Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?

Angepain posted:

look I know we have very important news events to discuss these days, but I wanted to take a moment for a recent development which has shaken me to the core.

I just had a Chocolate Orange and the whole experience was distinctly underwhelming. Have they changed the recipe so that it no longer tastes of anything? Have I outgrown my childish love of chocolatey sweets? Has Miftan been embedding subliminal anti-Terryist messages into his forum posts? This is very disturbing. More research may be needed.

Try the chocolate orange flavoured popcorn you can get from tesco (so I don't have to)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Who the gently caress actually even is she? She seemed to just appear on my timeline one day a couple of years ago. Is she actually anyone of note or just a random with opinions?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

You are very good

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Former do-nothing Labour councillor who "quit over antisemitism" (read: jumped before she was pushed for being useless). Shameless self promoter, but not very good at it, mostly operates by posting takes so hot and bad other people quote tweet them to dunk on her, thus spreading her name around.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Steve2911 posted:

Who the gently caress actually even is she? She seemed to just appear on my timeline one day a couple of years ago. Is she actually anyone of note or just a random with opinions?
iirc a former Labour councillor who left the party in protest against anti-semitism, purely coincidentally just before she got fired for not showing up to anything
e: fb ^^

beautiful

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Steve2911 posted:

A former labour councillor who did absolutely gently caress all and then resigned over antisemitism and thinks she's famous for it, but instead she's famous for being full of herself

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Sanitary Naptime posted:

Yeetman finally nuking her own account is hilarious, but she better rereg before the election so I can see her melt down in real time

if labour win there will be no argument from these types they'll just get in line and be happy for approximately 3 days before the coup attempts start again

also her thing about how its hard to be anti-racist who is accused of racism is the most ironic thing i've read this year

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

And to think, we'd never have had this joyous occasion if her very hot takes hadn't been shared here!

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Steve2911 posted:

Also has a really amazing superpower of posting incredible self-owns that totally discredit her actual points but doubling down and remaining inexplicably smug when people point out the obvious issue, creating nuclear hot rage in me and my loins according to most of the thread, apparently

Hentai Jihadist posted:

if labour win there will be no argument from these types they'll just get in line and be happy for approximately 3 days before the coup attempts start again

also her thing about how its hard to be anti-racist who is accused of racism is the most ironic thing i've read this year

Nah, she isn't Labour now, she's CUK and has thrown her lot in wholesale with the 'Corbyn is Hitler' types. She'll melt down gloriously at a electoral victory.

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Oct 12, 2019

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Can't find what triggered weetman's exit from the twittersphere. What was her hot take this time, did she blame racism on there being too many foreigners or something?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Lord Stimperor posted:

Can't find what triggered weetman's exit from the twittersphere. What was her hot take this time, did she blame racism on there being too many foreigners or something?

https://twitter.com/RuairiWood/status/1183023201468735488?s=20

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Lord Stimperor posted:

https://twitter.com/wariotifo/status/1183127647292940288

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Ms Adequate posted:

And to think, we'd never have had this joyous occasion if her very hot takes hadn't been shared here!
A solid point for the case that this thread should be open to scalding poo poo fbpe takes.

ThomasPaine posted:

Also has a really amazing superpower of posting incredible self-owns that totally discredit her actual points but doubling down and remaining inexplicably smug when people point out the obvious issue, creating nuclear hot rage in me and my loins according to most of the thread, apparently
Slid into her DMs, then she slid off of Twitter. A modern day Romeo and #FBPEt.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/wariotifo/status/1183126943140646913

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/AllisterHeath/status/1183124231699288064?s=19

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Just been looking at photos etc a friend (more of an acquaintance really - middle class, probably archetype libdem though I don't know how she votes, yummy mummy) who has been at the Extinction Rebellion protests posted and wondering why they (the XRers) couldn't get this excited about the impact of austerity on the very vulnerable.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Guavanaut posted:

Slid into her DMs, then she slid off of Twitter. A modern day Romeo and #FBPEt.

are you saying I need to do a racism and cancel myself too now :(

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Just been looking at photos etc a friend (more of an acquaintance really - middle class, probably archetype libdem though I don't know how she votes, yummy mummy) who has been at the Extinction Rebellion protests posted and wondering why they (the XRers) couldn't get this excited about the impact of austerity on the very vulnerable.

Because austerity didn't affect them but climate change will, not to mention their kids

(yeah, I think it's that simple)

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

ThomasPaine posted:

not to mention their kids

This is an important aspect, especially for the upper middle classes. No one except the ultra rich will have any kind of legacy.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I mean I'm hoping this gets shitcanned, because I know I'm hosed. £75 for a passport and there's no way it'd be cleared in time. £34 for a provisional license, and I'm somewhat optimistically assuming that'd be enough because I can't loving drive.

God help anyone for whom £75 is an unimaginable amount of wealth.

winegums
Dec 21, 2012

Is it too much to hope that racist old boomers don't carry their drivers license because "in 700 years of voting Conservative I've never had to prove whomst've I am!!",

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

winegums posted:

Is it too much to hope
No, to the contrary.

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I mean I'm hoping this gets shitcanned, because I know I'm hosed. £75 for a passport and there's no way it'd be cleared in time. £34 for a provisional license, and I'm somewhat optimistically assuming that'd be enough because I can't loving drive.

