Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doloen
Dec 18, 2004

Riptor posted:

what does it even mean to "crack down on" somali refugees

I mean, we all know what he means.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

YodaTFK posted:

I mean, we all know what he means.

I know. It's just that the subtext is very much text

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Riptor posted:

I know. It's just that the subtext is very much text
Camera zooms in on important object

*smugly looks around theater*

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Can we seriously talk about the this entire administration is full jackasses who don't know anything about loving politics?

You pulled out of Syria this week. This rally is your loving chance to sell that to the public. You go out there and spend an hour talking about "peace in our time" and "bringing our boys home" and all that poo poo. You do these kind of rallies so you have clips for ads and for Fox News to show for weeks. You try to convince everyone that your giant fuckup was a great move.

But you loving get this meandering, rambling, senile poo poo. He could never stay on message, but he used to have a loving message in his rallies.

I think part of this is that under W, they ran a competent fascist government. Karl Rove had them hitting every single PR beat for 6 years.

I just feel insulted by how lovely they are at this

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

For all of the crazy today, I'm really interested to know what the Barr/Murdoch meeting was about. I guess us pleebs will find out via the coming coverage from Fox how that dynamic played out.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Everyone knows that haircuts for men and women are exactly the same. Who are you trying to fool AOC?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

tokyo reject posted:

For all of the crazy today, I'm really interested to know what the Barr/Murdoch meeting was about. I guess us pleebs will find out via the coming coverage from Fox how that dynamic played out.

i feel like its either Barr or murdoch trying to get the other to bend to their will. barr wants favorable coverage because he is a loving fixer and murdoch knows the SS trump just split in half and is sinking, he knows fox can survive if they kick trump off the life boat and they are probably telling barr as much. murdoch is also probably in contact with the various antediluvian GOP ghouls who are the big money people and i am sure they are souring on trump.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

sexpig by night posted:

I'm sorry, was this company called "Fraud Guarantee"?

Yes. The other company those guys were involved in is a club called "Mafia Rave".

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Macrame_God posted:

Uh, did Trump sign his wife's name in that picture because their signatures are identical. :raise:

They have the same signature because she taught him to read and write

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Macrame_God posted:

Uh, did Trump sign his wife's name in that picture because their signatures are identical. :raise:

He's done it multiple times in the past, including legal documents IIRC.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

sexpig by night posted:

I'm sorry, was this company called "Fraud Guarantee"?

They need an old gravelly Jewish guy going “You’re gonna love the way we fraud, I guarantee it.”

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

He's been visibly coked up as gently caress quite a lot lately.

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Something about the name Fraud Guarantee combined with him executing a Full Rudy mid-sentence was what broke me, y'all. Time to do an unconscionable amount of weed and take a bubble bath.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
I don't they can legally do this unfortunately

https://twitter.com/bradleyrsimpson/status/1182271751989944321

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

gently caress.I hope we get a chance to dig into all the poo poo that's been going on and have an opportunity to correct it all before this orange fecal smear loving aneurysms and the government turns back to Pence in charge in hopes of "normality".

Otteration fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Oct 11, 2019

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Thinkin' again about my dad and so many of our beloved family friends voting for this.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I don't see why not. Cities are being compelled to fund campaign activities with no cap whatsoever.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Very legal and cool.

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
Possible future decorum tax:
https://i.imgur.com/7zsF7wh.mp4

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

The Glumslinger posted:

Can we seriously talk about the this entire administration is full jackasses who don't know anything about loving politics?

You pulled out of Syria this week. This rally is your loving chance to sell that to the public. You go out there and spend an hour talking about "peace in our time" and "bringing our boys home" and all that poo poo. You do these kind of rallies so you have clips for ads and for Fox News to show for weeks. You try to convince everyone that your giant fuckup was a great move.

But you loving get this meandering, rambling, senile poo poo. He could never stay on message, but he used to have a loving message in his rallies.

I think part of this is that under W, they ran a competent fascist government. Karl Rove had them hitting every single PR beat for 6 years.

Trump rallies have really become grandpa rambling at the nursing home.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
The estate should sue, but he ain't gonna pay

https://twitter.com/PreetBharara/status/1182502906668425216

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

There Bias Two posted:

I don't see why not. Cities are being compelled to fund campaign activities with no cap whatsoever.

Aren't cities required to provide for the safety of its inhabitants and visitors?

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

TulliusCicero posted:

...How do people in Canada look at the utter loving dumpsterfire meltdown that is the US and the UK and go "oh man, gotta vote in Conservative control and get me some of that!"

How loving stupid is the average voter?

