Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Apparently a thing happened at the Barking AGM

"'Absolute mayhem' at Barking AGM, member threatens to call police on Hodge"

e: 101, the minimum score needed to win Bully's Star Prize

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

101 is also the number of dalmatians May needed.

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Bundy posted:

lol

quote:

[Hodge’s former councillor ally] was on the microphone shouting, “The meeting’s rigged! The meeting’s rigged!” Margaret Hodge was trying to get involved and [the councillor] shouted that if Hodge pushed her again she was going to call the police.

Edison was a dick
Apr 3, 2010

direct current :roboluv: only

ThomasPaine posted:

We all knew how far it was going to go and the labour leadership's commitment to arguing in good faith with an enemy that has zero interest in doing so has been a consistent failure on their part, and this is coming from someone who is broadly very pro-corbyn

That's the rub though. Our enemies aren't acting in good faith but if we stop then the collateral damage is our comrades.

The smears work because there has been and still is antisemitism in the party.
There's ongoing work to deal with it, but getting defensive is counterproductive.

Enemies may have torn the seams open and fanned the flames for factional reasons but it's our duty to repair things.

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Evening again nightcrew, here's your podcast for the week!

Podcasting is Praxis - Episode 8 - What if the planet, but on fire?

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

Sanitary Naptime posted:

actually popped in here to check where my pod was, thanks. i'm sure i'll agree the gently caress out of it yet again!

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

also how do you make a podcast appear on all the different podcast apps and stuff at the same time, do you just send it to itunes and it gets spread from there? i've asked around and i still don't quite get it.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

gh0stpinballa posted:

also how do you make a podcast appear on all the different podcast apps and stuff at the same time, do you just send it to itunes and it gets spread from there? i've asked around and i still don't quite get it.
You have one site you host it on, and then you tell all the other services where that site is and they pull the file & info from there.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Grazie. :discourse:

E; Rarity is hosting? :swoon:

Ms Adequate fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 11, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Ms Adequate posted:

E; Rarity is hosting? :swoon:

That's right, your girl Rarity is running proceedings this week, by which I mean I make feeble attempts to crack jokes while a bunch of smart people talk about climate science, how the world is hosed, why the world is hosed, XR, Greta Thunberg (:allears:) and the youthstrikes, the Green New Deal and our brand new game: Supervillain or Capitalist, which in my biased opinion was absolutely fantastic. Stick it down your earholes :D

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1182415570366533634?s=20

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Rarity posted:

That's right, your girl Rarity is running proceedings this week, by which I mean I make feeble attempts to crack jokes while a bunch of smart people talk about climate science, how the world is hosed, why the world is hosed, XR, Greta Thunberg (:allears:) and the youthstrikes, the Green New Deal and our brand new game: Supervillain or Capitalist, which in my biased opinion was absolutely fantastic. Stick it down your earholes :D

It was a good episode and you should all be proud!

Also yeah I want to emphasize the point that was made that it's better to set ambitious targets and fall short than set meagre ones and succeed. Say that we fail to get carbon to 0 by 2030 - say that we only manage an 80% reduction by that time, and/or that we get there in 2035 instead, or whatever. Progress is still progress, and it has always been true with the climate (and much else) that the sooner we act, the less we have to do in the long run.

e; Deploying a solar shade at L1 would own though sorry not sorry

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Ms Adequate posted:

e; Deploying a solar shade at L1 would own though sorry not sorry

It would own and would cut down warming but we'd still have to deal with all the other systems we sent out of whack, ocean acidification etc.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Munin posted:

It would own and would cut down warming but we'd still have to deal with all the other systems we sent out of whack, ocean acidification etc.

Oh I don't know if it would do anything for the environment whatsoever, for all I know it could make things worse or Kessler syndrome us into the stone age or something. Its effects have nothing to do with it owning.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
https://twitter.com/MarineTraffic/status/1182542781589442560

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Just came across someone stanning hard for the PRC regarding HK, the dismissing the entire protest movement as western intelligence services causing trouble. Then someone observed plenty of Hong Kongers are protesting and he replied by dismissing them all because "why the gently caress should I care what they think, they were raised with a colonizer mindset?"

If the dude was from the mainland it'd be one thing but he lives in loving Ohio

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
love too protest against an occupying power with my colonizer mindset

Although it probably isn't the best look on the world stage when they're waving the butcher's apron around.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Ms Adequate posted:

Do you really think someone would do that, just go on the internet and lie about being from Ohio?

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Hk peiple are only protesting because LONDON PAYMASTERS bankrolled a 3 million person protest.

