatically narrating everything from a TV mounted on a pigeon??

gently caress yes, how is this even a question?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Saoshyant posted:

Well it's about loving time!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Saoshyant posted:

Next Time on Newspaper Spider-Man '78

Updates every day at about this hour, don't go anywhere!

It's everything I never knew I wanted

Sailor Goon
Feb 21, 2012

Saoshyant posted:

I am loving stoked

Sailor Cat
Aug 28, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

evilmiera posted:

It's Spider-Man, the receptionist gets called in to trap him with a cup and some cardboard; then she releases him outside, shaken and confused, but unharmed.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Haifisch posted:

Tiggum actually PMed me the same missing week earlier today, but they're not in color. :shrug:

If I'd realised that colour was an option when I bought my copy I'd have got that version. Unless it was significantly more expensive, I guess.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's a reference to the time that happened in the comics.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

A new story begins

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Saoshyant posted:

A new story begins

"Oh Peter! Did you stay out of drafts?"
"Of course, pretty lady! I'm no Flash Thompson!"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

They should end every NSM comic with someone worrying about Pete's secret identity being revealed. :allears:

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

MJ has finally caught up with the readers after all these years, asking "what's wrong with Peter?"

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Swanky outfit, Carole.

If you're keeping track, this story is before the one Carole and Pete were dating and she got involved with the Loomis cult.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
the timelines are colliding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Saoshyant posted:

If you're keeping track, this story is before the one Carole and Pete were dating and she got involved with the Loomis cult.

I am forming my own continuity where this is post-cult and Carole's just randomly back lamenting not getting any of that Parker action, while Spider-Man is outsmarted by a pigeon.