Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Medium Chungus
Feb 19, 2012

tokyo reject posted:

Hahah holy poo poo on Trump's comment about us getting paid for our troops. Can any military goons in this thread weigh in on that? I mean it seems like it would be a big deal to me (as someone who doesn't know poo poo about the military first, or even second hand), but then again wasn't Blackwater all ex-military folk that joined because of the insane pay? Would the average soldier have an issue with this, or is it something that'd probably depend more on the individual?

gently caress the Saudi's. Now and forever. Trump is attempting to rent us out for whatever personal wealth gains he can get out of it and the Saudi's don't give a dusty gently caress about American lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1182875286419005440

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1182876780291604481

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1182878951229788160

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

I wonder what its like to have your father make it so clear you aren't the favorite child.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Wasn't the Sudafed from here in the UK anyway? So he definitely has people buying it for him, I think we'd have noticed if the President strolled into a local Spar while he was on a state visit :v:

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

1stGear posted:

I wonder what its like to have your father make it so clear you aren't the favorite child.

Given Don's "opinions" on his favorite child I think Tiffany's probably just relieved.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
I think that user means the failsons.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Charlz Guybon posted:

Is Popehat right? Is Guilliani literally the worst lawyer to ever live?

https://twitter.com/InspectorHound4...1258%23lastpost

Isn't this a big deal?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Ice Phisherman posted:

George HW Bush during his presidency didn't know what a bar code scanner was when he visited a grocery store during his presidency despite it being around for years. A lot of wealthy people are very out of touch with how everyone else lives.

he was at a grocer's convention and was looking at a bunch of new scanners and some dude at the new york times ginned up an editorial from a pool report

NYT still poo poo even back then

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Charlz Guybon posted:

Isn't this a big deal?

It should be. Will it be? Who the gently caress knows.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Charlz Guybon posted:

Is Popehat right? Is Guilliani literally the worst lawyer to ever live?

https://twitter.com/InspectorHound4...1258%23lastpost

Which article is that from?

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers
https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1182887331805777921

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

drop out and run as an R, you poo poo head.

In retrospect, her plan as a councilwoman to redistribute the wealth of the 1% homeless was a red flag.

Fill Baptismal
Dec 15, 2008

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

he was at a grocer's convention and was looking at a bunch of new scanners and some dude at the new york times ginned up an editorial from a pool report

Yeah evidently it was like an experimental new scanner, and he got kind of a bum rap.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

The most disgusting part of this is the crowd reaction. It makes me loving sick.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Dammerung posted:

I think Iran has ships and planes too.

Better yet they have ship-planes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTIoezhRS3g

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

Cool, but do they have plane-ships?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Rabble posted:

Yep, Trump tried to extort a foreign country for dirt on a political rival and China to do the same during a presser. The same tactic he used when he asked Russia for dirt on Clinton.

Not only that, but he sold out our allies in northern Syria for god knows what Erdogan promised him (wanna see that transcript) and is sending troops into Saudi Arabia to act as hired mercenaries.

Trump is a corrupt piece of poo poo that only cares about himself and is an active threat to the United States of America.

Oh, it's much better than that. Erdogan pressured to call America's bluff on defending the Kurds and Trump wussed out like the spineless coward he is. The reason we left them out to dry is because the leader of the free world has a yellow streak wider than the Hoover dam

Dammerung posted:

Cool, but do they have plane-ships?

Ship-planes when they take off, plane-ships when they land.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

The Glumslinger posted:

Which article is that from?

NYTimes

https://twitter.com/jonallendc/status/1182838922617020421

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

Okay, consider that unlearned and consider that NYT is still poo poo.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hanging his hat on the idea that if the president does it, it's not illegal, so if he did it on orders from the president, it wasn't illegal for him either.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

It really is as if most of them can't even comprehend anything they did was bad or illegal. They were born with a Silver Spoon so far up their rear end all they know is people are screaming at them but they can't comprehend why. Obviously Trump can't but Rudy seems in that camp as well where he's in his own world where up might as well be down, black is white, etc.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

RandomBlue posted:

The most disgusting part of this is the crowd reaction. It makes me loving sick.

Makes me wonder where America goes from here. It's been revealed that a large proportion of the whole population has ideas of "good" and "bad" that are literally incomprehensible to another huge chunk of the population. What do we do with that knowledge?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Tree Bucket posted:

Makes me wonder where America goes from here. It's been revealed that a large proportion of the whole population has ideas of "good" and "bad" that are literally incomprehensible to another huge chunk of the population. What do we do with that knowledge?

Defeat them overwhelmingly, and then marginalize them. Make their kids embarrassed that their parents ever supported anything so vile.

