Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Darkest Auer posted:

Just for the record, I don't give a poo poo about the Uighurs or Tibetans or any specific ethnic group, this poo poo is all about how the CCP is oppressing the entire population of China

*said while examining my cuticles* actually I loving love genocide, I only pretended to hate it to trigger you. are you triggered yet? owned much?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

skull gif is under the impression that basically everyone in the forums is a gcs regular

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBmoQSHfO2U

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/isaacstonefish/status/1182420513685147648
https://twitter.com/ianbremmer/status/1182703317421613056

Stocking
Jul 24, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyNyHark4xk

imagine he say Xi instead of me

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Fuxkinhug

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Imagine if you will an army army of liberals wearing Hillary masks wagging their fingers and shouting "shame!" at an army of fascists in Trump masks wielding guns.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
HKCC students held anti protest professor in his class for 5 hours and shined laser on him while demanded "dialogue".

https://coconuts.co/hongkong/news/college-lecturer-held-in-classroom-over-harsher-punishments-for-anti-government-protesters/

Yep, that gives me flashback of the 1960s.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1182937896795246593

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Not going to defend anything. But just a comment from someone is who a true crime genre fan. You have to go to hospital to a do a rape kit immediately after the alleged rape to collect physical evidence. Once the victim is showered, you pretty much have to rely on external evidence for prosecution.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Mantis42 posted:

Maybe colloquially, but ethnic cleansing can mean 'merely' forcefully relocating an ethnic group.

yeah, but unless you're *really* careful about where you're relocating them, you're just changing the mass grave location lol
e:

LimburgLimbo posted:

Nobody made this point.

You’re completely misunderstanding context because, I have to emphasize, you’re someone who apparently knows nothing about Asia lecturing people who have lived their for significant portions of their lives and are very familiar with a variety of the local languages and cultures.

Sit down.

welp you're right i went back and read that part again and the post that prompted those pictures said pretty much the opposite, which i missed the first time, sorry.

Truga has issued a correction as of 12:51 on Oct 12, 2019

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

seems bad

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

When so called leftists start sharing the same foriegn policy goals as ghouls like Lindsey Graham and Ted Cruz maybe they should rethink their politics. Not trying to start another america derail in the china thread but anyone who isnt living in China or SE asia could better spend their efforts on more productive local issues.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

could really go for that violent crackdown rn

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Darkest Auer posted:

Just for the record, I don't give a poo poo about the Uighurs or Tibetans or any specific ethnic group, this poo poo is all about how the CCP is oppressing the entire population of China

Darkest Auer posted:

Unless you go to a hospital that specifically caters to foreigners they will just tell you to get out, doesn't matter if you're dying or not. You might have a chance to get some treatment if you have a Chinese friend with you, but then again, if you go to Number 888 Nongmin Hospital the doctor will say that diabetes doesn't exist, you just need to get your qi in order and give you a huge bag of random medicine, some of which might contain actual medicine instead of asbestos and tiger penis.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

wtf is wrong with this guy

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

lol

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

mila kunis posted:

China

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mila kunis posted:

gbs

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

People are denying genocide in Xinjiang because the facts aren't consistent with a policy of trying to wipe out a nation, by any means. Not in body or culture. There's all sorts of other comparisons that could be made, like Japanese internment during WW2 or the Mau Mau concentration camps in British Kenya - where people were rounded up en masse as suspected fifth columns. But China's policies just aren't consistent with other genocides in the historical record. Forcing Uighurs into becoming party loyalists and indoctrinating them with Chinese civic ideology may be hamfisted and draconian, but it's not a genocide.

This talk matters, because if what's happening in Xinjiang is of equal import to the Holocaust or the Armenian genocide, like bloodnose tries to put it - then it behooves us to end it. That means sanctions, it means war, and it means regime change. If you're not willing to overthrow China and liberate the Uighurs, then you're not really serious about the problem of genocide. bloodnose at least, as a state department lackey, is ideologically consistent. That's a lot more than can be said for other posters itt who view the Uighurs as just another weapon in their posting wars.

If there's an actually existing genocide going on in Xinjiang, then screaming at people for being genocide deniers while not being willing to attack the Chinese state only normalizes genocide as a matter of course in international affairs.

