Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

do you mean when a bunch of goons got hacked for having 123456 and abcdefg as passwords and then Lowtax got pissed and made everyone have 14 character all the specials passwords and I never bothered to remember my SA passwords ever again.

his password screen yelled at me :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Turtlicious posted:

I find it kind of cool that people's personalities are so powerful that they're remembered between accounts.

dare was very easy for that, hard mode is the fact that ryan gosling is an active goon and i will not reveal his forum identity. good luck

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Oxxidation posted:

his password screen yelled at me :smith:

BOOGEYMAN

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

pog boyfriend posted:

dare was very easy for that, hard mode is the fact that ryan gosling is an active goon and i will not reveal his forum identity. good luck

You overplayed your hand a bit there, Ry

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

oh hey a Wren, i thought they all died of cancer

this isn't funny at all, different poster and also maybe don't be a jerkass about a good poster dying of cancer

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Turtlicious posted:

I find it kind of cool that people's personalities are so powerful that they're remembered between accounts.

Benny the Snake wrote so badly in the CC Thunderdome that people refused to read his terrible words, so he rereg and posted under a different name but people would still find out it was him, because he would never stop writing in his flash fiction pieces inexplicable and unprovoked ultraviolence (usually against people explicitly drawn from his life)

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's not fair, a lot of his fiction also involved hating his father.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Arivia posted:

this isn't funny at all, different poster and also maybe don't be a jerkass about a good poster dying of cancer

Yeah, what the gently caress?!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Benny the Snake wrote so badly in the CC Thunderdome that people refused to read his terrible words, so he rereg and posted under a different name but people would still find out it was him, because he would never stop writing in his flash fiction pieces inexplicable and unprovoked ultraviolence (usually against people explicitly drawn from his life)

Didn't someone call the mods on him after pre-reading a draft that was completely "here is my plan to shoot up my actual workplace?" I vaguely remember this but not the details.

Also, Benny once PMed me to ask for advice about writing a forums-based It's A Wonderful Life pastiche, where Lowtax is George Bailey and gnarlyhotep is Clarence, shortly after gnarly asked to be permabanned. I never heard back from him after I replied ("please do not write forums fanfic, wtf"), but knowing Benny, he may have still written the drat thing.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Hmm sounds like hes got the raw style of a Flannery O'Connor.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

I wrote so badly in Thunderome that I was unmemorable, then missed a week, then toxxed for the second week, then didn't produce. And that's my thunderdome rereg story.

I also post like 10000x more now than I did then.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I wrote so badly in Thunderome that I was unmemorable, then missed a week, then toxxed for the second week, then didn't produce. And that's my thunderdome rereg story.

*Looks at rap sheet, scratches head*

brb

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Nevermore!

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

sebmojo posted:

*Looks at rap sheet, scratches head*

brb

A comedy in two acts

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

In fact: edgar Allen ho did get toxx banned under their previous name so all is well with the world.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

*makes jerk off motion*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

sebmojo posted:

In fact: edgar Allen ho did get toxx banned under their previous name so all is well with the world.

do we have an edgar allen bro

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

edgar allen j/o crystal

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Headger Phallus Chode

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

This sounds amazing. Do you have links to any examples? I want to read them!

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
Benny the snake doesn’t have an SAclopedia entry. What a shame.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

The Oracle
[permalink]

rate this story

The Oracle
By Benny the Snake

I knew a person with silver-colored eyes.

Where I come form, those born with eyes of silver are blessed with the gift of prophecy. When they become of age, they are taken to the temple to serve as oracles. I once had my future told by an oracle. To this day I still remember what she told me.

I spent my days back then toiling over the blacksmith forge as an apprentice for only a few copper pieces a day. One day, I had saved enough to where I decided to have my fate revealed to me by the oracle at the temple. I climbed up the steps and reached the outside where giant columns supported the roof and the archway was guarded by a monk. “I wish to see the oracle,” I told him.