In a word, de-Nazification.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Tree Bucket posted:

Crush them like Reagan crushed us, pack the court, grant representation to a bunch of territories, kill anonymouse holds and filibuster entirely, re-ratio the house.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Tree Bucket posted:

I dunno if that large population believes wrong is right or if they just lean that way because "My team". There's a portion of society that thinks wrong is good, but I think the larger portion that defend it are just playing team politics much like how they play team religions

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Tree Bucket posted:

There has always been a small percentage of nutjobs. The John Birch Society has been around since 1958. Father Coughlin was thrown off the air in 1939. America First.

They seem larger because they're in the limelight now, with Trump as their guiding light.

This is as much influence as they're ever going to get.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Oct 12, 2019

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Alkydere posted:

It really is as if most of them can't even comprehend anything they did was bad or illegal. They were born with a Silver Spoon so far up their rear end all they know is people are screaming at them but they can't comprehend why. Obviously Trump can't but Rudy seems in that camp as well where he's in his own world where up might as well be down, black is white, etc.

He had a traumatic brain injury and has never been the same since.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Charlz Guybon posted:

He had a traumatic brain injury and has never been the same since.

Yeah I know that. I guess I really didn't explain myself properly:
-Trump lives in Trump Land, a delusion of his own creation
-Trump's family are trapped in Trump Land.
-Rudy's TBI means he lives in Opposite Crimeland where Crime is Law and Law is Crime.

The issue is, to me at least, that everyone else around them seems utterly lost and trapped in Trump Crimeland, simply pulled in by the sheer gravitational pull of the delusion and unable to escape. Lured in by a populist president and then trapped by their own greed and corruption.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/TheDweck/status/1182940202261565442

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

That last line is pretty loving ominous. It's starting to look like there's a "Twitter isn't orders" contingent in the Pentagon. That's a different kind of ominous

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

mllaneza posted:

That last line is pretty loving ominous. It's starting to look like there's a "Twitter isn't orders" contingent in the Pentagon. That's a different kind of ominous

Well Twitter doesn't mean poo poo, and it would be extremely dangerous for the military to consider it as a valid avenue for orders. For one thing, it's well known that Donald isn't the only person that posts under his name. As far as I know, the entire military is in that contingent.

VH4Ever
Oct 1, 2005

by sebmojo

Truly if there's any karmic justice, Trump will have a heart attack next only his will be fatal.

But there's not so he'll probably die at 115.

VH4Ever fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Oct 12, 2019

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Kaal posted:

Well Twitter doesn't mean poo poo, and it would be extremely dangerous for the military to consider it as a valid avenue for orders. For one thing, it's well known that Donald isn't the only person that posts under his name. As far as I know, the entire military is in that contingent.

I hope so.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty
That release doesn't really seem like anything especially ominous to me. I don't speak militarese, but I'm pretty sure we saber-rattle a lot more directly when we want to scare someone. It reads like a kinda pissy memo from an office mate. I'm not sure what the plan is haha there isn't one but it seems like Trump will probably just order a full withdrawal because he's the worst.

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
So how is this 'orders' situation supposed to happen? This seems to be, for me, one of the stupidest, idiotic, etc. things done.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Props to them, but this is pathetic, the DNC and every major presidential contender should be ashamed to have not spent more than this on this issue.

https://twitter.com/palafo/status/1182770654229286912

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Ershalim posted:

That release doesn't really seem like anything especially ominous to me. I don't speak militarese, but I'm pretty sure we saber-rattle a lot more directly when we want to scare someone. It reads like a kinda pissy memo from an office mate. I'm not sure what the plan is haha there isn't one but it seems like Trump will probably just order a full withdrawal because he's the worst.

That is extremely direct for the US military.

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Charlz Guybon posted:

That is extremely direct for the US military.

That's fair. I'm probably desensitized by the CIC saying poo poo like fire and fury the world has never seen and poo poo. Is there reason to think the military will take action on its own?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Ershalim posted:

That's fair. I'm probably desensitized by the CIC saying poo poo like fire and fury the world has never seen and poo poo. Is there reason to think the military will take action on its own?

The reason would be Turks shelling their men with artillery. The military, any military, in all of history, has generally frowned up their men being attacked with lethal force.

Also, lol

https://twitter.com/nickconfessore/status/1182682144491081730

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ershalim
Sep 22, 2008
Clever Betty

Charlz Guybon posted:

The reason would be Turks shelling their men with artillery. The military, any military, in all of history, has generally frowned up their men being attacked with lethal force.

I mean, is there reason to think that they'll aggressively attack the Turkish forces instead of abandoning the area entirely? It's vague as poo poo what the plan is, but the guideline seems to be a full withdrawal, with the Turkish incursion being intended to expedite that. Do you think there's a reason to assume that the relatively small force stationed there would attack Turkey (edit:) rather than just gently caress off and leave?

Ershalim fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Oct 12, 2019