Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
And all of this is so that Russia can have one port in the Med for their lovely navy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

A Bad Poster posted:

And all of this is so that Russia can have one port in the Med for their lovely navy.

BUT THEN MOTHER RUSSIA FINALLY HAS A WARM WATER PORT SO THEY CAN...do something.

Actually, why do they need a warm water port?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Because their ships always shrivel up in the cold water?

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Godholio posted:

jesus gently caress, you guys

alternately

jesus, gently caress you guys

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Give up the star, don't destroy GiP. Are you throwing a loving tantrum or something? Quit being a bitch

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
I have also asked an admin to write gullible on the ceiling.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Pretty sure it's a joke guys, explained at this link.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

McNally posted:

:monocle:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

McNally posted:

I don't see it!!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I step away to watch the current even of the 49ers going 5-0 and this happens?

NINERS!!!!

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
D'oh

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMAfnC3N-_E

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

A Bad Poster posted:

We've spent the last 70 years supporting Saudi Arabia unconditionally because it kept the price of oil low.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Jesus gently caress, I'm constantly high and routinely have everything fly over my head, and I didn't believe it.

Some of you guys have some doctor seuss creations turtling over you.

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Some of you guys have some doctor seuss creations turtling over you.

Sounds like you've perfected that marijuana/ergot hybrid.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

holocaust bloopers posted:

Was it just recently where the government allowed pork producers to self-police their inspections?

Yea I’m done eating pork.

Imma play pork roulette.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

joat mon posted:

Sounds like you've perfected that marijuana/ergot hybrid.

Someday...

Still working on fixing some company weed. It amazes me that a person can work in weed for ten years and not know poo poo about nutrients. My knowledge is thin but nute lockout and burn aren't hard to spot.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

lol just quit being mod

Seriously.

McNally is a cool dude but a bad mod

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?

Deathy McDeath posted:

Seriously.

McNally is a cool dude but a bad mod

This is helpful feedback, thank you. You want to elaborate or are you fine with just being unhelpful?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

McNally posted:

This is helpful feedback, thank you. You want to elaborate or are you fine with just being unhelpful?

you freak out and whine every time cop chat comes out and cry about shutting down gip lol

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010
come to Butthead cspam

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
To be fair cop chat is loving dumb. It’s unproductive.

IMO this thread ought to be facialimpediment posting news stories + summaries.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Woodchip posted:

come to Butthead cspam

I'll delete the internet first.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Do you like muskets?
Yes, because shutting down GIP was absolutely a for-real thing I was going to do, you stupid gently caress.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

https://www.dailydot.com/layer8/kamala-harris-jacob-wohl-craigslist-actor/

quote:

Kamala Harris’ ‘lover’ says Jacob Wohl hired him off Craigslist

The actor thought he was auditioning for a Spike TV show and that everyone was an actor.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

https://www.thedailybeast.com/kamalas-fake-lover-jacob-wohl-told-me-it-was-for-a-spike-tv-show

quote:

Asked over Instagram direct message whether he had tricked Newaldass, Wohl responded with only a laughing-crying emoji. Burkman, a lawyer and lobbyist whose membership in the D.C. Bar was recently suspended over unpaid dues, didn’t respond to a request for comment.

quote:

After researching Harris, Newaldass said he’s now likely to vote for her presidential bid.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

So I think I mentioned this in dadchat thread the other day but this is the nightmare scenario documented in the latest Reply All podcast about this disease getting into the US feral hot population. Instant trade killer there.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
Copchat sucks, nothing comes from it normally, but also I dont want to have to go to the detainment thread to find out about relevant current events.
Also sundays suck because they are slow national news days, maybe we need some kind of dumb gimmick for sunday. Like a dog pic for every post or something???
I'm not gonna criticize our beloved mod becuase
1. NO MODS NO MASTERS

2. I for sure wouldn't want to do it.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
At some point, the country really needs to come to terms with a really scary thought: Hillary was 100% right about Trump supporters.

https://twitter.com/nytmike/status/1183542736143732736

quote:

WASHINGTON — A video depicting a macabre scene of a fake President Trump shooting, stabbing and brutally assaulting members of the news media and his political opponents was shown at a conference for his supporters at his Miami resort last week, according to footage obtained by The New York Times.

