Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Sleeveless posted:

https://twitter.com/Nitomatta/status/1182296182283833345

This is based on a game that came out in 2013. Kung Fury is almost half a decade old at this point. I have no idea who the actual audience for faux 80s neon and laser grids epic bacon poo poo is going to be in 2020 when an actually good show like Moonbeam City that used that aesthetic couldn't find an audience in 2015 when it was still relatively fresh and new.

synthwave is good, actually, and Moonbeam City bombed because the advertising for it made it look like complete poo poo despite being an OK show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I did like their little twist on that: Red John begging for his life and trying to get Jane to care about how he knew about his suspect list and some other inconsequential plot point. But Jane didn't care and just straight up choked him to death. It was very refreshing to see a protagonist actually commit to achieving their goal and not get distracted by dumb poo poo.

That was so obviously because they hadn't actually bothered to come up with answers to these questions they had teased for years that it's hard to give them credit for it.

Milo and POTUS posted:

Since L49 doesn't have it's own thread, did I actually see the collector for the pawn shop guy at the hotel in mexico? Did I miss something (likely)? Why was he there?

He was definitely there.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rageaholic posted:

Who else is loving stoked for that Breaking Bad Netflix movie dropping in a few hours besides me?

Breaking Bad is, no joke, one of my favorite shows ever, so more of it in the form of this feels like a gift.

What is this.....Breaking Bad? Is it a show?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Did anyone ever consider that breaking may in fact be good? :thunkher:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LhgCkXUyzc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InaiO2pt1gI

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is it a spinoff of the Breakin’ franchise?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Anyway yeah I have to do a lot of poo poo today but I got up two hours early to shower/pack a suitcase and similar things just so I can watch El Camino before I have to leave the house

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
breaking bad movie is good so far.

Yeah bitch!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Escobarbarian posted:

Is it a spinoff of the Breakin’ franchise?

Methamphetamine Boogaloo?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

drunkill posted:

breaking bad movie is good so far.

Yeah bitch!

So far it’s good but clearly very unnecessary. Still plenty to go though. Can’t complain about more Jesse Plemons in any context, either way.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
It was good. Not too indulgent, not too necessary but hey, I enjoyed it.

Now we continue waiting for more better call saul.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
El Camino was great. I'm still not sure it was necessary but it's extremely well done and nearly all the inevitable cameos and flashbacks felt organic. It's probably the best case scenario for a Breaking Bad movie.

The Skinny Pete scenes were unexpectedly touching and I’m glad they got one last Jane scene in.

Between this and Righteous Gemstones, Jimmy from The Mick cannot catch a loving break this year :eyepop:

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 10:38 on Oct 11, 2019

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Escobarbarian posted:

So far it’s good but clearly very unnecessary. Still plenty to go though. Can’t complain about more Jesse Plemons in any context, either way.

No one should ever claim that El Camino was a story that needed to be told, but I’m glad it was told. If nothing else, it’s just a really good extended epilogue for Jesse Pinkman and I wasn’t looking for anything more.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Agreed with the above three posts! I liked it, didn’t need it, but it’s nice it happened anyway.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I was satisfied with how Breaking Bad ended, but El Camino gave a little more closure and that was nice.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Meth Damon looks 20 years older. Kirsten Dunst married this guy?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Mu Zeta posted:

Meth Damon looks 20 years older. Kirsten Dunst married this guy?

I’d like to think he really enjoyed being fat for his Fargo role and that’s just who he is now.

My Breaking Bad head-canon now is that Todd gained and then lost 60lbs in the time gap between Ozymandias and Felina because he kept eating bean and bacon soup every day.

Tehran 1979
Jan 28, 2019

by Lowtax
Carnival Row is absolute garbage.

That's all I have to say.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Finally finished Too Old To Die Young late last night. After so many excruciating 80-90 minute episodes, the 10th and final episode was only 30 minutes and didn't really wrap anything up. Man, what a shitshow, no pun intended. I still barely believe this was a real show someone greenlit. Seriously, did nobody else watch it? (I'm not recommending it, just curious.)

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

How much do I need to remember from Breaking Bad to watch El Camino, because I feel like I'm even more lost rn than I was before watching the Deadwood movie.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Like, the last handful of episodes?

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

:effort:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

lmao Freddie Prinze Jr. profanely explaining how the Force works on a podcast (he was the voice of Kanan on Rebels)

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

I'm glad I did a BB rewatch this summer. They announced El Camino's release date like 2 weeks later so I'm taking it as a sign that Vince made this film for me personally.

This will catch you up.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/10/arts/television/el-camino-breaking-bad.html

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Sirotan posted:

How much do I need to remember from Breaking Bad to watch El Camino, because I feel like I'm even more lost rn than I was before watching the Deadwood movie.
There's a recap of the series that plays before the movie to catch you up.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Croatoan posted:

I'm glad I did a BB rewatch this summer. They announced El Camino's release date like 2 weeks later so I'm taking it as a sign that Vince made this film for me personally.

This will catch you up.
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/10/arts/television/el-camino-breaking-bad.html

Sweet, thanks!

Rageaholic posted:

There's a recap of the series that plays before the movie to catch you up.

Thanks x2!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

zoux posted:

lmao Freddie Prinze Jr. profanely explaining how the Force works on a podcast (he was the voice of Kanan on Rebels)

Freddie Prinze Jr. is legit a major Star Wars geek, long before Rebels.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lmaoing at the reveal in Emergence ep 3

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Medullah posted:

Freddie Prinze Jr. is legit a major Star Wars geek, long before Rebels.

He even played a major Star Wars geek in Psych.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Chairman Capone posted:

He even played a major Star Wars geek in Psych.

I've seen that episode at least a dozen times (like all psych episodes) and I never realized that was him. He's a handsome man.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yesterday, Rupert Murdoch met with Bill Barr for lunch. Today:
https://twitter.com/passantino/status/1182748312669163532

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Made a Watchmen thread! Hope you guys enjoy it!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3901042

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Norwegian Rudo posted:

That was so obviously because they hadn't actually bothered to come up with answers to these questions they had teased for years that it's hard to give them credit for it.

Well of course. But they still made it work in the context and Jane sold the hell out of that scene.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Apple is producing the next Spielberg/Tom Hanks WW2 miniseries. It's going to cost 200 million.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/11/20909847/apple-band-of-brothers-hbo-miniseries-tv-plus-streaming-original-studio

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Oct 11, 2019

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Stop masturbating to WWII. Make something about the actual Nazis currently running our country you loving has beens.

tk fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 11, 2019

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Mu Zeta posted:

Apple is producing the next Spielberg/Tom Hanks WW2 miniseries. It's going to cost 200 million.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/11/20909847/apple-band-of-brothers-hbo-miniseries-tv-plus-streaming-original-studio

I’ll definitely watch this but there is zero chance I’m subbing for it. Same goes for the RDM alternate history NASA show.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Notable hasbeens Stephen Spielberg and Tom Hanks

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Can you answer whether I'll have to watch the show to hear the Trent Reznor/Atticus Ross score or will it be on Spotify and I could just listen to it there?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The new Short Trek is great. All I hear is Archer when Jon Benjamin talks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
All I hear is Coach McGuirk when Archer talks.