Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

vyelkin posted:

Jagmeetmentum is real, and strong, and my friend.

I feel like it’s all coming a bit too late sadly. A couple more weeks of the Libs and Cons crumbling and we might see some serious change. Unfortunately with early voting already started and Election Day almost here it feels too late.

That said I feel good about giving the NDP +1 on Election Day, so that’s a positive change. Credit where it’s due, Singh has majorly exceeded expectations. I was wrong about him being Mulcair in a turban.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockstar Massacre
Mar 2, 2009

i only have a crazy life
because i make risky decisions
from a position of
unreasonable self-confidence

BGrifter posted:

I feel like it’s all coming a bit too late sadly. A couple more weeks of the Libs and Cons crumbling and we might see some serious change. Unfortunately with early voting already started and Election Day almost here it feels too late.

That said I feel good about giving the NDP +1 on Election Day, so that’s a positive change. Credit where it’s due, Singh has majorly exceeded expectations. I was wrong about him being Mulcair in a turban.

Mulcair's shot at forming government collapsed about as fast as this NDP surge started, truthfully. most people vote the day of, not in advance polls.

there's a real strategy at work here for the NDP that i think, while probably not a winning one, isn't necessarily bad - let Trudeau and Shear embarrass themselves and then try to stand out after the fact. it's having some pull around people i talk to, for sure.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Dirty pool: Conservatives run Chinese language Facebook ads accusing Liberals of planning to legalize hard drugs

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

God they are so loving sketchy

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

Chicken posted:

Just went to vote and I saw a Liberal sign right behind the yellow sign that tells you where the polling place is. The polling place is the building behind the truck. It seems like this should maybe be illegal but the Elections Canada website says it's fine as long as it's on public property.

My wife and I hit the advance polls today. No campaign signs on public property next to the station but there was a small group of 4-5 older men dressed in safety vests and red ball caps waving signs about loving oil and "Refine It, Sell It". Couldn't read the writing on the ball caps but I'm going to assume it was something along the lines of "Make Alberta Great Again". (Parksville, like the rest of the Island, is noted for its petroleum industry.)

Just behind these elderly dribblers was a line of municipal electric vehicles sitting on their chargers.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Nobody is going to believe that the liberals are that cool.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib
They did the same ads last election, that Trudeau says he'd legalize cannabis but he's secretly going to legalize them all.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Liberals: come on, these guys are terrible at lying fuckin amateur hour over there. Our lies, top notch, don't settle

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Like it wouldn't just be a Winners giftcard

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think the Conservatives are arguing here that Trudeau = Blanchet = Parti Québécois, which is uh confusing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_lsIA36ofE

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Im really starting to question the idea that the Cons are all being steered by some giant brained evil overlord and its more likely they came into this election about as prepared as Horwath's NDP was for the 2011 Ontario election.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Liberals: come on, these guys are terrible at lying fuckin amateur hour over there. Our lies, top notch, don't settle

Honestly, you need to take pride in what you do. I couldn't in good conscience vote for someone who lies so poorly.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Furnaceface posted:

Im really starting to question the idea that the Cons are all being steered by some giant brained evil overlord and its more likely they came into this election about as prepared as Horwath's NDP was for the 2011 Ontario election.

It's more that it's just painfully easy to yank back progress when you can say a lot of poo poo whether or not it's true. As long as your supporters feel like you're not betraying them, there's nothing you can't do.

Meanwhile, progress tends to be made by changing and altering things as they currently are, sometimes in weird and unknown ways, and it is difficult to sell people on anything that isn't just "like now but more money for me."

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

vyelkin posted:

Jagmeetmentum is real, and strong, and my friend.

Jagmentum was right there

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

UpSingh

Hover
Jun 14, 2003

Your post hits a tree.
The tree is an ent.
The tree is angry.

HookShot posted:

"If you can't Jagbeatum, Joineetum"
- NDP/CPC alliance 2023

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Just lmao if you don’t support legalising all drugs, lovely lie or not.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/coherentstates/status/1183126113813352449

Cast my pebble into the ocean for my NDP candidate tonight.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
It's Jagmeetmentum. It's official.

