Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Shadowkeep is the thing to buy right now. Make a goal of "hit 950 power" maybe?

buy Shadowkeep, do its campaign, then do the Moon and Vex Offensive activities mixed in with the same strikes/crucible/gambit maps we've been doing for 1-2 (or more!!) years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Yes. The artifact boost will cap out around +14, putting you at 964 and a 16 point penalty from any 980 content
I thought the pitch of the artifact was that there is no cap?

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48097

quote:

While leveling up and unlocking mods, you will also increase the Power of the Artifact, which will continue increasing until the end of the Season (yes, it is uncapped). Artifact Power adds directly to your overall Power and is account-wide. We are both excited, and a little terrified, to see how high players will manage to raise their Artifact Power during the Season.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Akuma posted:

I thought the pitch of the artifact was that there is no cap?

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/48097

The amount of XP per power level continues to go up. At Seasonal 100, you're looking at ~100 hours of playtime for another level.

Their comment on "3 strikes and four bounties for a Level" refers to Seasonal Track Level, which are the same amount of XP per level.

Love that "Level" means 4 things now

- Power (pka. Light)
- Season Track 1-100
- Artifact 1-12
- Seasonal Power Boost ("infinite" but functionally capped at 14)

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Yeah it’s uncapped. People that are saying “it’s +13 when you get to 100” are just parroting the one person who said he did the K1 Logistics Lost Sector a billion times to get to level 100 on the season pass and when he did he was +13 on his artifact. He never said his artifact stopped leveling there, but everyone took that and ran with it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Nobody thinks it stops leveling there. But you can see the issue with it taking A Real Long Time and how that's functionally pretty similar to "it stops leveling there"??

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Except that we’re 10 days into a 90 day season so no, i don’t see the issue?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Daric posted:

Except that we’re 10 days into a 90 day season so no, i don’t see the issue?

I think you're confusing "it takes too long" with "there's not enough time".

(also, this season is 63 days). Even if the Season spans 1,512 hours, it still takes too drat long when it's the only* way to play 980 content.

Getting to Rank 100/+13 will take ~100 hours of active play time. Then +14 is 110 hours. And +15 is 120 hours. And +16 is 140 hours!

And the biggest laugh is that December 1st, you reset to 950 and you're another 140 hours away from tackling that 980 content again.

*yeah yeah yeah the streamers did it at 900; none of us are streamers

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
The only thing that's definitely uncapped here is GoGoGadgetChris's terrible posting.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

If I wanted to be very generous in giving Bungie the benefit of the doubt, I would expect at some point this season for a quest or usable item or event that greatly increases exp gains for your artifact, similar to the progress boosts for the eriana’s vow catalyst

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

limaCAT posted:

The only thing that's definitely uncapped here is GoGoGadgetChris's terrible posting.

Rude!

Over the coming weeks, the Slow-To-Catch-On folk will each have an "oooooh!" moment where they see what's busted with power progression.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Shadowkeep is the thing to buy right now. Make a goal of "hit 950 power" maybe?

buy Shadowkeep, do its campaign, then do the Moon and Vex Offensive activities mixed in with the same strikes/crucible/gambit maps we've been doing for 1-2 (or more!!) years

Is there a suggested path for those of us that don't want to spend money?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rinkles posted:

Is there a suggested path for those of us that don't want to spend money?

What do you own? Just New Light?

You can get to 900 doing anything and everything. Try it all!

Do as many exotic quests as you can, work on the Season of Opulence "Chalice" upgrade process, work on the seasonal Pinnacle/Ritual guns from Crucible/Gambit/Vanguard, tinker with Forges, etc.

Eventually get to 950 just by doing all the gold-star Twinklies on the space map.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I only bought Destiny 2 on launch.

E: thanks for the directions, I'll do my best to decipher them

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Rinkles posted:

I only bought Destiny 2 on launch.

E: thanks for the directions, I'll do my best to decipher them

Brother I can't imagine being new to the game at this point in its life. The "Quest" tab has a subcategory also called "Quests" and that's Not OK

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
it's kind of frustrating that the Ada and Benedict bounties still have a gold icon despite only giving out legendary gear

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
God these vex weapons are hideous
Also I did a vex offensive and couldn’t interact with any chest and the vex offensive quest didn’t complete
And one of these days I need to check out one of these forge things

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Anyone got a Clan spot on Ps4? I'm McDubsDeluxe, don't feel like going through 65 discords looking for an invite lol

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I think you're confusing "it takes too long" with "there's not enough time".

(also, this season is 63 days). Even if the Season spans 1,512 hours, it still takes too drat long when it's the only* way to play 980 content.

Getting to Rank 100/+13 will take ~100 hours of active play time. Then +14 is 110 hours. And +15 is 120 hours. And +16 is 140 hours!

