Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Taking out the Warlord herself was pretty easy (I remember last time her son showing up to her room way faster and almost catching me in the act) but I almost hosed up about half a dozen times trying to get into the safe. Managed to clear it anyway, and I'm happy that I've managed to keep to my self-imposed decision to not use the electrocution phone after using it on the Chameleon and just feeling like I'd cheated to an easy win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
I poisoned her with a syringe and opened the safe with a breaching charge.

Is there a reason behind the key opening the safe always being a hostile act, no matter the outfit? It just seems weird that it's illegal but putting a explosive on the safe and blowing it is A-OK.

If you don't have a breaching charge, what is the method for opening the safe without everyone going hostile? Just clear the area of guards or make them look the other way?

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Yeah, pulling the fire alarm usually causes enough of a ruckus that everyone will be out of the room eventually.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
Is picking up the data an illegal act?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Discendo Vox posted:

Is picking up the data an illegal act?
It isn't. You can breach charge the safe and then grab the USB without the soldiers standing watch over it caring.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Opening the safe with the key is illegal. Placing and detonating a breaching charge and stealing the data is perfectly alright.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Warlord: Listen up maggots, your one and ONLY job is to make sure I'm the only one who uses the key to this safe. I don't care who else shows up with it, if it's not me then you don't let them use it.
Soldier: What if they use a brea-
The Warlord: Did I stutter? This is your ONLY job, you can do ONE job can't you? :rolleyes:
Soldier: :mad:

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?

Jerusalem posted:

The Warlord: Listen up maggots, your one and ONLY job is to make sure I'm the only one who uses the key to this safe. I don't care who else shows up with it, if it's not me then you don't let them use it.
Soldier: What if they use a brea-
The Warlord: Did I stutter? This is your ONLY job, you can do ONE job can't you? :rolleyes:
Soldier: :mad:

No one is to use the key even if you come do it.
Until you come and open it, we're not to close the safe.
We don't need to do anything apart from stopping the data entering the room
Can it leave the room with us?

*Later*

*smile at and encourage new guard who is placing breaching charges while maintaining eye contact*

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

eat poo poo The Meiko Incarnation

hours of runs lost to making stupid mistakes all over the place

got it though

Oceanbound
Jan 19, 2008

Time to let the dead be dead.

Dabir posted:

eat poo poo The Meiko Incarnation

hours of runs lost to making stupid mistakes all over the place

got it though

Used the electro phone on that one and did not feel guilty about it.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

i don't have it and even if I did I wouldn't use it

the route I eventually took had some pretty tight timing on it so it all worked out in the end

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
I posted a how to for the last level of that awhile back. Without the electrophone, it's a huge grind.

Are challenge unlocks working for the ET now? Can I go have my revenge on the most bullshit ET in the game?

an AOL chatroom
Oct 3, 2002

Hit man but you can use the scissors to tailor new clothes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Wait I didn't get a suit for The Warlord. Not that I need another but still

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

I posted a how to for the last level of that awhile back. Without the electrophone, it's a huge grind.

Are challenge unlocks working for the ET now? Can I go have my revenge on the most bullshit ET in the game?

Yeah I didn't read it, wanted to figure it out myself. Looks like I did it a slightly different way than you did. I was recording, so you can compare your method to mine when it's done rendering and uploading.

In case anyone else still wants to try it, here's some timing I figured out, assuming you skip the cutscene at the start of the level (the level simulation runs during that scene, but the timer doesn't start until you take control).

The chefs in the kitchen first move into the optimal position to take both out at 2:10. One will be behind the stove, the other staring at a cupboard. You only have a few seconds before the guy at the cupboard turns around.
The director first eats his snacks at 4:50, then again at 8:40.

E: Here we go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bO9hk0T8834

Dabir fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Oct 12, 2019

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
The Warlord is actually kind of trivial nowadays thanks to the glory of our true lord and saviour EMETIC PISTOL :v:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I was going for SA until I exploded a safe guard with a breaching charge, because I've never used the thing before.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Pilchenstein posted:

The Warlord is actually kind of trivial nowadays thanks to the glory of our true lord and saviour EMETIC PISTOL :v:
She's insanely sensitive to going into lockdown if you use the emetic pistol anywhere near her though, regardless of whether or not anybody can see you. From a distance it can get rid of both her bodyguards though, or send her to the water shrine thing.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
How do you unlock the breaching charge? I remember getting it in 1 but details are hazy.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Fun facts about the current ET:

1. The suitcase spawn in her office from the base map is still there, horribly clipping through scenery.
2. The USB you steal...is actually the Blackmailer's.

