Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: GhostofJohnMuir)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

smh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Just need Jorp to complete the suck vortex.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

You are planning a dinner party, and must invite at least 3 of the following guests:

- Ben Shapiro
- Bari Weiss
- Thomas Friedman
- Rahm Emmanuel
- Ross Douthat
- Richard Dawkins
- Jacob Wohl
- Bret Stephans
- Maureen Dowd
- David Brooks
- Both Krassenstein brothers (only counts as 1)
- Tucker Carlson
- Claire Lehmann

Who do you invite?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Sinnlos posted:

You are planning a dinner party, and must invite at least 3 of the following guests:

- Ben Shapiro
- Bari Weiss
- Thomas Friedman
- Rahm Emmanuel
- Ross Douthat
- Richard Dawkins
- Jacob Wohl
- Bret Stephans
- Maureen Dowd
- David Brooks
- Tucker Carlson
- Claire Lehmann

Who do you invite?

Death

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Maybe Dawkins and Ben Shapiro, solely in the hope that one would kill the other one on the off chance the subject ever moved past the evils of Islam.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Sinnlos posted:

- Ben Shapiro
- Bari Weiss
- Thomas Friedman
- Rahm Emmanuel
- Ross Douthat
- Richard Dawkins
- Jacob Wohl
- Bret Stephans
- Maureen Dowd
- David Brooks
- Tucker Carlson
- Claire Lehmann

Who do you invite?

You never said I couldn't kill them so any/all of them.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Sinnlos posted:

- Ben Shapiro
- Bari Weiss
- Thomas Friedman
- Rahm Emmanuel
- Ross Douthat
- Richard Dawkins
- Jacob Wohl
- Bret Stephans
- Maureen Dowd
- David Brooks
- Tucker Carlson
- Claire Lehmann

Who do you invite?

rahm emmanuel, richard dawkins and ben shapiro. i'd then wait for them to start attacking each other with the cutlery.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
bret stephens and his family so I can call him a bedbug

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Sinnlos posted:

- Ben Shapiro
- Bari Weiss
- Thomas Friedman
- Rahm Emmanuel
- Ross Douthat
- Richard Dawkins
- Jacob Wohl
- Bret Stephans
- Maureen Dowd
- David Brooks
- Tucker Carlson
- Claire Lehmann

Who do you invite?

brooks, dowd, and friedman cause i know they're all familiar with the cocktail circuit so they can hold their own, also theyre sycophants that parrot whatever the last host that let them get drunk at their house say

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

I think I'd let the Krassensteins and Rahm yell at Jacob Wohl for a few hours

Sinnlos fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Oct 12, 2019

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Berke Negri posted:

brooks, dowd, and friedman cause i know they're all familiar with the cocktail circuit so they can hold their own, also theyre sycophants that parrot whatever the last host that let them get drunk at their house say
This was my actual answer (but would swap Friedman out for one of the other NYT editorial folks because I think he's almost too dumb to live) before I went with a fake one. I go to dinner parties with people who have bad politics about once a month anyway. Hell my wife listens to pod save america so, you know.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

pangstrom posted:

This was my actual answer (but would swap Friedman out for one of the other NYT editorial folks because I think he's almost too dumb to live) before I went with a fake one. I go to dinner parties with people who have bad politics about once a month anyway. Hell my wife listens to pod save america so, you know.

yeah just got to make sure to hide the good weed from dowd

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I'd pick Dawkins because (theoretically) I could just keep veering the conversation back to some biology minutiae, but the rest of those, wuff.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Sinnlos posted:

- Ben Shapiro
- Bari Weiss
- Thomas Friedman
- Rahm Emmanuel
- Ross Douthat
- Richard Dawkins
- Jacob Wohl
- Bret Stephans
- Maureen Dowd
- David Brooks
- Tucker Carlson
- Claire Lehmann

Who do you invite?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://i.imgur.com/hzFSNoI.mp4

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Sinnlos posted:

- Ben Shapiro
- Bari Weiss
- Thomas Friedman
- Rahm Emmanuel
- Ross Douthat
- Richard Dawkins
- Jacob Wohl
- Bret Stephans
- Maureen Dowd
- David Brooks
- Tucker Carlson
- Claire Lehmann

Who do you invite?

dick dorkins and two ball slams with the door, please

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Sinnlos posted:

horrors

Who do you invite?

clearly you invite all of them and burn your house down for the insurance money

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Sinnlos posted:

- Ben Shapiro
- Bari Weiss
- Thomas Friedman
- Rahm Emmanuel
- Ross Douthat
- Richard Dawkins
- Jacob Wohl
- Bret Stephans
- Maureen Dowd
- David Brooks
- Tucker Carlson
- Claire Lehmann

Who do you invite?

classic trick question riddle, I shoot myself in the head

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/miblogestublog/status/1182800819852402688?s=19

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
peter jackson bought a mayor 😔

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

exmarx posted:

peter jackson bought a mayor 😔

Pretty sure Wayne Gretzky has done that here once. Also backed Stephen Harper and tried to get him re-elected.

