Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Do we know how many episodes the dorohedoro anime is going to have? Or how much of the manga it will cover?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

ninjewtsu posted:

Do we know how many episodes the dorohedoro anime is going to have? Or how much of the manga it will cover?

Most adaptations of finished manga cover the whole series. Its not like Dorohedero is an extremely long series either. Granted that doesn't mean they might try and cram it all into 12 episodes, but since all of the stuff in the trailer is from the earlier parts of the manga, I don't think this is the case.

IShallRiseAgain fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Oct 12, 2019

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Multiple seasons of Dorohedoro; I'm guessing up the first one's up to the reveal of The Boss.

(Shameless advertisement to the manga thread I made)

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
Beastars is weird but cool and No Guns Life is just cool.

Special 7 is bland, but I'm hoping that's just because the first episode had to introduce everything.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Watched overly cautious hero and it was pretty funny. Most of that was the goddess though.

Also watched iruma kun but I haven't watched the second episode yet.

Definitely going to watch Bookworm though, I really liked the first two episodes.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

No Guns Life was p much ALL setup, and I don't really go for the tone of this kind of thing, so gonna wait and see on this one. I like Jyuuzo at least. He easily coulda been such a walking cliche and he still kinda is, but he gets to be shy and doofy at times and that goes a lil toward making him more likeable.

Plastic_Gargoyle
Aug 3, 2007

So uh, what's this about Average Isekai having a rape joke in the first episode?

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Plastic_Gargoyle posted:

So uh, what's this about Average Isekai having a rape joke in the first episode?

There is one. It's more to make fun of a genre trope, if that makes it more palatable.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

About fifteen minutes into Stars Align I realized that something was off, and that this anime about a sport I had never heard of was going to rip my heart out. It then immediately proceeded to do so. I think I'm ready for this ride but I'm still reeling.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Pootybutt posted:

No Guns Life was p much ALL setup, and I don't really go for the tone of this kind of thing, so gonna wait and see on this one. I like Jyuuzo at least. He easily coulda been such a walking cliche and he still kinda is, but he gets to be shy and doofy at times and that goes a lil toward making him more likeable.

If you've been wanting to watch some nice cyberpunk noir, it should scratch that itch pretty well from what I remember of the manga. Jyuuzo is kind of a walking cliche--but cliche is comfortable.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
No Guns Life thus far pushes a certain button that series like BBB, Big-O, and Cowboy Bebop do, so I've got high hopes for it.

I can't really articulate what it is, just a feeling that they give off that somehow feels like extremely my thing.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Kemono Michi is great fun.

Ranzear
Jul 25, 2013

Grouchio posted:

Elias made a cameo in No Guns Life!? :aaaaa:
(Or Vice Versa?)

Just clever splicing of frames.

I still get a kick out the comparison.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Paracelsus posted:

No Guns Life thus far pushes a certain button that series like BBB, Big-O, and Cowboy Bebop do, so I've got high hopes for it.

I can't really articulate what it is, just a feeling that they give off that somehow feels like extremely my thing.

I think I know exactly what you mean, I was getting the same kinda vibe off it :hmmyes:. Also if you like BBB, go read the manga. The series misses some of the best stories even with the (admittedly excellent) second cour.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Ranzear posted:

Just clever splicing of frames.

I still get a kick out the comparison.

That second NGL image looks like eva to me

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the shambling corpse of shaft announced a new anime, and its a collab with a director from that other living dead studio, gainax, called Shouji Saeki who you might know from having directed all the gainax anime people don't care about.

its an adaptation of a series of those dress up dolls, except rather than the usual creepy faces these also got guns that look like they came from gears of war and mechas, so its probably an action anime

this one is just nico

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe it's because you said "The Shambling Corpse of Shaft" right at the start, but I took one look at that poster and can't stop thinking "Aren't those two basically Madoka and Homura with slightly different hairdos?"

Davincie posted:

this one is just nico

But what's her level of Nico-nii♪ ? :raise:

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
drat, now we have two Shouji Saeki shows coming up. Good poo poo

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
well that's not march lion season 3 at all

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Maybe it's because you said "The Shambling Corpse of Shaft" right at the start, but I took one look at that poster and can't stop thinking "Aren't those two basically Madoka and Homura with slightly different hairdos?"

Lol, I had the same thought.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Wark Say posted:

But what's her level of Nico-nii♪ ? :raise:

:same: though I don't know how much of that is conscious- it almost feels like a trope at this point that a pair of girls that love each other consists of a short-pink haired girl and a long-black/purple haired girl.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I should get to watching it myself, but most people I've known who actually watched Pleaides liked it, so this could be good depending on the freedom the staff has.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Also sorry Ibble, I kept on forgetting to add your thread to the OP :sweatdrop:

quote:

Kono Yuusha ga Ore Tueee Kuse ni Shinchou Sugiru (Shinchou Yuusha)
White Fox | Masayuki Sakoi | Kenta Ihara | Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy | Light Novel | Oct 2, 2019
Goddess Ristarte, the savior of the super hard-mode world Gairbrunde, summons a hero to her aid. The hero, Seiya Ryuuguuin, holds the cheat-rank status, but he is ridiculously cautious. For instance, he would buy three sets of armor: one to wear, a spare, and a spare for the spare. Beyond keeping an absurd amount of item stock, he remains in his room for muscle training till he reaches the max level and fights slimes at full power just to stay on the safe side.
PV
Thread