You can get a PASS card for £15, they count as ID right?

https://www.citizencard.com

I'm just hoping my old passport is okay, because I changed names and haven't gotten around to updating it yet

Jinkii
Jan 17, 2011

I pointed out that the electoral commission was running surveys on this 2 months ago and the response i got was "Only 1 of the 8 regressive measures they propose are collection issues".

Jinkii
Jan 17, 2011
Well unless they change the acceptable ID standards i will be fine with my CSCS green card photo ID

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

Hentai Jihadist posted:

Remember when Laura K said after the last election result "the only winner from this is Jeremy Corbyn"? Apparently the liberal world has forgotten because most of the responses to the quote from McDonnell about stepping down are idiots trying to argue he should have resigned in 2017. I can't imagine what it must be like for Corbyn and his team because I find all this disingenuous bad faith bullshit incredibly exhausting. Having to repeat Labour's Brexit policy over and over and over again while almost the entire political commentariat cry that they can't hear it over the sound of the FBPEs shifting the goalposts would be enough to make me lose it in a matter of weeks, I'm amazed that Corbyn can keep going.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Yeah without a free compatible ID scheme to go with it this is straight up voter suppression. The logical next step of waging austerity war on the poor - those that managed to survive everything thrown at them so far now get to choose between food or voting out the Tories. Fuckers.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
Showing ID has been standard in Northern Ireland for as long as I have been voting.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Dig out an old swimming certificate from school or a note you got left one Christmas by Santa thanking you for the mince pie and carrot you left out for him and demand they accept it imo.

crispix fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Oct 13, 2019

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Reminder that the Tories literally cannot pass a bill giving themselves a break for a conference, never mind some regressive bullshit voter ID (it'll be part of the clearly political Queen's Speech and then immediately forgotten).

I had a nightmare last night the tories won a 150+ majority and it was loving awful.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

crispix posted:

Showing ID has been standard in Northern Ireland for as long as I have been voting.

Dig out an old swimming certificate from school or a note you got left one Christmas by Santa thanking you for the mince pie and carrot you left out for him and demand they accept it imo.

Having a large number of things that count as ID doesnt make it any less of a barrier to the most vulnerable.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Literally every thing the Tories announce from now until the election should be reported by the press as “Government announces thing that will not happen.”

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

"Government Attempts To Announce"

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/labour-support-students-brexit-corbyn-lib-dems-green-party-vote-a9084001.html

quote:

The YouthSight survey, of nearly 1,000 students, reveals that support for Labour has plummeted from 70 per cent, of those who said that they were likely to vote, in February 2018 to 38 per cent.

If literal college students vote for the lib dems again, I'm sorry to say it but your country deserves austerity and everything it gets.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

That doesn't track at all with stuff posted in these threads over the last months, Labour's support is extremely high among the young and the Lib Dems are languishing far behind.

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
That's a relief then

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
I hope it isn't real.

Also, I was having trouble working out why what Weetman said was racist, before it finally clicked that "Oh no, she isn't just talking about MP's in parliament... she's specifically talking about Black female MP's isn't she as if there is no difference and fuuuuuck".

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Josef bugman posted:

I hope it isn't real.

Also, I was having trouble working out why what Weetman said was racist, before it finally clicked that "Oh no, she isn't just talking about MP's in parliament... she's specifically talking about Black female MP's isn't she as if there is no difference and fuuuuuck".

Yes, if she had just substituted the word 'MP' for the word 'one' there wouldn't have been an issue, and that would have been so easy to do. The fact that it's so nonchalant and that she refuses to accept there's an issue is 100x worse than if she'd just said 'oh yeah, my bad' and apologised, because it clearly shows her inner biases - she genuinely can't see the problem. That she continues to see herself as some sort of anti-racist campaigner despite clearly having the most superficial understanding of what racism is speaks volumes about her and the company she keeps, honestly. The difficult bit is working out which are the cynical right-wingers using faux progressivism to punch left, and which are the true believers who've convinced themselves they're doing the right thing. I'm also loving how the 'anti-racist JC is Hitler' brigade and the fubpees (the venn diagram here is basically a circle) are showing themselves to be everything they accuse labour of: cultish bullies with zero self-awareness and quite often a healthy dose of racism sprinkled in.

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Is Bohnson's deal likely to be accepted? I'm having trouble gauging what's going on and the reporting in the papers seems particularly wank. Isn't it just a worse version of May's deal?

I guess if the EU allows it it's then down to whether it gets through parliament... but I think he doesn't have a majority any more? TIA

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

knox_harrington posted:

Is Bohnson's deal likely to be accepted? I'm having trouble gauging what's going on and the reporting in the papers seems particularly wank. Isn't it just a worse version of May's deal?

I guess if the EU allows it it's then down to whether it gets through parliament... but I think he doesn't have a majority any more? TIA

No idea about the EU but highly unlikely to pass parly

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

My (Labour) MP has had 40,000 leaflets delivered saying "Labour will not vote for a Tory Brexit", so I'm hoping that's the party line

e: gently caress, I'd convinced myself that was true, but then I dug out the leaflet and it's about as melty as I'd expect from a chicken-coup coward who voted to bomb Syria.

Of course, you could interpret this as never voting for a Tory deal, because lol at the idea of Boris even knowing that Halifax exists.

Tarnop fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Oct 13, 2019

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

this is the answer to Brexit
one by one bring everything that already makes NI different over to the rest of UK. next up: nationalised trains

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
What do people think is the key to a good life?