Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tuo posted:

Because Chris is still stuck in the nineties. I remember one of the official Quake 2 expansions where the very first door...rotated! Like into the ground! It made absolutely no sense, but it did something that wasn't possible with the Quake 2 engine before that expansion, and of course the battle for the most complex door opening animation was on between the map makers. I admit I also sat there with an open mouth and thought "that thing rotated like nothing ever rotated before in Quake 2".

Chris is still stuck in that competition, to one up the other guy with his awesome door-opening-animation. Who needs sound game mechanics of he has a door animation that probably took 14 days to create.

e: thinking about it, it was actually Quake 1!

You mean this? That is pretty cool, I guess~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEtOy-eDyHM

E: taxxe~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Xaerael posted:

I work at a 50 year old social housing NFP, and in the last year we've done a complete database replacement for our property services

This alone is a good year’s work.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

https://twitter.com/TrazosD/status/1183419609011146752

Star Citizen: Opulence and Rudeness

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://i.imgur.com/qtCeVdr.gifv

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

And of course, Blobers getting owned in the comments.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
COVALEX SHIPPING KIOSK SPAWNING RANDOM BOXES

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dementropy posted:

And of course, Blobers getting owned in the comments.

Joe pulling the "but the backers voted for it" rubbish out.

The backers never voted for the game to be delayed, and CR actually told people it wouldn't be delayed due to expanded scope. The backers (stupidly) believed CR when he said it wouldn't delay release, and then, conveniently forgot he ever said that when it took much longer.

CR was saying SC would release in 2015, AFTER the vote to expand scope. Backers conveniently forgot this.

Procgen planets were a kickstarter goal. Nobody voted for procgen planets to delay release by years. They were in the kickstarter back when CIG said it would release in 2014.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

You mean this? That is pretty cool, I guess~ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEtOy-eDyHM
whoa local physics grids @10 seconds in wtf Chris you lied

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Agony Aunt posted:

Joe pulling the "but the backers voted for it" rubbish out.

The backers never voted for the game to be delayed, and CR actually told people it wouldn't be delayed due to expanded scope. The backers (stupidly) believed CR when he said it wouldn't delay release, and then, conveniently forgot he ever said that when it took much longer.

CR was saying SC would release in 2015, AFTER the vote to expand scope. Backers conveniently forgot this.

Procgen planets were a kickstarter goal. Nobody voted for procgen planets to delay release by years. They were in the kickstarter back when CIG said it would release in 2014.

but you don't understand the star citizen community voted for this

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

to be fair development didn't really start until a little bit ago and 2014 from 2012 is 2 years so 2 years from the ACTUAL development start would actually be 2021

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://twitter.com/listening2day/status/1183071956100243456

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Flared Basic Bitch posted:

This alone is a good year’s work.

It was bloody hard work for all concerned, but we went from tender to live in about 8 months. Tendering process was about 6. Our old database was loving awful, and pulling reports through SQL was like pulling teeth.

I can't wait for us to boot the care DB next. That one isn't quite as bad, but it's still a hellhole of stupidly organised tables.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Is that really a 15% increase in staff or just 15% of the devs have bailed on this mess?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

Is that really a 15% increase in staff or just 15% of the devs have bailed on this mess?

yep

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Edit your config files

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Mr Fronts posted:

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Edit your config files

I like the way the bed is now an engine/thruster. :D

Fidelitious!

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
NPCS GET STUCK IN PORT OLISAR

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

System shock 3 looking good

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

Sabreseven posted:

I like the way the bed is now an engine/thruster. :D

Fidelitious!

In the future there's no need for sleep. A place for thrusting is all you really need. Realism strikes again!

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

I did this in Dwarf Fortress once, made green glass cages (terrariums) and would put cage trapped invaders in the dining room for my dwarves amusement.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

:lol: Watch the video in the linked bug report, the bug seems to make you immune to the airlock "kill zone". They just cannot seem to stop naked men from running around in space.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Viscous Soda posted:

:lol: Watch the video in the linked bug report, the bug seems to make you immune to the airlock "kill zone". They just cannot seem to stop naked men from running around in space.

