Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hector Delgado
Sep 23, 2007

Time for shore leave!!
Thank you guys, bless you all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Thank you for more Kacho. Always welcome.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I have added the 3 episodes from GooseCanyon to the SA-GCCX website and tweeted them out.

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

Mister Chief posted:

I have added the 3 episodes from GooseCanyon to the SA-GCCX website and tweeted them out.

We saw them. Thank you so much! Now we feel really motivated to work on the next episode.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.

GooseCanyon posted:

We saw them. Thank you so much! Now we feel really motivated to work on the next episode.
Incredible, thank you so much for the work!

Are you planning to put up a MEGA link as well for those who don't use torrent?

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT

GooseCanyon posted:

Our very spooky new release, episode 190, D!
https://nyaa.si/view/1183708

Happy Halloween! Hope everyone enjoys!
Gonna try to get one more episode out for October.

The goose is loose! Thank you for all of your team's work. I sincerely appreciate it (as I'm sure everyone does.) :)

joek0
Oct 13, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj8OnLnyk68

I have been out of the loop when it comes to current Yoiko/GCCX news. In the video link above what was the gist of the event at Nintendo Live 2019. Were they playing more Mario Maker 2 created levels?

Edit: Nevermind, I found the previous post.

McLaglen posted:

Nintendo Live 2019 is happening this weekend, despite the typhoon risk.
In amongst the Splatoon concerts and Smash Bros competitions, Arino and Hamaguchi will be headlining one of the two "Super Mario Maker 2" events.
Day 1 (12th/13th October) is a public tournament with fan-submitted levels, while Day 2 (13th/14th October) will show the Yoiko lads jumping into the shallow end of the level pool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vj8OnLnyk68

joek0 fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Oct 14, 2019

Major Helper
Feb 18, 2013

Not necessarily
all that helpful
Big thanks for the new release!

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
Another great episode courtesy of the Goose team, or as I personally like to call them, the Flyin Goslings :> Thanks again, gang

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
Popping in to say I'm glad the translation effort is continuing. I've felt bad about being too busy to contribute (I know I shouldn't, but I would love to be able to keep going!). Thank you!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I'm glad the love for the show, while so niche, manages to be enough for translation efforts like this to keep happening.

:unsmith:

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Negrostrike posted:

https://twitter.com/gccx_official/status/1171735272167333889

Seems like Earthbound episode airs tomorrow with Mr. Itoi as guest.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Itoi's site just put up this transcript, when he saw that he said "oh that's the name I always used" https://www.1101.com/gccxmother/2019-09-13.html
This is dated from a month ago, but I only just noticed it and I don't think it's been linked here, so here's an English version.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Thanks. That was really interesting. Iwata really was a wizard, wasn't he.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/harukumo0/status/1184822734842281986

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

That part was hard to translate, mainly because it's hard to type when you're shaking from laughing so much.

When that Tweet popped up in my timeline yesterday, I was suddenly the weird guy in my train car.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
How do I watch the Goose Canyon videos using PS3 media center with the subtitles? None of the options in the transcode menu works.

Or do I need to use another XBMC application? Is it time to move on?

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Cemetry Gator posted:

How do I watch the Goose Canyon videos using PS3 media center with the subtitles? None of the options in the transcode menu works.

Or do I need to use another XBMC application? Is it time to move on?

I'm really confused by this question, you use ps3 media center as a server, XBMC as a client? What platform are you playing the video on?

Universal media center is an updated version of the ps3mc.

I really like using Plex and recommend it, if it works with your client.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
I'm using PS3 Media Center on Windows 10 to stream to my PS4.

I knew for a while this was the way to do things, but time moves on, I know.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Cemetry Gator posted:

I'm using PS3 Media Center on Windows 10 to stream to my PS4.

I knew for a while this was the way to do things, but time moves on, I know.

Go for Plex, there's a native client for PS4 and you can also stream over the internet to nearly anything.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

makere posted:

Go for Plex, there's a native client for PS4 and you can also stream over the internet to nearly anything.

There’s also a PS3 client.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

makere posted:

I tried Plex... and the results...

Well, apparently, it thinks M*A*S*H is Breaking Bad and Pokemon.

Game Center CX is matched as Top Gear, which I guess makes sense.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Another option: install Handbrake and then re-encode the video with the subtitles burned into the screen.

makere
Jan 14, 2012

Cemetry Gator posted:

I tried Plex... and the results...

