Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPmYWMGOvys

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

So, the lamp to my right?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Just saw the original on the Chip Cheezum playthrough and it was the most embarrassing thing I've ever watched in my life.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

The Bloop posted:

Never had orange/chocolate ice cream

But these are (surprisingly) good:

They've had some bad press recently.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Wolfechu posted:

They've had some bad press recently.

I don't understand any of this image

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Someone printed out your posts and put them in some lady's trash can

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

ooof

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I don't contribute much here but I wanted to say lately when I go for ice cream I get run raisin. I like it. It's good. Or, there's a fig flavored ice cream I like but the store only sells the giant containers so I only buy that one when I'm sad enough to eat a giant thing of ice cream.

Orange choc chip sounds gross sorry.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

It seems like it would be good, chocolate oranges are fantastic so orange ice cream with bits of chocolate should be fine

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

who the gently caress buys a ticket to read a book

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

who the gently caress buys a ticket to read a book

you can't even click the book!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
I like how ‘barely washes his own rear end’ kind of implies that the artilleryman may of course be in the trenches filthy, but he may also be a disgusting piece of poo poo who just barely washed his own rear end.

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

dialhforhero posted:

I like how ‘barely washes his own rear end’ kind of implies that the artilleryman may of course be in the trenches filthy, but he may also be a disgusting piece of poo poo who just barely washed his own rear end.

Washing your rear end is mad gay tho

Which is why my rear end is sparkling clean

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Washing your own rear end: mad gay.

Washing your bro's rear end: just bros being bros, bro.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Orange chocolate chip ice cream is great. If you haven't tried it you owe it to yourself.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

the best ice cream is spumoni, which is a combination of chocolate, cherry and pistachio with bits of nuts and fruits. fantastic.

also, a lot of artificial flavors really do taste like the thing they're supposed to imitate, but only in one really specific context. i always thought that the artificial cherry flavor was just awful and cloying and synthetic, and then i was visiting extended family in the countryside and ate some cherries directly off a tree and it was like holy poo poo, that's what they're copying, i get it now.

same applies to grape flavor and the tiny little wild concord grapes you pick off vines at peak ripeness. they're nothing like the red or green ones you get at the grocery store and they taste exactly like that grape flavor but the most refined and subtle version of it imaginable.

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
woah cool. I've heard banana flavoring tastes like a banana we can't grow anymore.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Hugh Malone posted:

woah cool. I've heard banana flavoring tastes like a banana we can't grow anymore.

Yep. The Gros Michel. It's still grown and expensive as gently caress but Panama Disease stopped it from being our main banana and acting as a lesson about biodiversity ever since.

We can totally grow them still but a particular fungus wipes them out really quick so it's no longer economical to grow them.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Intoluene posted:

Yep. The Gros Michel. It's still grown and expensive as gently caress but Panama Disease stopped it from being our main banana and acting as a lesson about biodiversity ever since.

A lesson that growers have obviously taken very seriously as they mass produce Cavendish banana clones everywhere.

cohsae
Jun 19, 2015

bike tory posted:

A lesson that growers have obviously taken very seriously as they mass produce Cavendish banana clones everywhere.

And this year the TR4 Fusarium was found to have made it into South America. Time is a flat circle etc enjoy bananas while you can

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

bike tory posted:

Look, just because something is a lesson doesn't mean the people are actually listening. See: Climate Change

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bike tory posted:

The Banana Defender has logged on.

This isn’t unique to bananas. Every orchard everywhere uses vegetative propagation because it’s great.

Nine‐seven percent of pistachios grown in California, which is itself almost half of world production, are the ‘Kerman‘ cultivar.

That’s more foolhardy than when it’s done with bananas. At least banana growers have good reasons for their monoculture. It’s also less problematic than banana monoculture, because other cultivars of pistachios do exist and are widely grown in Iran and Turkey. The world at large wouldn’t care if Kerman pistachios fell victim to the equivalent of Panama Disease.

What makes banana special is that they can’t be grafted and to be marketable, their fruit must be seedless. No other major crop is under these constraints.

As an overgrown stalk of grass, the banana plant cannot be grafted.

If bananas could be grafted, we could use one rootstock, either genetically diverse seedlings or a cultivar proven to be fungus‐resistant and graft a Cavendish trunk to it.

Developing new varieties is difficult when any good candidate is also by definition a genetic dead end. Many millions of dollars have been spent with little to show for it because banana breeding is hard. It’s not like apples where John McIntosh can find a great new variety growing in his compost heap.

Platystemon has a new favorite as of 12:11 on Oct 14, 2019

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
https://i.imgur.com/2JgaukI.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/TIVIAr2.mp4

Fanged Lawn Wormy
Jan 4, 2008

SQUEAK! SQUEAK! SQUEAK!

Memento posted:

Washing your own rear end: mad gay.

Washing your bro's rear end: just bros being bros, bro.

Everything is mad gay except being actually mad gay, which is fine.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Super pumped for the next Total War release.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

sorry to bother you was a great movie

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Hellblazer187 posted:

I wanted to say lately when I go for ice cream I get run raisin. [...] It's good.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1183345637816844288?s=19

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Russian memes are just lightyears ahead in wit.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I’m honestly more grossed out by the phrase ‘pure milk chocolate’ maybe I’m secretly Belgian

...the Belgians have milk chocolate?

Do you think milk chocolate isn't real chocolate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

dialhforhero posted:

Russian memes are just lightyears ahead in wit.

And yet, still in the stone age
https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1183751887037849605

And then right back to gold:
https://twitter.com/RussianMemesLtd/status/1183021928799494145

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 16:08 on Oct 14, 2019