Jeremym cornyn leader of the Majority party approved all of this

Purple Prince
Aug 20, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

Just came across someone stanning hard for the PRC regarding HK, the dismissing the entire protest movement as western intelligence services causing trouble. Then someone observed plenty of Hong Kongers are protesting and he replied by dismissing them all because "why the gently caress should I care what they think, they were raised with a colonizer mindset?"

Ah the classic "our imperialism is actually good because it's not Western Imperialism" move. Beloved of regional powers worldwide.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Failed Imagineer posted:

Do you really think someone would do that, just go on the internet and lie about being from Ohio?

Tankies gonna tank

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Western imperialism bad, Midwestern imperialism good.

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Guavanaut posted:

Just wait until you hear their opinions about Middle Eastern imperialism!

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Guavanaut posted:

love too protest against an occupying power with my colonizer mindset

Although it probably isn't the best look on the world stage when they're waving the butcher's apron around.

Criticism of the PRC can also veer into yellow peril territory, depending on who does it (read: right-wing Americans). It's not a good look when you see articles about "the Chinese".

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Bundy posted:

At least it's appropriately named :dadjoke:

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
These antibiotics are giving me weird dreams. Last night I was voted sexist man.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

These antibiotics are giving me weird dreams. Last night I was voted sexist man.

Unsure if typo.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Failed Imagineer posted:

Nah he's a friend of a friend who has confirmed the guy is legit. Said friend was also desperately trying to get the guy to see sense, lol

Guavanaut posted:

Did lol

Miftan posted:

Just wait until you hear their opinions about Middle Eastern imperialism!

Guy is originally from the Middle East so I'm eager for this actually!

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I mean that would be perfectly on point for my dreams lately but yeah that was a typo

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
FHM's 100 Sexist Men (aka their annual staff and shareholders report)

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Ms Adequate posted:

Guy is originally from the Middle East so I'm eager for this actually!

... Where in the middle east?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Braggart posted:

Also I think this might be why it's not being picked up so much in the media is because it's the right side of Labour attempting to backstab each other. How odd.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Boris was gone before we got there :(

https://i.imgur.com/SapvlS6.jpg

ended up wandering a long way up a path before realising there was a spiky gate and barbed wire at the end of it, but we couldn't be arsed back tracking and finding the proper one again so just ended up hopping the fence whilst trying to avoid making eye contact with the news people

https://i.imgur.com/PI7BL81.jpg

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Chuka Umana posted:

Wait so Swinson just wants to revoke article 50 and pretend like the last three years never happened? That seems extremely dangerous for politics and basically gives the future Tories a gift to have Brexit in their platform permanently.

Labour deal + in and out referendum is the only way to go unfortunately.

The lib dems really do loving suck.

If I want to get involved with helping labour in the next election, what can I do?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

alphabettitouretti posted:

If I want to get involved with helping labour in the next election, what can I do?
Join.
Donate.
Call Ian Austin a prick on Twitter.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Gonna join a union too. Is there much difference between GMB and Unite? NUJ is most relevant for me but they're not labour affiliated.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://twitter.com/AnbAntje/status/1182548917348700160?s=20

Sanitary Naptime
May 29, 2006

MIWK!

Glad the fubpees are signifying whether or not they’ve got full blown brain spiders in their usernames now

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Braggart posted:

I got a good sensible chuckle out of this, so thanks

Also, JRF have published a report on winning over low-income voters. Haven't read through it yet, but looks like it could be very interesting/useful, especially given the periodic chatter here about engaging with non/new-voters, why polls are poo poo etc etc

quote:

What you need to know:
  • Low-income voters are a large segment of the electorate, around 9.5 million people; 2.7 million of them can be characterised as swing voters.
  • Low-income voters are still more likely to vote Labour than Conservative, but they are less tribally loyal to one party.
  • Brexit is not the most important issue to most of them: they want action to revitalise the places they live in, opportunities for themselves and their children to thrive, and for their living standards to improve.
What this report shows you:
  • who is most likely to live on a low income in Britain, and their key concerns
  • how people on low incomes voted in recent elections, and the pivotal role they might play in the next one
  • results from a large survey of low-income voters, and a nationally representative sample, to understand the values and attitudes shaping their intentions right now.

Niric fucked around with this message at 09:20 on Oct 11, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chird
Sep 26, 2004

My own mother just sent me a super racist joke about black people. I said it was offensive and racist and she was like 'what's the difference between saying that and saying us Scots are all drunks?'

What is the correct response to this? I'm just kinda reeling she sent it tbh, thanks Daily Mail or whoever turned my folks' brain to mush