Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?

Modest Mao posted:

When Japan did it they had a little over 300,000 japanese living there, with pretty strict martial law.
Ya Japan and the kmt both were bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Terminal autist posted:

Yes its me the extremly not mad guy

hello

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
drat, dude walked into that one

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

rabble rabble posted:

hey as a regular not china watcher sorta guy, when you want a video of hooded people being forced into busses en mass because of nothing more than what you believe, removing those people from an area, and purposefully destroying their culture, of course it's a genocide what the gently caress is wrong with you

also really good to look at ongoing genocide not being stopped as proof it's not genocide as if all of human history has never happened

some of you people are loving appalling

The point isn't that "there must not be a genocide if nobody is doing anything to stop it," the point is that if you're not willing to stop it by endorsing an assault on the Chinese state then you're not taking the problem of genocide seriously. According to bloodnose this is a problem of equal gravity to the Holocaust, so if you're not willing to stop THE HOLOCAUST then all you're doing is reducing genocide to a mere shibboleth that you can use to browbeat people online.

China is fascist, China is doing blood & soil nationalism, Xinjiang is the 21st Century genocide. Well poo poo, if all that is true then why shouldn't we be doing everything we can to do a regime change in China? All of that means China is the greatest purveyor of evil in the world.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

People are denying genocide in Xinjiang because the facts aren't consistent with a policy of trying to wipe out a nation, by any means. Not in body or culture. There's all sorts of other comparisons that could be made, like Japanese internment during WW2 or the Mau Mau concentration camps in British Kenya - where people were rounded up en masse as suspected fifth columns.

I'm legit curious as to what you think happened at the Mau Mau concentration camps. Because if the chinese are treating the uighurs like the british treated the kenyans then yes, the international community should seek to stop that immediately.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Alhazred posted:

I'm legit curious as to what you think happened at the Mau Mau concentration camps. Because if the chinese are treating the uighurs like the british treated the kenyans then yes, the international community should seek to stop that immediately.

Oh believe me I know. However, if things really were as bad as the Mau Mau concentration camps then people wouldn't have to make up weird poo poo like "they're torturing people with snakes" or "look at these CCP officials forcing old grannies to drink Jagermeister."

All of the desperate lying should be a huge red flag.

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
Its about ethics in genocide denial

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

You can't do regime change in China because they have nuclear weapons. Unless something major happens internally you're stuck with China as-is, crimes and all.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Alhazred posted:

if the chinese are treating the uighurs like the british treated the kenyans then yes, the international community should seek to stop that immediately.

again, yes, that's the point

the fact that the international community is dicking around with satellite images and individual Senators doing photo ops with protests in a city that isn't even directly tied to Xinjiang means that they're either being deliberately disingenuous when they describe the Uighur situation as a genocide, or they don't care that it actually is a genocide beyond what political hay they can make of it

now, the latter isn't exactly implausible given all the other poo poo that the international community is willing to let happen, but that China isn't getting a pass speaks to the moral inconsistency of the thing

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
wonder what the gamer reaction would be if blizzard/the nba/whatever got swatted down by the us government and had a bunch of sponsorships pulled for taking a strong moral stand against the american empire's actions. not that that'd ever happen lol

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

is there any reporting or analysis about the uighurs' treatment in china that an american can read that isn't from a western propaganda institution that has been lying for decades to further what william blum called the ongoing "american holocaust"

this is an unironic request b/c western institutions have so thoroughly eradicated their own credibility there's basically nothing i can believe anymore except analysis and reporting from people who acknowledge the prior observations of which there is a very scant few lol

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Terminal autist posted:

Yes its me the extremly not mad guy who compiles, catalogues, curates posts for the onsite kiwifarm containment thread. Im so not mad that I made several posts in the china thread to elicit a response so I could show all my other stalker weirdo friends. You really seem like you care about this alleged genocide for someone who wraps themself in irony

what the hell are you talking about

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Terminal autist posted:

Its about ethics in genocide denial

It's american neoliberal / neocon ideology writ large

Look, these folks are rapidly modernizing and it's becoming clear they're just not gunna fit into the system we've set out for them. Either we let them be terrorists or we go in gently caress around here and there with their way of life and human dignity. The US used violence to achieve its ends and in its place China is using anti-islam and cultural dilution. This was going to have to happen anyway if these people want to be better integrated into China as a whole, hands are tied might as well look the other way since honestly, there's nothing new to see here

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

mila kunis posted:

wonder what the gamer reaction would be if blizzard/the nba/whatever got swatted down by the us government and had a bunch of sponsorships pulled for taking a strong moral stand against the american empire's actions. not that that'd ever happen lol

https://twitter.com/SamHustis/status/1182469667270488064?s=20

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

mila kunis posted:

i'm pretty that's what is actually happening

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the NBA and blizzard want to tamp down on anti-chinese statements... which american political elites and gamers cannot allow

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Rocky 3 but Rocky is like 'ey yu no I don't get asked nuthin about Eyeran Contruh

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
cant wait till the gamers find out that the nba plays the national anthem of the usa before so many games, and what america has done over the hears

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/joshuawongcf/status/1182569698753503232?s=19

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
https://twitter.com/CarlZha/status/1182937896795246593

drat china better watch out the zodiac killer is in hong kong!!!!

