Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

pacerhimself posted:

Just lol that anybody thinks he's scheming with donors to pump up the market.

Bigger numbers = better

That's all there is to it

Not implying scheming, just that he only does it so the market goes up and I’m 1000% sure investors game that poo poo like crazy.

I would guarantee at least once someone has whispered into his ear just to bait a tweet that makes themselves some money though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/MikeScarcella/status/1182657815762128896

per curiam judgment haha get hosed trump

e: my bad, Rao did dissent

https://twitter.com/kyledcheney/status/1182658841542103040

eke out fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Oct 11, 2019

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Young Freud posted:

More like the inverse. Wouldn't be surprised if Werwulf inspired the reasoning being setting up Gladio.

Wouldn't be surprised tbh

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

So now he appeals to the Supreme Court, correct?

Where the Supreme Court will laugh him out of the room?

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

The sexual harrasment investigation didn't find anything.

C'mon, you're not this naive, are you?

He was accused by multiple women. At least 3 or 4.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
How is PG&E still allowed to exist?

The very embodiment of privatize the profits socialize the losses.

I know :capitalism: but come the gently caress on

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1182657103804026880

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

So now he appeals to the Supreme Court, correct?

Where the Supreme Court will laugh him out of the room?

he appeals to the supreme court, the supreme court should based on precedent laugh him out of the room but (a) they don't give a gently caress and (b) even if they follow the law they may grant a stay and let trump continue to run out the clock

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

full opinion here

https://twitter.com/steve_vladeck/status/1182659518834073600

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

What's en banc review for those of us not in the know?

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1182546303739404288

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

skylined! posted:

Runic symbols have been coopted by fascists and it's a good bet to be at least suspicious when you see them tatted or displayed

This is extremely silly way of thinking, considering that vikings are currently a cultural fad.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

There Bias Two posted:

an appeals court has some amount of judges - I think the DC circuit is 13 - but only three will hear any particular appeal. instead of appealing to the supreme court you can appeal to have the case heard by the full slate of judges - i.e. all 13 - on the theory that maybe you just got a lovely draw on the panel and the rest of the court would overturn it. so maybe you lost 2-1 originally, but if you win the remaining judges 6-4 you win 7-6 on the en banc review.

it's rarely granted, but then again neither is supreme court review

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

There Bias Two posted:

This opinion was made by three judges out of the entire DC circuit. An en banc review would have the entire circuit review it.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Between the whole Activision Blizzard thing and now Trump getting a twitch channel this is a bad loving look for some of the key powers that be in the current makeup of the video game scene. It really does feel like a hobby I've enjoyed most of my life is in the process of being slowly but surely sold out to political interests. Certain people made (and occasionally still make) all this loving angry noise about diversity in video games with Gamergate and how awful the "politicization" of video games is by daring to depict non white male people in daring roles or positions of power particular groups aren't associated with having in real life, but now China's money over human rights and freedom of speech, and the universe's never-ending insistence in rolling over for whatever Donald Trump insists he wants to do (but you the everyday person are certainly not allowed to) feels much more like the further politicization of something that really shouldn't be.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

evilweasel posted:

an appeals court has some amount of judges - I think the DC circuit is 13 - but only three will hear any particular appeal. instead of appealing to the supreme court you can appeal to have the case heard by the full slate of judges - i.e. all 13 - on the theory that maybe you just got a lovely draw on the panel and the rest of the court would overturn it. so maybe you lost 2-1 originally, but if you win the remaining judges 6-4 you win 7-6 on the en banc review.

it's rarely granted, but then again neither is supreme court review

and, to this point, the DC Circuit hasn't been packed by republicans or trumpists, so there's no reason to think a majority would agree with the batshit dissent by Rao i'm currently skimming that has to create brand new rules with no authority for them to justify why you can't subpoena trump

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Xombie posted:

This is extremely silly way of thinking, considering that vikings are currently a cultural fad.

my dude if ancient India was a cultural fad I'd still say getting a swastika tat is suspect

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Yovanovich appears!

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1182661156944695297

(we thought she would, but even dems were clearly worried and basically telling reporters that they had to wait and see whether she would somehow be blocked by State)

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Zedd/status/1182376966495838208?s=19

Lmao. China and its impotent rage is banning top 10 DJs for liking South Park tweets.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Xombie posted:

Hard to tell if you're being serious here but uhhhhh at least click the slideshow friend.