“Present your offering before entering,” the monk said and pointed towards a collection plate on top of a pedestal. I thew five gold pieces in the plate. “Your offering is accepted. You may enter,” he said and stepped aside.

Inside the temple was a statue of the God of prophecy: a one-eyed man holding a star in his hand with the words “In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king” written on the base. The oracle herself was a young woman wearing silk robes who had eyes of silver so polished I could see my reflection in them. Incense was burning inside, filling the air with a sweet scent that made me drowsy. I immediately bowed in front of her. “Oh great oracle, I have come to seek my destiny.”

She looked into my eyes. Her gaze was so intimidating that I looked away. “Tell me,” she said, “What do you think about fate?”

“What do I think about fate?” I asked. “Well, I never thought much about it. All I really know is that it's unavoidable,” I said trying my best not to look into her eyes.

She gave me a faint smile. “That is true. There is a saying that as man plans, the Gods laugh. On a cosmic scale, the fate of man is as insignificant as a grain of sand.”

“Well my fate matters to me.”

“Of course it does. Give me your hand,” she told me. I held out my hand. She took it and pulled a knife from behind her. “Don't worry. For me to see your fate, I need only a drop of blood,” she said and pricked my thumb. After squeezing it to draw blood, she took my thumb and pressed it against her forehead.

“Yes...” she said faintly. “Oh dear...”

“What?” I asked as a lump started to form in my throat.

“I see you at your home with blood on your hands.”

“What?”

“Yes, I see blood on your hands and the bodies of three people at your feet,” she told me. “I see a bloodstained dagger and madness in your eyes.”

“No, this cannot be,” I said as fear overtook every fiber of my body.

“I am sorry, but that is all I can see," she said. “Th-thank you,” I said weakly and turned around to leave. About halfway through the temple I started running. How could I raise my hand in anger against my own flesh and blood? How could I kill them? I left home that night with nothing more than the clothes on my back.

A year later I slaughtered my whole family in cold blood.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
...so it turns out it is possible to be worse at endings than Stephen King.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
I expected bad but my word.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
that's spectacular, thank you for finding and reposting it.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
It's like The Eye of Argon with slightly better spell-checking.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

sebmojo posted:

...A year later I slaughtered my whole family in cold blood.

Oh goodness! I mean, it's much better to create something in general, and everybody has to start somewhere, but I take it from the discussion of his posts here that he didn't respond well to constructive criticism.

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider
He was a pretty hosed up guy. I’ve never been an e/n regular but after the financial crisis there was a train of hikikomori including him and the aptly named Manchild King.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

sebmojo posted:

Inside the temple was a statue of the God of prophecy: a one-eyed man holding a star in his hand with the words “In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king” written on the base. The oracle herself was a young woman wearing silk robes who had eyes of silver so polished I could see my reflection in them.

These two sentences are so incredibly bad it is hard to believe it wasn't just lovely on purpose.

CaptainSarcastic has a new favorite as of 22:01 on Oct 13, 2019

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

sebmojo posted:

The Oracle

Please post Rural Rentboys.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:
Lmao that's someone earnestly writing and not a riff on a copypasta?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Looks like Benny is competent enough to be a screenwriter for JJ Abrams, dunno what you guys are complaining about

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

HopperUK posted:

Please post Rural Rentboys.

Remember: you asked for this.

Author: Baudolino
Wordcount: 860

Classic

Rural Rentboys
[permalink]

The Year is 1985.
England,Shropshire, Wroxeter, two 18teen year old boys are entering an abonend bunker. The mosscovered"do not enter"sign above the entrance is barely redable, it has not worn the gnawing of time well. They ignore it. The bunker was a perect litle shelter for them. For James and RIchard it was the ideal, that is to say the only place where they could be themselves.