"oh yeaaaah, if you really care about genocide why don't you do something about it? Unlike me, who thinks its cool and good"

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/60Minutes/status/1183044831276425216?s=20

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Truga posted:

yeah, but unless you're *really* careful about where you're relocating them, you're just changing the mass grave location lol

speaking of graves

https://twitter.com/ajplus/status/1182284647092240384

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

look its not genocide its *checks notes* cultural genocide, totally different thing so im as bad as those other deniers haha

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

People are denying genocide in Xinjiang because the facts aren't consistent with a policy of trying to wipe out a nation, by any means. Not in body or culture. There's all sorts of other comparisons that could be made, like Japanese internment during WW2 or the Mau Mau concentration camps in British Kenya - where people were rounded up en masse as suspected fifth columns. But China's policies just aren't consistent with other genocides in the historical record. Forcing Uighurs into becoming party loyalists and indoctrinating them with Chinese civic ideology may be hamfisted and draconian, but it's not a genocide.

This talk matters, because if what's happening in Xinjiang is of equal import to the Holocaust or the Armenian genocide, like bloodnose tries to put it - then it behooves us to end it. That means sanctions, it means war, and it means regime change. If you're not willing to overthrow China and liberate the Uighurs, then you're not really serious about the problem of genocide. bloodnose at least, as a state department lackey, is ideologically consistent. That's a lot more than can be said for other posters itt who view the Uighurs as just another weapon in their posting wars.

If there's an actually existing genocide going on in Xinjiang, then screaming at people for being genocide deniers while not being willing to attack the Chinese state only normalizes genocide as a matter of course in international affairs.

thank you for explaining genocide with the care and nuance it deserves

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
hey as a regular not china watcher sorta guy, when you want a video of hooded people being forced into busses en mass because of nothing more than what you believe, removing those people from an area, and purposefully destroying their culture, of course it's a genocide what the gently caress is wrong with you

also really good to look at ongoing genocide not being stopped as proof it's not genocide as if all of human history has never happened

some of you people are loving appalling

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

imo it's cool that people can accurately recognize and diagnose when a chud is reflexively denying and dismissing what's happening at the ICE child rape camps, then turn around and use near-identical arguments to deny and dismiss what's happening at the Chinese desert brainwash camps because their country good

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
it's normal, it's all normal, unlike America, who *checks notes* colonized Taiwan with 5,000 english teachers

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

you see there was this guy called ataturk........

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Bro Dad posted:

you see there was this guy called ataturk........

Go back to pyf you loving gamer gate nazi scum

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Modest Mao posted:

it's normal, it's all normal, unlike America, who *checks notes* colonized Taiwan with 5,000 english teachers
Still salty about the Taiwan stuff from like 20 pages ago lol

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Terminal autist posted:

Go back to pyf you loving gamer gate nazi scum

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Tom Smykowski posted:

Still salty about the Taiwan stuff from like 20 pages ago lol

When China did it they sent well over a million people, didn't allow natives to participate in government, banned broadcast of the native dialect and imprisoned or executed about 140,000 people.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

Modest Mao posted:

When China did it they sent well over a million people, didn't allow natives to participate in government, banned broadcast of the native dialect and imprisoned or executed about 140,000 people.
Telling me about the shittiness of the kmt doesn't make you seem less salty, man

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

drat bro you sure owned me with that inscrutable meme im gonna go lurk kiwi farms and 8 chan and so I can understand your dank memes

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Terminal autist posted:

drat bro you sure owned me with that inscrutable meme im gonna go lurk kiwi farms and 8 chan and so I can understand your dank memes

why do people always post like this when they're upset

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

lol you totally got me bro great joke but seriously i am NOT crying

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Tom Smykowski posted:

Telling me about the shittiness of the kmt doesn't make you seem less salty, man

When Japan did it they had a little over 300,000 japanese living there, with pretty strict martial law.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

Bro dad playing 3d chess in this genocide thread

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Autism Sneaks posted:

if the Blizzard subforum is Free Hong Kong now then I propose C-SPAM change to One China

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

Bro Dad posted:

why do people always post like this when they're upset

Yes its me the extremly not mad guy who compiles, catalogues, curates posts for the onsite kiwifarm containment thread. Im so not mad that I made several posts in the china thread to elicit a response so I could show all my other stalker weirdo friends. You really seem like you care about this alleged genocide for someone who wraps themself in irony