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

lmao jfc these people are pathetic "waaaah our specialness!!!"

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Marty_Caine/status/700351866937483264?s=19

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Let me tell you somethin'. Hong Kong is the greatest city in the world. It's my city. I started as a kid on the streets, and now I'm on top.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/LibertasLady/status/1129731108642480130?s=19

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lmao HK people have these uber-mensch superiority delusions.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

etalian posted:

Lmao HK people have these uber-mensch superiority delusions.

the british made them feel special okay?!

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

mila kunis posted:

the only thing funnier than activision making its ends coming and going using Blizzard as an entry to asia and then selling Call of Duty to enraged americans every year is people claiming to have been Gamers For Thirty Years say they

--dont know what call of duty is
--pretend that activision blizzard is separate entities rather than one big loving company

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
mainlander friend sent me this, he's biased as hell but even so; is this real or actually in hong kong or some faked video? wtf

warning, man being beaten by a mob so dont watch if you're squeamish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFwGqF3QlVc

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
yeah looking back on it becoming a city in china was probably a bit of a bellweather of becoming a city in china

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

Willie Tomg posted:

the only thing funnier than activision making its ends coming and going using Blizzard as an entry to asia and then selling Call of Duty to enraged americans every year is people claiming to have been Gamers For Thirty Years say they

--dont know what call of duty is
--pretend that activision blizzard is separate entities rather than one big loving company

that said its really funny that rich corporations and sports owners are getting squashed between the twin demands of making more money and kowtowing to state department policy

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

mila kunis posted:

that said its really funny that rich corporations and sports owners are getting squashed between the twin demands of making more money and kowtowing to state department policy

yea. like, hey: don't get me wrong i'd love nothing to come of the whole hearthstone flareup more than the Annual Warcrime Fantasy Sim disappear. i somehow doubt thats on the menu of possibilities though

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
wizards of the coast needs to take a strong moral stand on HK and get everyone from the perfidious hearthstone into mtg arena :pray:

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Terminal autist posted:

Yes its me the extremly not mad guy who compiles, catalogues, curates posts for the onsite kiwifarm containment thread. Im so not mad that I made several posts in the china thread to elicit a response so I could show all my other stalker weirdo friends. You really seem like you care about this alleged genocide for someone who wraps themself in irony

I wish i was that dedicated to posting tbh

Dont Touch ME
Apr 1, 2018

The obvious solution to genocide in a backwater central Asian region is obviously to destabilize China. China always does really well when there's no discernable hegemon. I'm sure there will be zero consequences of giving the meibanfa boomers in charge of the party an excuse to fight each other for dominance.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

comedyblissoption posted:

is there any reporting or analysis about the uighurs' treatment in china that an american can read that isn't from a western propaganda institution that has been lying for decades to further what william blum called the ongoing "american holocaust"

this is an unironic request b/c western institutions have so thoroughly eradicated their own credibility there's basically nothing i can believe anymore except analysis and reporting from people who acknowledge the prior observations of which there is a very scant few lol

I have never seen a mainland source discussed the Uyghur topic. I have seen a KMT linked Taiwanese geopolitic show discussed it in death and it got into the reasoning behind it. It's in Manderin.

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

mila kunis posted:

mainlander friend sent me this, he's biased as hell but even so; is this real or actually in hong kong or some faked video? wtf

warning, man being beaten by a mob so dont watch if you're squeamish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFwGqF3QlVc

Of course its real. Who else can roll off Cantonese profanities like poetry? And it was not the first time.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i love the "blizzard is fighting protracted peoples war against western imperialism" take so much because it's so stupid and makes everyone angry. some random warcraft discord im in standard unironically discussing if chris metzen is a 3rd world maoist or not

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Whos steve kerr

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

i love the "blizzard is fighting protracted peoples war against western imperialism" take so much because it's so stupid and makes everyone angry. some random warcraft discord im in standard unironically discussing if chris metzen is a 3rd world maoist or not

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

uh oh

stinky!!! :D