Thank goodness, the SA ET unlock issue seems fixed and I got the Bangkok suit. Now to pray there are enough ETs left for me to get all the suits and such that I missed from other locations.

...What are the odds there will be another target at Hawke's Bay?

Lareine posted:

How do you unlock the breaching charge? I remember getting it in 1 but details are hazy.

Sapienza Mastery 15.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Nakar posted:

She's insanely sensitive to going into lockdown if you use the emetic pistol anywhere near her though, regardless of whether or not anybody can see you. From a distance it can get rid of both her bodyguards though, or send her to the water shrine thing.
I think that's her guards. One of the changes they made for this ET is that the soldiers don't seem to use the detection meter, they just instantly kick off. Another is that her bodyguards are immune to distractions, which handily makes them almost completely deaf :v:

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

Fun facts about the current ET:

1. The suitcase spawn in her office from the base map is still there, horribly clipping through scenery.
2. The USB you steal...is actually the Blackmailer's.

Thank goodness, the SA ET unlock issue seems fixed and I got the Bangkok suit. Now to pray there are enough ETs left for me to get all the suits and such that I missed from other locations.

...What are the odds there will be another target at Hawke's Bay?

Sapienza Mastery 15.

Hawke's bay doesn't unlock any outfits, I think?

I hosed up SA rating getting discovered by an enforcer just as I was leaving the penthouse. Don't care, suit unlocked.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FZI7orsn-g
Check out just how immune to distractions her bodyguards are :v:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

I finally bought hitman 2 and its really great. The Colombian level feels like the devs remembered the awful jungle missions from the very first game and actually made them good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I should get the suit next time I finish a level right? Out of town so I can't check

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Lingering plot question: what do we know about Noel Crest?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
So I occasionally try to do Master loud gun rampages and Haven is proving quite difficult, mainly because I get impatient and put myself into a situation where unexpected guards are coming from angles I hadn't considered. A few things of note about rampaging, if you're inclined to try it:
  • First, expect the game to crash. It didn't used to do this but it seems to now. I've had it freeze up and crash when I got flashbanged, but also just for no apparent reason.
  • Never actually use the cover feature, as popping out of cover renders you vulnerable to damage. Just aim normally from behind cover, you can hit anything your crosshair has direct unbroken line of sight to. Similarly, take corners and pop guards as they rush toward you, you're almost completely safe this way unless you're being flanked.
  • As tempting as it may seem, don't kill civilians until you're absolutely sure there are no more guards coming. Getting distracted taking out civilians is what gets me killed like half the time. On Master you cannot afford to get shot more than 3-4 times in a 10 second span, so you absolutely have to be laser-focused on identifying where guards are coming from and kill them ASAP. Civilians can't pick up guns or anything so they will never pose a threat and they can even help by running off to get guards for you. Worst case scenario you leave them for last and run around melee killing everyone, which is basically what you have to do if you intend to wipe out all the bazaar crowds in Marrakesh because there ain't enough ammo on the map to take them out.
  • On maps with crowds, the crowds will block your bullets but not guards' bullets. This is totally unfair but that's just something you gotta be aware of. Piercing rounds will go through the crowds and it doesn't seem to decrease the damage your shots do, so that makes the Striker/Matador basically mandatory on crowd maps.
  • Tailor your weapon selection to the map. Sapienza and New York have a fair number of shotgun guards, and you get a lot of ammo from a single shotgun pickup, so those are good places to bring the Enram or the concealable pump. Some maps have more SMGs than usual while others have none. Certain maps (notably Bangkok, Hokkaido, and most of Miami) have almost no guard weapons other than pistols, so you're going to need to lean hard on your sidearm. Colorado is the one noteworthy exception where most people have ARs or SMGs (with some shotguns); you legitimately risk running out of pistol ammo on Colorado.
  • If taking an AR, don't bother with the S/A Covert. Not only is it not loud, it's been heavily nerfed since 2016 and the automatic ARs seem to be better at killing efficiently with headshots. Don't ask me why that is, it just is. On that note, guard ARs and SMGs were heavily buffed from 2016 and are actually drat good weapons now, so scavenge one if you didn't bring one to make use of whatever ammo pickups you can get.
  • For pistols, don't bother with the ICA19 F/A, it does pretty crappy damage and has a forced 3 round burst that causes a lot of kick. If you want something with a faster fire rate than the Matador/Striker, use the Concept 5. It got buffed a few months back and it's now insanely powerful as long as you tap-fire it very gently and don't let it start spewing rounds. It has a 20 round magazine and kills with headshots out to ICA19 range or even longer, making it a pretty efficient alternative to the Striker that attracts less attention and is easier to fire off quickly if you get rushed, which could save you from death. That said, the Striker/Matador are going to be the pick nine times out of ten because they kill on bodyshots out to midrange and can pierce, which tends to lead to hilarious multikills. The Concept 9 snipes better though as it tends to miss distant headshots far less often than the magnums do. Don't bother using a guard pistol, it's basically all the downsides of every alternative.
  • You could bring a sniper rifle I guess but most maps don't have any way to restock ammo for them so make the shots count.
  • For some reason when people are already panicked they seem to not react to grenades at all. Steven Bradley went into lockdown in the lobby hut area and I just threw a frag grenade in there and killed him and three of his guards, and nobody moved. If you can find explosives on-map you can probably exploit this to take out a cluster of people.