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Julias posted:

:same: though I don't know how much of that is conscious- it almost feels like a trope at this point that a pair of girls that love each other consists of a short-pink haired girl and a long-black/purple haired girl.

i think it's just, that character designers tend to like giving shorter, cuter characters pink hair and tall, quiet ones black hair

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Colonel posted:

i think it's just, that character designers tend to like giving shorter, cuter characters pink hair and tall, quiet ones black hair

I mean yeah, it's a dynamic, like how you often have the hot blooded shonen character associated with red and the cool calculated rival associated with blue.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Rifle is beautiful isn't anything groundbreaking but the first episode was pretty good 4 koma comedy.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Davincie posted:

the shambling corpse of shaft

Is there a particular story behind this? I know that there's been a marked lack of SHINBO in my life over the last few years, but I never saw anyone talk about the studio collapsing or anything. Also haven't they been doing March Comes In Like a Lion?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

last time this came up in context of grandbelm, chibiusa/pluto got cited as an example of the dynamic so you've already covered nearly three decades back with that alone

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Paracelsus posted:

Is there a particular story behind this? I know that there's been a marked lack of SHINBO in my life over the last few years, but I never saw anyone talk about the studio collapsing or anything. Also haven't they been doing March Comes In Like a Lion?

there's a small bit of detail on it in sakugablog's early fire force writeup: https://blog.sakugabooru.com/2019/07/02/fire-force-production/

quote:

Even if you take a reductionist, studio-centric approach to the situation, there’s an elephant in the room and it’s tilting its neck. Studio SHAFT… or rather not SHAFT, since Fire Force’s staff is chockful of people who’ve left the company. The situation over there is far too complicated to summarize it in a tangentially related article, but it’s hardly a secret that over the years they’ve been losing invaluable talent, and the phenomenon’s only gotten worse as of late. I’ve approached certain individuals and even though there’s not much that can be publicly disclosed, I can at least say the concerning rumors about SHAFT that were making the rounds months ago have some important truths in between the fan speculation. Additionally, the long list of creators whom people presumed had cut ties with SHAFT was pretty much spot-on – and that included a director who’d leave behind a real wound.

quote:

Again, without intending to rub salt on SHAFT’s wound, it’s undeniable – and has been privately reported by staff members – that the studio is managed in a tremendously inefficient way, and that affects everyone’s output negatively. Be it projects taking longer than they reasonably should or getting rushed out while everyone’s work is still half-baked, it’s obvious that SHAFT’s environment has acted as a limiter for many of its creators, no matter how talented they were.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

So you predict there's no more monogatari seasons despite there being more LN material being pushed out? Like Ararararagi going to college?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
rifle is beautiful is okay

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

an actual dog posted:

About fifteen minutes into Stars Align I realized that something was off, and that this anime about a sport I had never heard of was going to rip my heart out. It then immediately proceeded to do so. I think I'm ready for this ride but I'm still reeling.

I was super confused because I though the show was about tennis but I watched it and idk what the gently caress kind of half assed tennis this is but it sure aint tennis.

Here's a quick explainer for those too lazy to google: https://www.liveabout.com/soft-tennis-3208195
tl;dr: Balls are half as heavy, have less air pressure, and rackets are strung with less tension. Popular in Japan and Korea, but nowhere else.

About the show itself, it starts off pretty fun. Really well animated and has some pretty solid direction. We haven't seen a lot of the character but even the side characters are fun and have a decent amount of personality. But the whole "Ill pay you monthly plus bonus if you play in the club" wasn't endearing at all. Really awkward at best.

Then suddenly, domestic violence. What the gently caress. I think I see where this show wants to go and I don't know that I want to follow.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i really hate it when stories approach heavy and personal themes

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

its called stars align because when a serious subject comes up, i align myself in the opposite direction and walk away!!

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i can think of reasons why someone might not want to watch a show featuring domestic violence

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
yeah sorry about that i kinda jumped too quick there

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

thats fair

its called kemono michi rise up because i rise up and walk away!!!!

Triggerhappypilot
Nov 8, 2009

SVMS-01 UNION FLAG GREATEST MOBILE SUIT

ENACT = CHEAP EUROTRASH COPY

its called love live because i love live

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Paracelsus posted:

as dog said, a lot of big names at shaft are leaving. there was a big rumour post a while ago i can't easily dig up again that summed it up but it comes down to a lot of old talented staff leaving for greener pastures, adn new replacement staff not being as good. of course shinbo will always be there (and they'll always keep making gatari) but as a whole the studio is not in good health

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Almost forgot about the shonen juggernaut

quote:

Boku no Hero Academia 4th Season (My Hero Academia Season 4)
Bones | Kenji Nagasaki ; Masahiro Mukai | ... | Action, Comedy, Super Power, School, Shounen | Manga | Oct 12, 2019
Fourth season of Boku no Hero Academia.
PV
Thread