Wroxeter, famous for it`s old roman ruins and little else was hardly a stronghold of tolerance. Quiet little villages with piss poor work markets seldom are. Two young boys in love could not be open about their desires in such a place without risk. Tall, muscular and atheltic James and Richard cherised the attention they got from the local girls .
But the School janitor with his needy blue eyes and gaunt face also appreciated their looks. Attention from a known poofter like him they could ill afford. In short things could be better for them. Mercifully they knew they always had eachother and the aboned bunker. It would have to do until they graduated.

Spring was in full orgasmic explosion when they visited the bunker for the last time. Nature blossomed, it was green, moist and filled with bird song. The green hills east of Wroxter was in everyway a paradisal sigth, not including the odd discarded needle or empty beer can. Even the heavens looked magical, dotted with white puffy clouds and clothed in the colour of the ceasars. Happily the bunker was obscured behind trees and did not disturb the romantic visage.

Inside the bunker James pushed Richard gently away -No, not yet, work before pleasure remember? Not even a little kiss?--- Alright, maybe just the on... They kissed, it was quick, it was sweet.

-Now to the task at hand, James said and pulled away. Lying upside down in the sparse concrete room was Richard`s bike. It lacked a front wheel, the old one had gotten hosed up after a particulary nasty fall. To buy a new wheel would probaly be best, but neither Richard or James had much money to spare. And RIchard loathed to spend the small pithy the school janitor paid for his "favors" unless absolutely necessary. Instead the two boys had gradually managed to cobble together a decent rim and fit it with spokes. The tire they simply stole off the janitors bike, infront of his very eyes. What was he supposed to do, go to the police? They hoped it would do as a new wheel.

After much sweating cursing and hustling about inside the bunke they finally made the wheel fit the bikeframe. It looked safe anyhow.
-Seems alrigth. Wanna give it a go Richard?
- You know what i want, hehe.
-Seriously mate, ride it down the slope to see how it handles. We might need to make some adjustments.
Richard picked up the bike and smiled. -Yeah yeah i heard you, if it makes you happy.
-I just want you to be safe using that wheel. Richard walked outside and sat down on the bike. -I know you do.

Richard started to roll down the hill the hill, immeadtly the bike started to shake and rumble . As he neared the first bend in the road the front wheel touched a small pothole, at once the wheel collapsed inwards and the joints holdning the rim together came apart violently. Richard was flung off his bike and landed just outside the road, where he tumbled ever faster down the slope. Running as fast as he could James found his lover lying face down at the foot of the hill. His body perfectly still despite bleeding massivly from his rigth thigh where a piece of bone protruded from his flesh. As James he got closer a terrible frigth posessed him. He could barely stand when he finally reached Richard. The horrible dark red blood was naseuating, it was downrigth gruseome. Shambling like a drunk man James tried to get awaybut quickly fell down. The blood made him dizzy, made him feel like he was drownin, made him hold his to breath. The blood the blood blo..

James lost conciousness. When he came to the sky was a little darker and the air at little colder. His lover laid on the same spot as before, the ground now toroughly draped with a dark red colour and RIchard himself curiosly pale. Like paper or snow or something.
-Get up Richard please, we have to get your bike fixed. Come on mate, get up.
RIchard, please, YOU HAVE TO GET UP!

Several weeks later after Richard had been buried at the St Andrews church James found himself outside a yellow camping wagon. Standing in the door in his trouses and with a beer in his hand was the school janitor. With a grin he simply said-So it`s just me and you now innit, come for a job have you?
- Pay me double what you gave Richard and use a loving condom and i.i.. i`ll do what you want
Mr Fletcher stepped back and gave James a huge grin-Get in!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Remember this whenever you say Lovecraft was bad

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

You had me at abonend.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

:staredog: but also :laffo: at "aboned bunker"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

That's the good stuff

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

He couldn't even be bothered to use spellcheck.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Those kids are loving terrible at bike repair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Bogus Adventure posted:

:staredog: but also :laffo: at "aboned bunker"

Dead & Gay forums, hosted from the wreckage of a boned bunker