Obviously context matters but a forearm tat of an odal rune is more likely to be a dogwhistle to other white nationalists, not a shoutout to your favo contemporary historical dramatization TV show or RPG character.

skylined! fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Oct 11, 2019

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Xombie posted:

yeah my boys and i were all drinking flagons of mead the other day and getting rune tattoos because vikings are such a cultural fad

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Xombie posted:

Fascists and white supremacist hate groups have been doing this poo poo with runes regularly since like the late 90s (and surely earlier on a less consistent scale) come on.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Xombie posted:

Silly but hosed up and true! Idiots stealing Nordic symbolism and mythology and bastardizing it to fit their hosed up bigotry has been a thing for a while.

It is literally cultural appropriation, in fact!

My boyfriend has a gazillion runes on his hands and arms and is really apprehensive to visit the states for that reason. Despite the whole “dating a race mixing mixed race demoness” thing.

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Anyone into Norse poo poo is either a Nazi or a neo-pagan and both of those groups are insufferable.

Xombie
May 22, 2004

Soul Thrashing
Black Sorcery

sexpig by night posted:

my dude if ancient India was a cultural fad I'd still say getting a swastika tat is suspect

Comparing an actual situation to a completely not real one you made up in your head and some white supremacist biker dudes to Literally Actual Nazi Germany is some galaxy-brain level false equivalency.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

bowser posted:

https://twitter.com/LordHasan/status/1181939501754720257?s=19

The answer of course is no. Same with the imprisoned members of MOVE. Forgiveness only applies to white people that murder black people.

https://twitter.com/crimethinc/status/1182575514969628672?s=19

:smith:

Nice of Trump to recreate the Spanish Civil War scenario, complete with desperate foreign volunteers

gently caress him so much this poo poo

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Xombie posted:

And the OK symbol has been in no way co-opted by white supremacists, right?

He's not wrong. All of them are jokes

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Xombie posted:

Comparing an actual situation to a completely not real one you made up in your head and some white supremacist biker dudes to Literally Actual Nazi Germany is some galaxy-brain level false equivalency.

Ah yes, the many clear differences between white supremacists in the US who call themselves Nazis and Actual Nazis. For example,

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Xombie posted:

Asking us to not take seriously coopted white nationalist/nazi symbolism on the same page where said symbolism is being displayed by a couple of white nationalists is pretty galaxy brain as well.

What are you actually here to argue about?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Xombie posted:

uh are you american because if you're not you may not be aware that those guys are indeed nazis yes

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Rent-A-Cop posted:

Anyone into Norse poo poo is either a Nazi or a neo-pagan and both of those groups are insufferable.

Seems a little lovely to compare a totally harmless group to Nazis imo

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Look, just because Actual Nazi Germany used those symbols to represent ethnic purity and the Aryan race, and those same symbols are used today by white nationalists in the US to represent ethnic purity and the Aryan race doesn't mean we can draw conclusions about those symbols because there's a show on AMC about Vikings

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
typical libs, you think everyone in favor of a violent authoritarian ethnostate is some kinda 'nazi'!

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Zombie has a history of trolling, just ignore them cause you're never gonna get a "aha" moment out of em.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

Paradoxish posted:

Seems a little lovely to compare a totally harmless group to Nazis imo

how can we forget the untold thousands of fans of ahistorical tv shows about Vikings?!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Himmler was behind the Nazi appropriation of runes as part of his dog's breakfast attempt at creating a religion for the SS. It's a long and very strange story that includes a Nazi archaeology program and a literal castle for the SS occult rites that still stands.

In short if you see some white American shitstain with rune tattoos he's alot more likely to be a fuckin' Nazi than some misguided harmless nord enthusiast.

skylined!
Apr 6, 2012

Seven Hundred Bee posted:

Look, just because Actual Nazi Germany used those symbols to represent ethnic purity and the Aryan race, and those same symbols are used today by white nationalists in the US to represent ethnic purity and the Aryan race doesn't mean we can draw conclusions about those symbols because there's a show on AMC about Vikings

\

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

evilweasel posted:

i wasn't sure if the white house had cleared sondland to testify which is why he was now willing to testify: apparently not, state is still telling him not to and he's choosing to listen to the subpoena and ignore the state department

Good for him for being the first one to realize that getting fired for complying with a subpoena will probably pay off in the end.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
There is an entire culture and history behind those symbols that have zero to do with white supremacy, and it’s real hosed up that racists get to steal culture while decrying diversity and multiculturalism.

Runic symbols aren’t racist, but are employed by racists. Don’t let racists have them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

Trump loses tax appeal, ambassador telling Trump to gently caress off, Happy Friday to us all!