Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Killed WCW?
Eric Bischoff
Hulk Hogan
Vince Russo
Jerusalem
View Results

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

sean_bateman posted:

Was that the night the stooges came out to Real American? Because I remember marking out for it

iirc yes. I was heavily invested at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

It was their theme for a while, if memory serves. Right down to Hogan poses and red and yellow lighting.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Remember when wcw were so shook by Dave that they burned an issue of the wrestling observer on television

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Remember when wcw were so shook by Dave that they burned an issue of the wrestling observer on television

That wasn't an issue, brother, that was a rag sheet

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

overmind2000 posted:

That wasn't an issue, brother, that was a rag sheet

I loved Hogan saying "Observe this, brother"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I loved Hogan saying "Observe this, brother"

And then immediately putting over the internet and their scoops, that entire segment was great

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Also giving a WW3 win to an injured Savage to own the journo.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Top 5 things hulk hogan said in wcw

1. It’s not hot
2. The internet’s got the scoops, brother
3. That big stinky giant
4. New World Organization
5. That’s Andre’s shirt

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Blast Fantasto posted:

1. It’s not hot
3. That big stinky giant
5. That’s Andre’s shirt

What about when he called himself Wood

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

triplexpac posted:

What about when he called himself Wood

Ahahaha I forgot about how hard he tried to make that a thing

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Blast Fantasto posted:

Ahahaha I forgot about how hard he tried to make that a thing

when I first heard the promo, I thought it was an MRT hahah joke but holy poo poo it was real and Hogan would not stop talking about his dick.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

coconono posted:

when I first heard the promo, I thought it was an MRT hahah joke but holy poo poo it was real and Hogan would not stop talking about his dick.

Wood’s War Bonnet

Price Check
Oct 9, 2012

Blast Fantasto posted:

1. It’s not hot
3. That big stinky giant
5. That’s Andre’s shirt

THAT'S THE WALL!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Hulk “Big Shooter” Hogan

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Blast Fantasto posted:

1. It’s not hot
3. That big stinky giant
5. That’s Andre’s shirt

THEY KNOCKED DOWN THOSE CONDOS IN WACO, BROTHER!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Blast Fantasto posted:

1. It’s not hot
3. That big stinky giant
5. That’s Andre’s shirt

6. Calling a camera man a "jiggly jiggly Jew" and WCW replaying it many times. What the gently caress?!?
7. That's The Wall, brother!!!

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Tato posted:

6. Calling a camera man a "jiggly jiggly Jew" and WCW replaying it many times. What the gently caress?!?
7. That's The Wall, brother!!!
8. Switching to the "dark side" and saying that "after all, everyone knows what a man with black gloves and a black rag can do" right before or right after (I forget which) O.J. Simpson was acquitted.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
9. BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY BOOTY MAN

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

"I'm gonna eat his rear end"

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Telling Warrior "I thought you were dead!"

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
Yapapi Strappage number two

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh
“Tell ’em what your whole name is, tell ’em! Wait a minute! Shoot with this thing, and tell the world what your real name is! Is there anybody in here that doesn’t understand what that means? This is blood. My brother was his father. His dead father, my bread... my blood, god rest his soul, is his father, do you understand that? The blood in his veins came from my brother’s body. The same blood that’s in Horace runs through my veins.”

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
“I went down to the hood, and when I went to the hood, all the brothers and the sisters said ‘Hollywood, why don’t you take back over? Why don’t you slaughter the lambs that you’ve led to...slaughter’”

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Not a quote, but I can't help but laugh at the ending of World War 3 where Hogan keeps pantomiming going under the bottom rope while Savage is supposed to be celebrating his first WCW World title win. He does it like twelve loving times.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Not a quote, but I can't help but laugh at the ending of World War 3 where Hogan keeps pantomiming going under the bottom rope while Savage is supposed to be celebrating his first WCW World title win. He does it like twelve loving times.

