Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Starting to think that Allison might not have come up with the best possible plan.

e: sniped, here's the page: https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1182872430081122304

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

... This feels like a plan cooked up by some half-cocked PCs riding high on Mountain Dew and pizza.

I'm sure it will go great.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

"I can't believe that stupid excuse actually worked"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

JAILBREAK

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I hope the guard/administrator is panicking because "holy poo poo, they just knocked out another guard/administrator and stole their clothes" and is just lying as badly as he's being lied to. Try to lead them to others as backup and whatnot

Maximum chaos option, let's get everyone and everything fighting

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

wait zaid isnt in jail...

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I hope Princess also has some pants that say PANTS

King Crab
Nov 12, 2005

lets pretend i didnt say that and lets als0 pretend it isnt inevitable

Phy posted:

I hope Princess also has some pants that say PANTS

They should say BOTTOM.

She is too powerful.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

My headcanon is that guy is also trying to sneak in, hence the flop-sweat.

Also the real heroes of this page are Princess' eye-abs.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Rotten Red Rod posted:

A random fluke were they ran into someone who also knocked out and changed clothes with a guard for their own dumbass reason. I like it.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Guy's actually just drunk as gently caress and horrified he'll be found out. He was actually on his way to pass out in that very alcove.

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013

Rotten Red Rod posted:

... This feels like a plan cooked up by some half-cocked PCs riding high on Mountain Dew and pizza.

I was just about to say. This feels like that moment right when the PCs set their amazing plan into action without telling the GM what they're doing, and the GM is just sat there thinking "ah gently caress, how do I roll with this without it ending in a party wipe?"

Boron_the_Moron fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 12, 2019

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Related to Fei or unrelated, I am pretty sure I would read a regular comic if you did one, thank you for posting this one here.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
This entire plan has furious dumbass written all over it. I love it. I also loving love Princess. Wonder what her next level up would look like, she'd be green or gold yeah?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

habeasdorkus posted:

This entire plan has furious dumbass written all over it. I love it. I also loving love Princess. Wonder what her next level up would look like, she'd be green or gold yeah?

Devil progression goes pale-blue-red-green-gold-ebon. So yeah, green's next.

Cio upgrading to red could be interesting, if she ever finds a reason to do so.

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Oct 12, 2019

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Twenty Four posted:

Related to Fei or unrelated, I am pretty sure I would read a regular comic if you did one, thank you for posting this one here.

Same, this has been really cool to read.

The people who make it to the final will have basically written a full arc, might as well start a comic!

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

love it when the guards roll a 1 on their sense motive checks

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Mr. Lobe posted:

love it when the guards roll a 1 on their sense motive checks

tbqh this highlights the biggest problem with PE, which is that you're just gonna be trash on everything not built on one of your stats

guards can't do wisdom rolls well because they have to put all their points into STR/DEX/CON and can't afford it

if they don't have proficiency in sense motive they're just hosed

smdh no character diversity, 3.5e was the last good D&D

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Darth Walrus posted:

Devil progression goes pale-blue-red-green-gold-ebon. So yeah, green's next.

Cio upgrading to red could be interesting, if she ever finds a reason to do so.

Iirc changing one's mask drastically alters their personality, so it might not be great if that happened.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

There Bias Two posted:

Iirc changing one's mask drastically alters their personality, so it might not be great if that happened.

Sure, but Princess seems to have handled it fairly gracefully.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Begemot posted:

Starting to think that Allison might not have come up with the best possible plan.

e: sniped, here's the page: https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1182872430081122304

Nyave:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

This is pretty much what happens when the PCs try a sneaky plan then remember halfway through that nobody has any ranks in Bluff.

Duodecimal
Dec 28, 2012

Still stupid

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Princesses "I can't believe I live in a universe dumb enough for this to work" facepalm :allears:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Captain Oblivious posted:

Princesses "I can't believe I live in a universe dumb enough for this to work" facepalm :allears:

The universe isn't dumb, the universe (aka YISUN) is bored, and it rewards the kind of stupidity that yields entertaining results (cf. the stories about Aesma).

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Needs to be made into this gif.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cat Mattress posted:

The universe isn't dumb, the universe (aka YISUN) is bored, and it rewards the kind of stupidity that yields entertaining results (cf. the stories about Aesma).

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Oh good she's managed to get into the swing of punching things, everything'll be fine.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i fuckin love Nyave and Princess' innocent faces

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

"Now Nyave, this plan hinges on one very important thing: you're brown."

- Alison, probably

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Rotten Red Rod posted:

This is what I'll believe until proven otherwise.

They'll wonder lost for a bit because they both expecting the other to be leading the way, but end up right they need to be storywise.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

I'm starting to think the "guard" they bumped into is also trying to infiltrate and is just going with it. The now unconscious one was much more confident in his position and didn't have that tattoo after all...

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Rotten Red Rod posted:

"Now Nyave, this plan hinges on one very important thing: you're brown."

- Alison, probably

There's approximately a 50% chance that Nyave will turn out to be one of Solomon's kids.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what? no. shes the daughter of a petty king in mottom's realm

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

jng2058 posted:

I'm starting to think the "guard" they bumped into is also trying to infiltrate and is just going with it. The now unconscious one was much more confident in his position and didn't have that tattoo after all...
"okay does ANYONE here ACTUALLY work for Solomon???"

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Tollymain posted:

what? no. shes the daughter of a petty king in mottom's realm

yeah, and her gate was closed until Mottom came barging through.

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011
I'd like to think that exactly 0 people are fooled by Allison and her retinue. Setting aside the whole name of God as a sharpened stick thing, there's also the famously least fun angel and some fools resembling the crew from the Mottom heist. Also, Gog Agog has not exactly been using 1/7 of the world's subtlety.

Perhaps nobody wants to be the first to suggest that 2+ gods are being real dicks about this whole tournament affair.

Kei Technical fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Oct 13, 2019

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

the OTC is officially into the quarters, as it's now into four 2v2 matches.

blastron
Dec 11, 2007

Don't doodle on it!

habeasdorkus posted:

the OTC is officially into the quarters, as it's now into four 2v2 matches.

I’d still call this top-8. Same number of people are going to be eliminated as if it weren’t teams, and I would put money on the next round breaking up the teams and pitting them against each other despite their newfound friendships.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
I spent the time between rounds making a second epilogue for my comic because I guess I'm a glutton for punishment.

Round 3 is gonna be a fuckin trip. This is my teammate's Round 2 submission, which had me cackling