Well, apparently, it thinks M*A*S*H is Breaking Bad and Pokemon.

Game Center CX is matched as Top Gear, which I guess makes sense.

It does the matching based on folder/file names. You probably need to do a bit of cleaning up on your media folder.

https://support.plex.tv/articles/naming-and-organizing-your-tv-show-files/

You can also manually match the show.

Overall it requires a bit of initial work to get working nicely, but after that, the upkeep is easy. And I think it is worth it, apart from making it dead simple to stream to any platform, I really enjoy that it keeps my watch history synced between all the devices.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

You'll probably want to have a go at thetvdb.com and figure out what each episode falls under season and episode wise, the files probably have to named "GameCenter CX - S21E04 - [WHATEVER].mkv" and then they'll match correctly. Some stuff really needs a manual touch, but it's rare and GCCX hasn't been one of those things as long as the episode is actually listed on thetvdb.

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

One more spooky Halloween treat, Game Center CX 270, Castlevania: Bloodlines!
Translation: Phosphorescent Skeleton, Sino
Proofreading: Kuishinbou
Subtitles: Clov
Special Thanks: Bean

As well, extra special thanks to Sino of MoyaiSubs, who translated the first 11 minutes of the episode while we were still working on D. We couldn't have gotten this episode out so fast without him! MoyaiSubs is a group dedicated to subtitling the latest entry in the Pretty Rhythm anime series, Kiratto! Pri-Chan. Be sure to give them a look!

And now the thrilling conclusion of... Colonel Dracula Joins the Navy!

https://nyaa.si/view/1188982

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Wont be able to watch it till later tonight, but thanks for your hard work.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

GooseCanyon posted:

One more spooky Halloween treat, Game Center CX 270, Castlevania: Bloodlines!
Translation: Phosphorescent Skeleton, Sino
Proofreading: Kuishinbou
Subtitles: Clov
Special Thanks: Bean

As well, extra special thanks to Sino of MoyaiSubs, who translated the first 11 minutes of the episode while we were still working on D. We couldn't have gotten this episode out so fast without him! MoyaiSubs is a group dedicated to subtitling the latest entry in the Pretty Rhythm anime series, Kiratto! Pri-Chan. Be sure to give them a look!

And now the thrilling conclusion of... Colonel Dracula Joins the Navy!

https://nyaa.si/view/1188982

Thanks a lot!

Is there a chance for a Mega link due to lack of seeders and slow torrents in general?

GooseCanyon
Aug 25, 2019

TeaJay posted:

Thanks a lot!

Is there a chance for a Mega link due to lack of seeders and slow torrents in general?

I'll try and figure something out for that tomorrow.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I should've done this before, but I'm seeding all the GeeseCanyons or whatever the plural is on two separate gigabit connections right now.

zari-gani
Sep 6, 2004

How much do you want it? ;-*
all hail G(oose) C(anyon) CX

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

throw another hat in the ring for wanting Mega links. The other website I use that has direct links has either been very slow or not paying attention and I do not want a sub backlog.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

zari-gani posted:

all hail G(oose) C(anyon) CX

I cannot imagine a higher compliment.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

univbee posted:

I should've done this before, but I'm seeding all the GeeseCanyons or whatever the plural is on two separate gigabit connections right now.

Gooses Canyon?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Regarding the Bloodlines episode - what is the song that plays during the GCCX News part?

Jakespeare
May 10, 2013
Another great subbed episode from the Goose team. Y'all are knockin em outta the park left and right. Three cheers for the Goose! Or , perhaps more appropriately, three honks!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

TeaJay posted:

Thanks a lot!

I'll keep a seed going.

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Oct 29, 2019

FanofPortals
Sep 22, 2006

BILL FILLMAFF'S GREATEST DISAPPOINTMENT
Big ups #GooseGang and MoyaiSubs!

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Scalding Coffee posted:

I'll keep a seed going.

My GCCX ratios are always through the roof. Peeps be real thirsty for any translated episodes.

Kakaricho
Aug 2, 2013

TeaJay posted:

Regarding the Bloodlines episode - what is the song that plays during the GCCX News part?

Only the best song ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xL_J-5brJWo

Congratulations on your latest release, Water Fowl Ravine!
(Are you still Goose Canyon? I'm so confused.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Scalding Coffee posted:

I'll keep a seed going.

I'll seed the dick off this one.