I know its very un-Canadian to say but I really hate the loving guy. He is a racist conservative rear end in a top hat.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

https://twitter.com/coherentstates/status/1183126113813352449?s=19

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Caught between two worlds...
i'm proud to announce my constructed habitats in the vacant lot near my house now have a thriving population of newborn earwigs

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

fauna posted:

i'm proud to announce my constructed habitats in the vacant lot near my house now have a thriving population of newborn earwigs

I can ignore 95% of insects, they do important jobs in pretty much every ecosystem after all. But gently caress earwigs. I know they eat aphids, buy once the aphid is gone they eat the plant the aphid was eating anyway making them no better. :colbert:

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Furnaceface posted:

I can ignore 95% of insects, they do important jobs in pretty much every ecosystem after all. But gently caress earwigs. I know they eat aphids, buy once the aphid is gone they eat the plant the aphid was eating anyway making them no better. :colbert:
earwigs seem to have this effect on a lot of people, they're definitely one of the least beloved insects. but not to me! in what can only be a blessing from heaven, my new house happens to have a vacant lot nearby that's used as a nursery site by at least ten species of bird that i've seen so far, so all those earwigs are going straight into the important bellies of bird children

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

fauna posted:

earwigs seem to have this effect on a lot of people, they're definitely one of the least beloved insects. but not to me! in what can only be a blessing from heaven, my new house happens to have a vacant lot nearby that's used as a nursery site by at least ten species of bird that i've seen so far, so all those earwigs are going straight into the important bellies of bird children

this is loving their deaths, not really loving the earwigs per se

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

Cease to Hope posted:

this is loving their deaths, not really loving the earwigs per se
the earwigs get a good life en route to becoming bird food, the presence of juvenile earwigs indicates breeding is taking place and what could be more joyous than that?

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

As Ellen DeGenerate showed us don't trust celebrities

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

wait did trudea actually do the nazi costume

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

wait did trudea actually do the nazi costume

No its a Canadian WWI uniform, someone photoshopped the rest in.

The rest of the uniform. The other pictures are all real.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
today i went to an art walk in the west la neighborhood i grew up in. it was held on a street where someone once attempted to mug me in broad daylight. now there was a pop up tent for lyft and bird scooters and someone was walking around in a sparkling animal skin coat. the bar that perennially had no beer on tap is now closed and the new owner has slapped an ironic sticker over half of the old name of the bar

i stepped into an old salvadoran night club, glad to find it's cheap pupusas, toxically strong margaritas, and fire code violating dance floor still exist. as i devour a $1.50 pupusa revueltas i hear one white girl mutter "i can't believe they don't have nachos" as she walks out with her friend. they'll likely find what they're seeking in the pupusas themed food truck stationed outside. late stage capitalism has killed the neighborhood of my youth and there is nothing i can do

fauna posted:

i was always fine with earwigs, they're one of the insects that never do anything to people. but i did once have literally a thousand earwigs come spilling out of some drip tubing i had brought from an outdoor yard as i set it down in our workshop. it's a sight i'll never forget

Furnaceface posted:

No its a Canadian WWI uniform, someone photoshopped the rest in.

The rest of the uniform. The other pictures are all real.

he just likes to cosplay

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

what the gently caress canada

fauna
Dec 6, 2018

wikipedia told me this about earwigs and now they're my favourites and i will advocate for them

quote:

Earwigs are among the few non-social insect species that show maternal care. The mother will pay close attention to the needs of her eggs, such as warmth and protection. The mother has been shown to pick up wax balls by accident, but they would eventually be rejected as they do not have the proper scent. The mother will also faithfully defend the eggs from predators, not leaving them to eat unless the clutch goes bad. Another distinct maternal care unique to earwigs is that the mother continuously cleans the eggs to protect them from fungi. Studies have found that the urge to clean the eggs persists for days after they are removed; when the eggs were replaced after hatching, the mother continued to clean them for up to 3 months.

The eggs hatch in about 7 days. The mother may assist the nymphs in hatching. When the nymphs hatch, they eat the egg casing and continue to live with the mother. The nymphs look similar to their parents, only smaller, and will nest under their mother and she will continue to protect them until their second molt. The nymphs feed on food regurgitated by the mother, and on their own molts. If the mother dies before the nymphs are ready to leave, the nymphs may eat her.
love your local earwig

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

Next mother's day I will gift my mom some earwigs.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Martha Stewart Undying posted:

As Ellen DeGenerate showed us don't trust celebrities

what's she done? Help cover for a sex pest?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

double nine posted:

Watches sports together with George W. Bush.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

double nine posted:

she was hanging out with dubya

tbh i'm not super into the whole "you are not allowed to have rear end in a top hat friends" tendency which is emerging these days. one thing is that one cannot set a foot wrong for oneself, but to have that extended to everyone one hangs out with seems a little tiresome. dubya's a mass murderer, though, so i guess there's a limit? but that applies to all US presidents. idk, it all seems a bit strange to me

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Nah, gently caress that bullshit.

Any gay person who hangs out with someone like Bush should be spat on in the street and gently caress any person who tries to defend them.

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Nah, gently caress that bullshit.

Any gay person who hangs out with someone like Bush should be spat on in the street and gently caress any person who tries to defend them.

not just gay people