Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
He's at least getting buried alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
So who's excited for Riverdale Nancy Drew?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

I'm excited to see how Jughead dies.

Real death, fake death, or is he coming back as a vampire or an evil twin? All options are equally viable, it's Riverdale!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Real death, fake death, or is he coming back as a vampire or an evil twin? All options are equally viable, it's Riverdale!

it'd be really funny if they bring in the other sprouse as an evil twin storyline

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

sexpig by night posted:

it'd be really funny if they bring in the other sprouse as an evil twin storyline

God that would be great. There has to be some ridiculous way they can work the other Sprouse in, possibly cloning. I want this show to get as weird as it possibly can.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Twin cousins, just like in the comics

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Identical twin cousins would fit this show so well.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Twin Peaks did it 30 years ago so sure why not.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Aw Hell, this stupid show actually made me cry. This was a legitimately good episode.

Also, I had somehow totally forgotten that Cheryl had taken home the stuffed corpse of her dead brother at the end of last season, so that was a real "what in the everloving gently caress?" moment for me.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I was crying like a loving idiot for like 90% of this episode.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

We may as well keep using this thread, so if anyone has new title ideas lmk!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Well, this was a more serious and subdued (by Riverdale standards) episode, we're probably going to have to wait till later in the season for some crazy rear end quotes that would make good thread titles.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea, good and sweet up but also hilariously serious and somber compared to the normal season poo poo what with the actual human life involved and all.

I did get a good laugh out of being reminded that Stuffed Jason is just in play now.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Also, I had somehow totally forgotten that Cheryl had taken home the stuffed corpse of her dead brother at the end of last season, so that was a real "what in the everloving gently caress?" moment for me.

I wonder if there were any non-Riverdale viewers that watched just for Luke Perry who were immediately greeted with that and what they thought.

I'm surprised the episode stuck to the canon and wasn't a straight standalone story. I skipped the season 3 recap on Netflix and forgot why Toni was holding a white baby and Hermione was in prison.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

esperterra posted:

I have the perfect one, but everyone will be mad.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Dad dead, so what?

Honestly though, RIP Luke Perry. He seemed like a swell dude. And his character on Riverdale was also cool.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

1glitch0 posted:

I have the perfect one, but everyone will be mad.

Just say it dude, this is a thread for people who watch Riverdale clearly we have no shame.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Just say it dude, this is a thread for people who watch Riverdale clearly we have no shame.

Drop Dead Fred.

And I'm so sorry, it's a reference to a 90s movie and this last episode made me cry and I know it's in bad taste and I'm so sorry, but when someone asked for an idea for a new thread title that's what popped into my mind immediately. I'm so sorry.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Fred Dead Redemption

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib

1glitch0 posted:

Drop Dead Fred.

Laughing like a drain irl, I love it. Also Rik Mayall is also dead so it double fits.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I知 man enough to admit I lost my poo poo a bit when Brenda Walsh showed up.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

1glitch0 posted:

Drop Dead Fred.

And I'm so sorry, it's a reference to a 90s movie and this last episode made me cry and I know it's in bad taste and I'm so sorry, but when someone asked for an idea for a new thread title that's what popped into my mind immediately. I'm so sorry.

oh lollll. I used to love that terrible movie. Phoebe Cates :discourse:

crepeface posted:

Fred Dead Redemption

lol

RIP Luke Perry tho

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
If people are looking for more Riverdale style garbo, then definitely check out Nancy Drew. Nancy Drew is pretty much just Jughead, Scott Wolf in lieu of Luke Perry as the good-natured father with a possible dark secret, and a whole slew of accompanying characters who at first seem to be boilerplate caricatures (the ditzy rich socialite, the angsty girl with tattoos, the absent minded stoner) but by the end of the first episode it's suddenly revealed they all have some dark ulterior motives. Also I appreciate the idea of Nancy Drew being burnt out on all the teen detective stuff but finding herself constantly being pulled back in and just thinking she's always one day away from retiring from that life and moving on.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

esperterra posted:

FRED'S DEAD, BABY :rip:

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Shoehead posted:

FRED'S DEAD, BABY :rip:

After the 3 title suggestions (including my own), comedy is clearly how we all deal with our sadness.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
RIP Fred.

It was nice to see an episode of Riverdale that was an actual drama and not some crazy poo poo about organ farming or fizzlerocks or whatever the last season was about.

I知 sure they値l ruin it by revealing later in the season that Fred was actually killed by someone paid by Hiram or something.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

SEX BURRITO posted:

RIP Fred.

It was nice to see an episode of Riverdale that was an actual drama and not some crazy poo poo about organ farming or fizzlerocks or whatever the last season was about.

I知 sure they値l ruin it by revealing later in the season that Fred was actually killed by someone paid by Hiram or something.

I don't think they'll do that, but only because a real actual person died whom everyone involved with the show loved and respected. This is the only thing that could possibly cause Riverdale to take it down a notch and keep it down.

I'm sure everything else this season will be balls to the walls bonkers though.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

I thought Archie was going to start beating the poo poo out of that kid in front of his dad for a second.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I figured it was gonna be either a grandmother or a kid.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Real death, fake death, or is he coming back as a vampire or an evil twin? All options are equally viable, it's Crimetown!
Sorry, I was catching up on this thread and had to fix this despite it being awhile back.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I liked when Archie wrote, "my dad was a good tipper" and they cut to Pop saying, "he sure was".

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Twin Cinema posted:

I liked when Archie wrote, "my dad was a good tipper" and they cut to Pop saying, "he sure was".

That makes me think someone in that foursome is a lovely tipper, my guess would be Betty. There's no way Archie is a lovely tipper given his worship of his father, Veronica worked as a waitress, as did her mother, no one in the industry is a lovely tipper, Jughead would clearly skip a meal before eating out when he couldn't tip (I know, in the comics Jughead would never skip a meal, but comics Jughead is also asexual), only leaves Betty, who, as much as I love her, definitely keeps track of how many times she got a refill on her water and adjusts her tip accordingly.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Cheryl is a bad tipper. I love Cheryl, but that's a fact.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I was crying throughout the episode and then it got worse when I saw Madelaine Petsch definitely not-acting at the funeral bawling

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Cheryl writes backhanded advice on the tip line of a receipt. poo poo like "moisturize your t-zone" or "trim your split ends."

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

She has absolutely told a service industry worker that if they wanted to be paid better they should find an other job after being called out for not tipping and then also gotten them fired maybe. I can't deny this truth

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Veronica is the boss, she should pay him better so he didn't need good tippers.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The real question is if Pops is getting good health care coverage from his employer.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

The Maple Barrens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

So Mr Chipping is almost definitely a

(a) vampire
(b) serial killer
(c) cultist
(d) all of the above

And is almost definitely responsible for whatever horrible thing is going to befall Jughead this season.