And the biggest laugh is that December 1st, you reset to 950 and you're another 140 hours away from tackling that 980 content again.

*yeah yeah yeah the streamers did it at 900; none of us are streamers

https://twitter.com/dril/status/1179939996809101312?s=21

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I fell off Destiny 2 after Forsaken bc I didnt give a poo poo about the season of the whatever DLC. Is Shadowkeep worth it or is it "hey remember this?" the DLC?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Calaveron posted:

Also I did a vex offensive and couldn’t interact with any chest and the vex offensive quest didn’t complete
And one of these days I need to check out one of these forge things

Might have been you didn't make the time limit. Aka your pubbies suck severely. Happened to me the other day.

Levelling feels both easier and more of a chore this expansion. I dunno I just keep doing as many bounties as possible in my weeklies and I've gained about 10ll from last week but I can't say I enjoyed much of it.

Only one gambit game was fun. Some idiot decided to bag me after he invaded and truthed me so I got annoyed enough to get 24 guardian kills invading and our team managed to chip away at our primeval just enough for us to win by a bees dick. Ruining their 4 mans day made my dick move but otherwise.

Also strikes need a little something more imo. Dunno what but something and patrols need to count in flashpoints.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Adding a rampage extend mod to breakneck, expecting any type of effect. Did not feel like anything happened.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
https://i.imgur.com/Us8C9FN.gifv

One hit kill stickies are BACK baby awooooooooooooo

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
don't even gotta know where they are

https://i.imgur.com/OjzHKnK.gifv

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.

Calaveron posted:

you might say they are vex offensive!

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Im getting 30 valor per win on a 5 game win streak.

I think the more you reset the less valor you get. I have reset twice now.

Are bungie really this loving tight now? loving hell.

Not to mention i cant find a game in anything but survival and classic. And classic is laggy as gently caress.

Man. They have really screwed the pooch on this one.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
I'm a vex offender

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

CheeseFactory posted:

Not to mention i cant find a game in anything but survival and classic. And classic is laggy as gently caress.

Is this really surprising though? It's loving dumb, so it's full on :bungie:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
where da 920 boss go

https://i.imgur.com/PVEXT91.gifv

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

The scaling also is definitely different to where a 30 point gap won’t be a big deal. Dwitzl and I two manned the 980 nightmare at 930, and it wasn’t really that bad.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

CheeseFactory posted:

I mean you’re the guy that can go undefeated and not die once for like 8 hours. So maybe this is the way it should be? The game is trying to find like minded people for you to play. There are not many.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
It's almost like the PvP gods aren't the focus of the current system, weird.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Judge Tesla posted:

It's almost like the PvP gods aren't the focus of the current system, weird.

It’s almost like a bunch of players get a terrible experience and that includes normies as the game tries to match them up with each other and makes a poo poo laggy lobby

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I kinda wish some of the vendors/NPCs weren’t tucked away in far forgotten corners of the gigantic and awful to navigate towers because I finally loving discovered the black armory

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Calaveron posted:

I kinda wish some of the vendors/NPCs weren’t tucked away in far forgotten corners of the gigantic and awful to navigate towers because I finally loving discovered the black armory
If you highlight a vendor on the map it will lead you right to them.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

No one talks about this.
It sucks having to run a mile just to pick up bounties from two different vendors though

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

It sucks having to run a mile just to pick up bounties from two different vendors though

If you’re just trying to hit up black armory/menagerie/drifter you just can land directly in the annex instead of in the main courtyard

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Well they made eververse accessible from anywhere via the menu so I’m sure they’ll make the bounties easier to snag any day now

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Heeheee man I laugh every time I try to zip over to the Pursuits tab and accidentally (by design) end up staring at the one vendor they have refreshed each season

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D

Blind Rasputin posted:

I mean you’re the guy that can go undefeated and not die once for like 8 hours. So maybe this is the way it should be? The game is trying to find like minded people for you to play. There are not many.

Or i could just jump on someone's else's account for money and rip arseholes all the way to 5500 again. SBMM does nothing to stop this.

The solution should never be "git bad".

Plus the whole valor thing is pretty indefensible. That's just tight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CheeseFactory posted:

Or i could just jump on someone's else's account for money and rip arseholes all the way to 5500 again. SBMM does nothing to stop this.

The solution should never be "git bad".

Plus the whole valor thing is pretty indefensible. That's just tight.

Bungie’s always a bunch of tight-fisted fuckers when they decide players are getting “too much loot”.

See: only getting bright engrams every 5th level now, not even getting bright dust from dismantling all the garbage sparrows & ships that you get from them, or their OG D2 loot-nerf: two tokens and a blue.

It feels weird as hell playing some Diablo 3, there’s just good, usable loot just pouring out of every activity.