Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ice Phisherman posted:

George HW Bush during his presidency didn't know what a bar code scanner was when he visited a grocery store during his presidency despite it being around for years. A lot of wealthy people are very out of touch with how everyone else lives.

this isn't entirely accurate, it was a fancy-schmancy scanner with some new features that the grocery dudes showed off to him

https://www.apnews.com/61f29d10e27140b0b108d8e12b64b839

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Does he think witch hunts are usually 2-sided? Like the witches... hunt back?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Shrecknet posted:

Does he think witch hunts are usually 2-sided? Like the witches... hunt back?

Witches are like predators. They got cloaking and lasers.

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Tim Whatley posted:

Mass shooting an hour ago at a church here in NH. The church was full for a funeral of a pastor who was shot and killed a few days ago. America.

It feels to me like someone is imitating the double tap, which has been made popular by the military. Kill someone, or many someones, then kill people at the funeral. It's wildly disruptive to the social fabric of a community and if applied widely, a society, if people are assassinated and then people can't grieve afterwards.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
I can't watch these Trump rally clips for longer than 5 seconds. It's like the AUG thread when someone posts a nerdlinger youtube clip or something. I can't stand to listen to or look at Trump at all.

He's in that realm of "people I can't stand to even hear speak" that's occupied by people like Sean Hannity, Nancy Grace, Ben Shapiro and Pat Robertson. Even reading transcripts from Trump rallies hurts my brain and lately I've just been scrolling his twitter posts in this thread.

I've been teetering on the edge of this for a good while but "my unmatched wisdom" was the tipping point. And to think, the State of the Union speech is approaching. My god.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Kill Bristol posted:

I think Barr is probably just a true believer. I think the GOP is more full of true believers than we’d imagine in general.

True believers in WHAT? I think they're true believers in money and power, but in any specific ideology I don't think so. All the good con artists are leaving because they see how poo poo is going, the former good con artists are getting up there in age and getting dumb. And they're trying to protect the dumbest man on the planet. And it's just all falling apart. The con has worked for a long time because everyone involved has understood it's a long con. You can grift, you can con, but you have to keep the status quo and be smart. But then dipshit comes in and is just trying to a short con where you leave town in the middle of the night with a bag of money you got out of the local rubes, but you can't leave town when you're president of the united states and the town is the planet.

I don't know which way things are going to go, but I think we are really finally coming to the end of this chapter.

Literally the least of my concerns at the moment.

Also, someone needs to photoshop that with lawnmower kid.

1glitch0 fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Oct 12, 2019

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

BiggerBoat posted:

I can't watch these Trump rally clips for longer than 5 seconds. It's like the AUG thread when someone posts a nerdlinger youtube clip or something. I can't stand to listen to or look at Trump at all.

He's in that realm of "people I can't stand to even hear speak" that's occupied by people like Sean Hannity, Nancy Grace, Ben Shapiro and Pat Robertson. Even reading transcripts from Trump rallies hurts my brain and lately I've just been scrolling his twitter posts in this thread.

I've been teetering on the edge of this for a good while but "my unmatched wisdom" was the tipping point. And to think, the State of the Union speech is approaching. My god.

I'm unable to watch anything related to him or the right wing media without my eyes and brain violently rejecting it. I've gone way past "this person has bad opinions" into sheer delenda est.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1183058592716541957

Perfectly normal Presidenting.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Strange Poon posted:

Trump just whines about the "Deep State" and suggests some actions but never does anything about it. Like if the rot was as coordinated, deep, and dangerous as Trump portrays it as he should be taking radical action by now. Hilarious.

What, you're not aware of Q-Anon?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

yeah this is what I figured, Rojava being forced to p much surrender to Assad because living under a fascist boot is better than being slaughtered pointlessly

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BiggerBoat posted:

Please don't become your AV. :ohdear:

But for real, unplug for a while. If you have the day off, just... step away from the computer. If you're seeing this on a mobile and able to do so, just put on spotify or whatever music player you use (I have a preference for the BlackPlayer EX since I still buy like 90% of the music I listen to off of Bandcamp or Google Play) and take a walk for like an EP, an album or a playlist, depending on your condition/health.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

https://twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1183064459725721600

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

remember when they literally just wrote "DO NOT CONGRATULATE" and he couldn't handle that

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

quote:

The individual said that when Trump is done with the note cards, he often rips them up and tosses them in a burn bag. Staff who handle records have had to retrieve the burn bags from the residence, put the papers out on a table and tape them back together to preserve them as official presidential records, this person said.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
Trump is a absolute loving dimwit and is probably going to destroy America due to his outright blatant stupidity, and people in the country are too ignorant to care about that.
That's my rant for the day. I look forward to the talking heads in four years time saying "of course his brains were leaking out, everyone knew that"

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Trump. Can’t. Read.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

I genuinely can't wait to see his library

The Super-Id
Nov 9, 2005

"You know it's what you really want."

Grimey Drawer

sexpig by night posted:

I hope it’s wallpapered with pictures of bored rally attendees and has an exhibit that’s just a pile of the discarded fast food containers from the dinners he hosted.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mahoning posted:

Trump. Can’t. Read.

I wonder if the people immediately around him have at least privately admitted this is true. Because it is true.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

sexpig by night posted:

Libraries are for losers. It's going to be an old style VHS adult video store.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I know I half joke half serious believe a lot of conspiracy theories but I unironically do believe Trump can't read. I think he literally possesses the ability but his eyes are so old and shot and he's such a vain little bitchman he refuses to wear glasses that he functionally can't make anything on a page out.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Madkal posted:

Libraries are for losers. It's going to be an old style VHS adult video store.

well poo poo then I'm gonna be at the trump library a lot

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

The Super-Id posted:

I hope it’s wallpapered with pictures of bored rally attendees and has an exhibit that’s just a pile of the discarded fast food containers from the dinners he hosted.