My favorite bug... or uhm emergent gameplay I experienced in the last free fly back in the spring, was when I awoke in my wank pod at Olisar but the game thought I was in space and naked, so my commando immediately died of asphyxiation even though he was wearing a full spacesuit and helmet. His corpse then ceremoniously clipped through the floor into actual space while Scotty played the bagpipes.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Talk about putting the game's bugs on display...

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

colonelwest posted:

My favorite bug... or uhm emergent gameplay I experienced in the last free fly back in the spring, was when I awoke in my wank pod at Olisar but the game thought I was in space and naked, so my commando immediately died of asphyxiation even though he was wearing a full spacesuit and helmet. His corpse then ceremoniously clipped through the floor into actual space while Scotty played the bagpipes.

Did the SC composer Pedro Comacho do a bagpipe funeral number?

marumaru
May 20, 2013

marumaru fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Oct 14, 2019

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame

That's about as close as backers are gonna get to 'delivered' in SC, at this rate.

Armadillo Tank
Mar 26, 2010

Completion
In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. With the current technological development it will be possible to extend the empire even further, forming an even larger one and eventually encompassing several systems in the Inner Sphere.
I, T3-M4, am a native of the Stimsis Starzone, and since the last of these four new empires came to power, I am the representative officer of the T3-M4 Stimsis Defense Fleet. And as such, I would like to announce that I am in the process of putting the first of many Stimsis Starzone complexes into operation.
The next Stimsis Starzone will be our home system. It has its own unique technology, a massive super weapon, but we intend to incorporate any technology into our arsenal to provide greater efficiency without sacrificing our advantages.
If your home system is in the Stimsis Starzone, please join us in expanding it on the way to its eventual expansion.
Now

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

Exactly. It's mind-boggling that something like this was awesome back then....but...it rotated!

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Even for CIG, trapping NPCs in glass is impressively Stimperical

Armadillo Tank posted:

Completion
In the last 500 years, the Fourth Stimpire has dominated four systems, which it has united into one starzone, Stimsis. With the current technological development it will be possible to extend the empire even further, forming an even larger one and eventually encompassing several systems in the Inner Sphere.
I, T3-M4, am a native of the Stimsis Starzone, and since the last of these four new empires came to power, I am the representative officer of the T3-M4 Stimsis Defense Fleet. And as such, I would like to announce that I am in the process of putting the first of many Stimsis Starzone complexes into operation.
The next Stimsis Starzone will be our home system. It has its own unique technology, a massive super weapon, but we intend to incorporate any technology into our arsenal to provide greater efficiency without sacrificing our advantages.
If your home system is in the Stimsis Starzone, please join us in expanding it on the way to its eventual expansion.
Now

I wonder if someone has been training it on Star Wars reboot talk :eyepop:

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

This, this right here is some next level delusion. I don't even know what to say here.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Justin Godscock posted:

This, this right here is some next level delusion. I don't even know what to say here.

The Aristocrats!

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
"Kill me, please" whispers NPC stuck in a glass case, tortured by its dysfunctional AI

Baxta
Feb 18, 2004

Needs More Pirate

Subsumptious

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r_oxhuONII

Failuretoreport spreading more FUD :blastu:

E: fb :argh:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

…also.

Shots fired!

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:lol: CIG have made intra-system travel now take 30 minutes :lol:

:trustme: You didn't expect to have fun, did you? :smuggo:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Quavers posted:

:lol: CIG have made intra-system travel now take 30 minutes :lol:

:trustme: You didn't expect to have fun, did you? :smuggo:

FUD.

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/dhplm5/avoid_quantum_interdiction_by_exiting_your_seat/

PS:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

:laffo:

If(Player_Is_Ship)
Interdiction = true

Cue 6 months from now when CIG :airquote:fixes:airquote: this unforeseen :airquote:bug:airquote: so that NPC interdictions happen whether a player is the ship or not...

If(Player_Is_Inside_Ship_During_Quantum)
Interdiction = true

...then we all laugh as Rexzilla and his 20 passengers, travelling to their latest LARPing place, get interdicted 60 times in a row :negative:

:suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsar Mikey
Nov 30, 2005

When will then be now?

My dream alien race is one that has the most complex doors in the universe but also has spaceships that use a stick as an ignition key. Is Star Citizen the game for me?