SoggyBobcat
Oct 2, 2013

+1 for the NDP in Surrey Centre. I suppose there's a chance they can pick up the seat but I'm not expecting it.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

HookShot posted:

Jagmentum is the correct choice, yes.

Ego-bot posted:

https://twitter.com/coherentstates/status/1183126113813352449

Cast my pebble into the ocean for my NDP candidate tonight.

Okay, hold up here. What's the story behind the top right one? Why is there a picture of Justin Trudeau dressed up as Hitler? gently caress me, he really is the first Millennial world leader. God help every poor fucker who comes after him age-wise.

e: Oh they photoshopped the armband and 'stache on him, he's actually cosplaying as a Canadian WWI soldier.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

The bottom right corner picture will never stop being funny.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Uh, I’ll have you know it’s clearly Singhmentum.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
Lol at the thought of a

SCHEER-
MENTUM

Sun cover headline, in bold 144pt font

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Another Bill posted:

Lol at the thought of a

SCHEER-
MENTUM

Sun cover headline, in bold 144pt font

I’m just hoping I don’t end up in SCHEER TERROR.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Arivia posted:

I’m just hoping I don’t end up in SCHEER TERROR.

If that bastard of a potato man wins I hope the thread title can at least get changed to “Our National Moment of Scheer Stupidity”

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

TheKingofSprings posted:

If that bastard of a potato man wins I hope the thread title can at least get changed to “Our National Moment of Scheer Stupidity”

Heh, moment.

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

The Scheer Audacity.

less than three
Aug 9, 2007

Fallen Rib

TheKingofSprings posted:

Our Heritage Moment of Scheer Stupidity

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

CTV business chud: Now lets spend 15 minutes tearing the NDP platform apart piece by piece because its unaffordable and unrealistic.

Anchor: And what is your breakdown of the Conservative platform?

CTV dillhole idiot: Its too early to tell.

The media in this country is awful.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Legit Businessman fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 9, 2022

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

Andrew scheer more like Andrew s'chier

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

I've barely had a conversation in months and I can tell you, the people are hungry for change.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

Oxyclean posted:

I'm somewhat curious on people's thoughts on my riding, Ottawa-West Nepean.

Last time it went Liberal with 55% of the vote, with the Cons at 30%.

At least glancing over the platforms on the above link, the specific NDP and Liberal candidates don't feel too different, while the certainly the NDP is preferable federally, that seems like a long shot. I feel pretty nervous about the possibility of cons getting in power, even if the previous numbers make this riding seem potentially safe for liberals, I don't really trust voters to not be goldfish brained.

I first met Anvella MacEwen at an OWN NDP townhall/discussion at Algonquin college on labor in the changing economy. She was good. And the. I've been bumping into her repeatedly, such as during a debate prep where I played the Green candidate and she, the Liberal.

The ONDP candidate also won in Ottawa West-Nepean (lost by a handful of votes) while campaigning on a small budget. Besides Ottawa-Center, I think OWN is the Ottawa riding most likely to have a federal NDP seat

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
https://twitter.com/derrickokeefe/status/1183399994407018496

https://twitter.com/derrickokeefe/status/1183401391781335042

https://ricochet.media/en/2599/poll-over-two-thirds-of-canadians-back-a-wealth-tax

I guess what strikes me as particularly interesting is that Singh and the NDP are peeling support not just from the Liberal Party, but from the Conservatives as well. One thing I would like to see is urban/rural breakdown on the movement on Singh.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice
I wish Jagmeet had enough momentum for my bank to send out the same email it did last election noting that “if any party other than the Conservatives or Liberals win the upcoming election, the Canadian economy would become unpredictable”. I told the bank that I might have not closed my account if they at least had the courage to just say “NDP” but it was refreshing to see on letterhead from a major institution that the Liberals and Conservatives are at least fiscally interchangeable in business practice.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

The pessimist in me isn't confident the NDP under Singh has or will change much. It's one thing for the leader to say a bunch of things, it's another for them to actually carry it out.

On the other hand, it's loving impossible to get politicians to say poo poo of meaningful value given how much they'd rather spout platitudes that don't address issues closer to the root of wealth inequality. Small hopes, I guess.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

http://chrystia.ca/

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.

"coming soon" - Oct. 22, the day after Trudeau loses his majority?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

She may have the decency to wait until he steps down