Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
hi canada spam i haven’t paid attention to canadian politics in a while. i’m in québec who do i vote for cus it seems like everyone sucks Thabks in advance for the information

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

half cocaine posted:

whoa snc Aladdin is into Marilyn Manson?

That was Michael Jackson, blackface again.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

802.11weed posted:

hi canada spam i haven’t paid attention to canadian politics in a while. i’m in québec who do i vote for cus it seems like everyone sucks Thabks in advance for the information

Giant Meteor

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Actually no vote NDP that Jagmeet guy is turning out to be p alright

Doctor Tog
Oct 10, 2008

there's been a bit of a green surge in a bunch of atlantic provinces and a very cynical part of me thinks it's people that would vote ndp except Jagmeet is brown

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

802.11weed posted:

the conservatives, bloc, and greens (and ppc lol) are all running pro-discrimination campaigns in québec

so one of the other parties, ideally

and preferably not the liberals

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
looks like im voting orange. thanks pals

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Justin Trudeau vote compass

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
https://twitter.com/ElizabethMay/status/1183074249998848002?s=19

gently caress this election

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
Lol at some guy winning a seat in the HoC because millenials refuse to read a different book

Doctor Tog
Oct 10, 2008

hosed up that the greens would run fictional candidates in the only (?) riding where a party (communist) is running a openly trans person (clara)

James Baud
May 24, 2015

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Indeed, I'm sure that most candidates and parties give the person running for the communist party a lot of thought before they're stuck sitting on stage while they're talking at a local all candidates debate.

Doctor Tog
Oct 10, 2008

they should at least read another book

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Doctor Tog posted:

they should at least read another book

a good one to start with

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
I could see Marx rocking one hell of a wizard hat.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
“Hmm,” said a small voice in his ear. “Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There’s talent, oh my goodness, yes — and a nice thirst to prove yourself, now that’s interesting. . . . So where shall I put you?”

Karl gripped the edges of the stool and thought, Not Capitalist, not Capitalist.

“Not Capitalist, eh?” said the small voice. “Are you sure? You could be great, you know, it’s all here in your head, and Capitalism will help you on the way to greatness, no doubt about that — no? Well, if you’re sure — better be COMMUNISM!”

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

EvilJoven posted:

“Hmm,” said a small voice in his ear. “Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There’s talent, oh my goodness, yes — and a nice thirst to prove yourself, now that’s interesting. . . . So where shall I put you?”

Karl gripped the edges of the stool and thought, Not Capitalist, not Capitalist.

“Not Capitalist, eh?” said the small voice. “Are you sure? You could be great, you know, it’s all here in your head, and Capitalism will help you on the way to greatness, no doubt about that — no? Well, if you’re sure — better be COMMUNISM!”

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

This captures pretty much half the replies I read

Doctor Tog
Oct 10, 2008

EvilJoven posted:

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EvilJoven posted:

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Liz May’s sorting hat is made of tinfoil

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

priznat posted:

Liz May’s sorting hat is made of tinfoil

from last election but still awesome

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

this one is more relevant

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
i've been on a capital reading kick and marx's one still has so much stuff in it that's incredibly familiar sounding to 21st century ears

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Karl Marx was an incredible thinker and I'm never afraid to defend him unironically in any company.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I’ve had no power for two days and I’m dying

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
how are you posting?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

littleorv posted:

I’ve had no power for two days and I’m dying

Big deal. The NDP have been without power for 58 years.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

infernal machines posted:

how are you posting?

Very carefully

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

Fun Shoe
If not for the fact that we're doing a construction project at our place and our house is going to be a disaster with an open pit on one side for the rest of the weekend we'd be inviting climate change refugees from Portage la Prairie to come spend the weekend.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I just lost power but got it right back, that was a scary 9 minutes I tell ya

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

I don’t know what I would do if I couldn’t poo poo post

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
the advance voting place was full of geriatrics who could barely walk

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
we got advance voting without any lines, open 12 hours across 4 days, 3 of which are a goddamn long weekend

i wonder how low the eventual voter turnout is gonna be

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Another Bill posted:

Karl Marx was an incredible thinker and I'm never afraid to defend him unironically in any company.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Serious question is voter suppression a thing at all in Canada?

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

univbee posted:

Yes it's called strategic voting

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

univbee posted:

It's called First Past the Post.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

univbee posted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Canadian_federal_election_voter_suppression_scandal

The conservative party sent automated phone calls telling people that their polling station had been moved.

I think there was also a slightly dumber event that election where a conservative staffer tried to run off with a ballot box, and successfully got a university-based early voting station closed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
idg advanced voting, I always felt those votes were somehow more likely to be lost/thrown out

Though it may be a good idea in case you believe the fake phone messages you get on election day saying your polling location has moved

e: beaten