It’s going to be a pile of ashes, repeatedly

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Wark Say posted:

Please don't become your AV. :ohdear:

But for real, unplug for a while. If you have the day off, just... step away from the computer. If you're seeing this on a mobile and able to do so, just put on spotify or whatever music player you use (I have a preference for the BlackPlayer EX since I still buy like 90% of the music I listen to off of Bandcamp or Google Play) and take a walk for like an EP, an album or a playlist, depending on your condition/health.

What, an incurable alcoholic or eaten by a shark?

I unplug a bit from time to time but I'm like a junkie who's surrounded by heroin. I live in NE Florida and there a LOT of Trumpists here along with mega church going types who constantly trigger my desire to use. I don't mainline it as of now, I'm just snorting it and scheduling off days and down hours to control my disease. I have an 8 year old son whose future concerns me a great deal and, like most people, am overworked, underpaid and feel utterly powerless. I work 40-50 hours a week and am still in debt, much of it from my son's medical bills brought about from his epilepsy.

I listen to a lot of comedy and funny podcasts at work to at least keep me laughing so I'm not "using" 24/7. It's just frustrating is all. This president is a loving joke and a criminal and was a criminal joke before the election who never should have been taken seriously on any level, let alone elected. The american populace is a dangerous combination of willfully stupid, terribly under educated and overworked and busy to the point of a sort of desperate ignorance that's almost impossible to ignore.

I feel sometimes like I live on an island where I'm the only person who thinks that FB, Twitter, reality television and Instagram are all poo poo poison - teetering on the edge of being a cranky old man - and just can't figure out where people's loving priorities lie anymore or how to relate to a world where 2 out of every 5 of people not only takes this President seriously, but think he's AWESOME. Roughly half the people I speak to about it suggest I either go to church, work harder or get therapy (as if I can afford therapy). I DO suffer from depression but at what point is it my illness and at what point is it genuinely depressing poo poo? These loving rallies, man. And tweets...I just...this is the president of the united states not some radio jockey or cable access loon.

I'm just floating in the sea after the Indianapolis sinking, watching people around me screaming while being eaten and hoping none of those sharks feel like biting me next even though they're nibbling and circling.

TL/DR: Quint went down fighting

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

I know I half joke half serious believe a lot of conspiracy theories but I unironically do believe Trump can't read. I think he literally possesses the ability but his eyes are so old and shot and he's such a vain little bitchman he refuses to wear glasses that he functionally can't make anything on a page out.

Uh, he reads teleprompters.

He's incredibly lazy and incurious, he can't be bothered to read documents because there aren't TV cameras or a cheering crowd to reward him for wheezing through teleprompter lines. He doesn't get any narcissistic supply of attention so he's not going to read anything.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

He can read, but it takes a ton of mental effort for him to do and he's lazy as poo poo so he avoids it if possible. When it isn't possible like when he's going off a teleprompter he has demonstrated that he can't read and think at the same time.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pellisworth posted:

Uh, he reads teleprompters.

He's incredibly lazy and incurious, he can't be bothered to read documents because there aren't TV cameras or a cheering crowd to reward him for wheezing through teleprompter lines. He doesn't get any narcissistic supply of attention so he's not going to read anything.

Yes, he reads the large projected words directly in his face

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
He’s absolutely functionally illiterate.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:
Absolutely yes, you can argue over whether it's more correct to say that Trump CAN'T read or DOESN'T read or WON'T read but the result is the same.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i dont think is actualy illiterate but i think he is so incurious and up his own rear end in a top hat with his giant ego that he doesn't view it as needed.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Neo Rasa posted:

Absolutely yes, you can argue over whether it's more correct to say that Trump CAN'T read or DOESN'T read or WON'T read but the result is the same.

He started as a lazy moron rear end in a top hat with NPD, and went into steep cognitive decline on top of that, so you can't really overstate how defective his brain is in TYOOL 2019. At most you're just a little ahead of the curve.

E: and people never stopped trying to read tactics into his random bullshit lmao

sean10mm fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 12, 2019

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea again to be clear I think Donald Trump does literally posses the ability to read the english language, I'm just saying if you put anything in front of him not projected in big bright letters he's not loving reading it.

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
https://mobile.twitter.com/SierraClub/status/1182734019173203968

olylifter
Sep 13, 2007

I'm bad with money and you have an avatar!

sometimes he eats documents instead of tearing them up - https://www.newsweek.com/trump-ate-sensitive-document-after-cohen-meeting-former-white-house-aide-1069399

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I encourage you to stop for a minute and consider that we're having a serious discussion about whether the President of the United States can read.

hellworld

kitten smoothie
Dec 29, 2001

The day he stops using Fox News chyrons as the source material for his tweets is the day I know he’s gone fully illiterate.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
Does anyone remember a story about Trump from sometime before 2016 where he figured out his messaging by listening to the people who called into right wing radio (not the hosts) and parroting their crazy poo poo back at them?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

The Super-Id posted:

There’s going to be multiple Trump libraries. Trump will lease his name to a bunch of grifters who will open up the TRUE AND HONEST President Trump library to take advantage of his dumb as poo poo base since they buy anything with his name attached like the Trumpy Bear

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

hey you know how our national parks system is one of the few things America has to be genuinely deservedly proud of?

gently caress it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I loving hate those racists pricks at sierra club, but that is sad.