Several of Mr. Trump’s top surrogates — including his son Donald Trump Jr., his former spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders and the governor of Florida, Ron DeSantis — were scheduled to speak at the three-day conference, which was held by a pro-Trump group, American Priority, at Trump National Doral Miami. Ms. Sanders and a person close Mr. Trump’s son said on Sunday that they did not see the video at the conference.

The video, which includes the logo for Mr. Trump’s 2020 re-election campaign, comprises a series of internet memes. The most violent clip shows Mr. Trump’s head superimposed on the body of a man opening fire inside the “Church of Fake News” on parishioners who have the faces of his critics or the logos of media organizations superimposed on their bodies. It appears to be an edited scene of a church massacre from the 2014 dark comedy film “Kingsman: The Secret Service.”
---
The organizer of the event said in a statement on Sunday that the clip had been played at the conference, saying it was part of a “meme exhibit.” He denounced the video and said his organization was looking into how it was shown at the event.
https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1183552670738477056

Edit: Full video posted

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 14, 2019

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
The right wing is full to bursting with violent pieces of poo poo? I loving never

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

facialimpediment posted:

At some point, the country really needs to come to terms with a really scary thought: Hillary was 100% right about Trump supporters.

https://twitter.com/nytmike/status/1183542736143732736

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1183552670738477056

Edit: Full video posted

At this point they're not even saying the quiet part loud, it's being screamed.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
To the surprise of literally no one but Trump,

https://www.businessinsider.com/syria-isis-relatives-fled-kurdish-camp-after-turkish-airstrike-2019-10

Disaster is unfolding in Syria as videos emerge of US allies being slaughtered and hundreds of ISIS prisoners escape during airstrikes

quote:

As the Turkish invasion into northern Syria proceeds, the region has seemingly descended into violent chaos, with videos emerging of Turkish proxies slaughtering US allies.

In addition, about 700 relatives of ISIS fighters fled a Kurdish-run detention camp after a Turkish airstrike hit nearby, prompting 13,000 people, mostly displaced refugees, to flee.

The humanitarian aid group Save the Children confirmed to The New York Times that all foreign nationals, including the women and children who are relatives of ISIS fighters and were being held in a secure facility, had left the camp.

It is unclear whether the women and children escaped entirely or were apprehended by coalition forces who brought them to a central facility. Sources told the Times "a mix of the two" happened.

The Turkish invasion began shortly after President Donald Trump announced US troops would be repositioning away from Kurdish forces, who have been US allies in the fight against ISIS.

On Sunday, US Defense Secretary Mark Esper announced that the remaining 1,000 US troops in northern Syria would be withdrawn, as intelligence shows a more expansive Turkish invasion and a possible Kurdish counter-attack in conjunction with Syrian and Russian forces.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I can't wait* to see how he spins it.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I mean he's already been spinning it as the Turks and Kurds are natural enemies so it's OK for one to slaughter the other.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

Milo and POTUS posted:

I can't wait* to see how he spins it.

He's already been spinning it as "Turkey and the Kurds need to figure out for themselves what to do with all these ISIS prisoners! Europe should take them! We're monitoring the situation."

Which is to say he has no real concept of what he's caused or why exactly people are angry with him and he's just deflecting with whatever stray thought happen to enter his head.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
"ISIS IS DEFEATED" - Trump, 2019.

Now we wait to see how badly they reconstitute and reform in the power vacuum. Hopefully the worst they can do is just mount an insurgency. That'd be bad enough.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Fister Roboto posted:

I mean he's already been spinning it as the Turks and Kurds are natural enemies so it's OK for one to slaughter the other.

He's clearly saying it's ok for the turks to slaughter the kurds because they don't have an ugly tower but the turks do

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Bored As gently caress posted:

"ISIS IS DEFEATED" - Trump, 2019.

Now we wait to see how badly they reconstitute and reform in the power vacuum. Hopefully the worst they can do is just mount an insurgency. That'd be bad enough.

"You didn't see any Isis fighters escape. You didn't, because there weren't any there."

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Odds we see him side with ISIS over the kurds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

"You didn't see any Isis fighters escape. You didn't, because there weren't any there."

17 civilians executed a day. Not great, not terrible.