Nakar fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Oct 13, 2019

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Tried to shoot my way through the ET.

Must have killed what felt like a 100 guards as they kept streaming up the stairs to the penthouse where the target was. Are guard spawns infinite or does Bangkok just have a fuckton of guards. Either way I got shot through geometry and died without finding the safe so that was fun.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

started as hotel staff, electrocution phone and breaching charge, krugermeier. collected master keycard. went upstairs, a nice lady let me into the security room. shot out the tapes from the door

went to south penthouse where the target is. put an electrocution phone on top of a sofa when she sat down, where she could see it. she picked it up and i called it, then went back to the north wing

at security room again, changed into hotel security disguise (it's in the locker on the right), breach charged the safe, collected the USB, exited via speedboat. could have done tuk-tuk but i didn't

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

UnknownMercenary posted:

Tried to shoot my way through the ET.

Must have killed what felt like a 100 guards as they kept streaming up the stairs to the penthouse where the target was. Are guard spawns infinite or does Bangkok just have a fuckton of guards. Either way I got shot through geometry and died without finding the safe so that was fun.

Bangkok has a decent amount of guards, and the ET adds those soldiers too.

They don't spawn anywhere.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Nothing spawns (there is one exception but it isn't important), it's just maps have way more NPCs than you think they do, even when you know the level well.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

What's the exception, Miami drivers?

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Nakar posted:

Nothing spawns (there is one exception but it isn't important), it's just maps have way more NPCs than you think they do, even when you know the level well.

wait you mean there THAT many guards in s'gail? I had the bridge to the tower literally covered in a mountain of corpses and they still kept coming

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Man, I remember how much i hated this ET the last time. Enforcers at super annoying locations, trespassing zone guesswork, shedloads of guards thrown everywhere, required costume changes, a very early point of no return and unpredictable wandering paths. Almost got spotted by the same enforcer security room guy as I did in (2016) - he doesn't give you long to mess around there. Don't blame anyone for electrophoning this one, had to tail her for a long time as hotel staff waiting for the chance to employ the old 'run through the door they just went through, shut it and stick them with a needle before anyone else follows' routine.

Chalupa Joe
Mar 4, 2007
I'm gonna have to change to clearing the security room out first because the captain keeps ruining my day when I go to blow the safe.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Excelzior posted:

wait you mean there THAT many guards in s'gail? I had the bridge to the tower literally covered in a mountain of corpses and they still kept coming

Sgail has several rooms with, for assassination setpiece and plot reasons, a crowd of guards standing around. The map is much more enemy-dense than anywhere else in the game; I think there may be more guards than non-crowd non-guard NPCs, spread across 3 or 4 tiers.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Elendil004 posted:

No, they're standing out of bounds during the race.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Elendil004 posted:

The derailed train driver in Mumbai. He will spawn, unconscious, after derailing the train. If you start a contract with him as the only target, there will be no visible targets anywhere on the map. It's possible that he too exists out of bounds, but I'm not sure if there's any way to reach him or find that out. I didn't see him in red in the distance at least.

Zaffy
Sep 15, 2003

Pilchenstein posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FZI7orsn-g
Check out just how immune to distractions her bodyguards are :v:

This is so beautiful. You do the lords work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Thinking about it more, H2 adds a couple of spawn events:

1. There are zero enemies on Hawke's Bay until you access Alma's computer. It makes sense because it's a training tutorial level, but it's a weird exception to how literally every other map in the game plays.
2. In Sgail, after you kill everyone, new guards in suits of armor will spawn. At least, I'm pretty sure they're spawned in.