Yeah, it was even more cartoonish than usual for Hogan. Couldn't they have just handed him a microphone or something?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rujasu posted:

Yeah, it was even more cartoonish than usual for Hogan. Couldn't they have just handed him a microphone or something?

he was probably just loving with Savage since they had a conflicted relationship.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

rujasu posted:

The finish was originally supposed to be Giant eliminating Hogan clean and Savage winning the belt for the first time. Hogan literally changed it mid-match to a gently caress finish, then spent the entirety of what should have been Macho's celebration doing his mime act and saying poo poo on the mic like "Before I let you say anything, I want to ask the fans..." and "I deserve a shot at MY BELT"

Hulk Hogan is an rear end in a top hat.

EDIT: I think Savage winning the belt from Flair in WWF is the only time he had a world title win where Hogan didn't immediately steal the spotlight.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

The finish was originally supposed to be Giant eliminating Hogan clean and Savage winning the belt for the first time. Hogan literally changed it mid-match to a gently caress finish, then spent the entirety of what should have been Macho's celebration doing his mime act and saying poo poo on the mic like "Before I let you say anything, I want to ask the fans..." and "I deserve a shot at MY BELT"

Hulk Hogan is an rear end in a top hat.

EDIT: I think Savage winning the belt from Flair in WWF is the only time he had a world title win where Hogan didn't immediately steal the spotlight.

i did a big wcw watch when i got back into wrestling bc i didnt follow it when i was a kid and hooooly poo poo i could NOT believe that moment. just, the most hogan hogan poo poo ever, and poor randy savage has to stand around and wait for him to get it out of his system before he can even, like, pose with the fuckin belt.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
While "That's The Wall" is more famous Hogan cut an even crazier promo on that same legendary show.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B49_FLBKWtvySGp2YV80SXZNUjA

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

That promo felt like somebody was playing TEW for real.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

ChrisBTY posted:

That promo felt like somebody was playing TEW for real.

No booker t skeleton

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I spent years defending WCW from people who said it was always bad in all ways. I'm so happy people have stopped considering them, like, the enemy.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

MassRafTer posted:

While "That's The Wall" is more famous Hogan cut an even crazier promo on that same legendary show.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B49_FLBKWtvySGp2YV80SXZNUjA

"im gonna beat you like i own you, brother" christ alive hulk

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

What the gently caress is this "seven digits" business he keeps saying?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

bobkatt013 posted:

No booker t skeleton

I really hope that the next TEW WCW thread has a Booker T skeleton vs La Parka in a skull on a pole match

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Oct 13, 2019

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Defiance Industries posted:

What the gently caress is this "seven digits" business he keeps saying?

my inclination is maybe a million dollars? but also they could be fighting over a sexy lady's phone number. actually that's better

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

overmind2000 posted:

I really hope that the next TEW WCW thread has a Booker T skeleton vs La Parka in a skull on a pole match

Would a WCW vs. WWF ([Again] though probably in a style that at first doesn't require thread interaction because the only person that should experience burnout is me, the idiot thinking of doing a TEW thread) thread be better or WCW welcomes Hogan (in the style of the Basic Chunnel thread) because I need to

shiksa posted:

my inclination is maybe a million dollars? but also they could be fighting over a sexy lady's phone number. actually that's better

I remember from the Bryan and Vinny that Hogan had a 500,000 dollar bounty that he doubled with 500,000 of his own money to make a million dollar bounty on himself. It was probably that.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

LividLiquid posted:

I spent years defending WCW from people who said it was always bad in all ways. I'm so happy people have stopped considering them, like, the enemy.

I'm sorry but I couldn't even get perverse entertainment out of WCW 2000. The stuff that wasn't mind-numbing was just....eeeeuuuugh.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
That spring break show was pretty much the only bright spot in 2000 - it was the last show before the Bischoff and Russo superteam took over so there was nothing to build to, they booked it like a house show, set up some fun matches and then had them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Only because the main event of Hogan-Sid Justice was booked a few matches later on the card than Savage-Flair.