So loving stupid.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Canada better replace failure Trudeau with the living Ford brother.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Sad, fat, and old is no way to go through life.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
https://twitter.com/keithboykin/status/1182517341504098309

that fuckin' headline holy poo poo

Rime
Nov 2, 2011

by Games Forum

The Glumslinger posted:

On the bight side, you get to experience first hand what it must've been like to witness a nazi rally at the absolute worst of Hitlers Meth & Syphillis decline.

Appropriately for our era: held in a lovely sports stadium, in a dying unimportant state, packed with paid bodies rather than true believers, and lacking in any of the theatrics which put the Nuremberg rallies into the history books.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Rime posted:

On the bight side, you get to experience first hand what it must've been like to witness a nazi rally at the absolute worst of Hitlers Meth & Syphillis decline.

Appropriately for our era: held in a lovely sports stadium, in a dying unimportant state, packed with paid bodies rather than true believers, and lacking in any of the theatrics which put the Nuremberg rallies into the history books.

You're kidding yourself if you think those weren't actually Trump fans for the most part. Our country has a ton of hosed up Trump loving Nazi sympathizers (and outright Nazis). No, they're not the majority, but there's still quite a lot of them.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1182441506600374272?s=20

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Charlz Guybon posted:

Aren't cities required to provide for the safety of its inhabitants and visitors?

As a local government worker I'm going to use the socratic method to get you to say something a little more specific because your question right now as phrased is No.

Is your question, does a municipality have an obligation to make sure violence doesn't occur at a private rally?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

RuanGacho posted:

As a local government worker I'm going to use the socratic method to get you to say something a little more specific because your question right now as phrased is No.

Is your question, does a municipality have an obligation to make sure violence doesn't occur at a private rally?

I feel that thousands of people at a sports stadium is a public event.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

As far as I can see there's two options:
-The bank is bluffing and hopes Trumps enemies won't get enough power to make heads role
-The bank actually creatively lost/destroyed its own data and even if Trump's enemies don't gain the power to make heads roll there are gonna be some auditors/accountants pissed enough that there's gonna be at least an internal audit and someone's head will roll for the headache this produced. It will just be some lower level heads that roll.

In short we have added yet another layer of stupidity onto this...this...mess.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
Westchester Dems are pitching Chelsea Clinton on running for Rep. Nita Lowey’s seat after retirement announcement.
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-nita-lowey-reelection-2020-20191010-cpu4x77l2vbgdb2oxpihxrpd3i-story.html

Has this been discussed yet? Because it makes me want to loving die.

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Charlz Guybon posted:

I feel that thousands of people at a sports stadium is a public event.

It's not a public event if they have to pay to get in and Trump can toss people out, being his campaign rally.

I can sense what you're getting at I think but being that cops have no obligation to help, the only legal force that can be brought into play here, consistent with most local codes that I know of (IANAL) is if the local government caused harm by negligence, in most cases, police are the only ones assumed to have training to directly act. Which is where these bills are coming from in the first place.

Local governments just tend to be full of people who give a poo poo about human lives.

RuanGacho fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Oct 11, 2019

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Zurakara posted:

Westchester Dems are pitching Chelsea Clinton on running for Rep. Nita Lowey’s seat after retirement announcement.
https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/ny-nita-lowey-reelection-2020-20191010-cpu4x77l2vbgdb2oxpihxrpd3i-story.html

Has this been discussed yet? Because it makes me want to loving die.

Got to keep that political dynasty going!
How many Kennedy’s are/were in politics.
Winston Churchill’s grandson is an MP in the UK.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

RuanGacho posted:

Local governments just tend to be full of people who give a poo poo about human lives.

This depends wildly from government to government. One of my friends' uncles recorded a local city council joking about a corporate fracking for gold. The place is impoverished as gently caress and these people were looking for a hilariously small payout. But the local water table for much of the state would have been poisoned.

Some local governments are generally filled with good people working with limited resources in a largely thankless jobs. But you also have useless seat fillers or people who love sitting on top of their local molehill and abusing the locals.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Absolutely :hmbol: at the fact that Rex loving Tillerson was just like, horrified by the degree of corruption in the Trump administration. Incredible that people like him and Rick Perry are the least bonkers, corrupt, and terrible people in the room.

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

I guarantee you that a good portion of every local government is "local businesspeople" pissed off about whatever minor regulations/taxes they had to comply with. Probably looking to wield them against competitors, too.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/davidenrich/status/1182389542445355019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Wow Deutche Bank is doing something incredibly illegal? I'm shocked. Wow this is my shocked face