Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
ACTION PARKED

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/1183584980984913921

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

They shut down the other rides because that one killed a kid? What kind of carnies are these?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1183554549996503040?s=21

Conservatives: This is because you were condescending on social media to my casually racist friend or veteran friend something

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.

shame on an IGA posted:

They shut down the other rides because that one killed a kid? What kind of carnies are these?

The kind that are about to be listing their rides for sale on Ital because no insurance company will touch them ever again

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

facialimpediment posted:

At some point, the country really needs to come to terms with a really scary thought: Hillary was 100% right about Trump supporters.

But :decorum: !

Yes she was absolutely correct (if too generous) but everyone just kept playing along with the game they'd been playing for eight years:
"You liberals call me a racist for criticizing Obama's policies! Typical!" ::posts meme of Obama with bone through his nose::

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Stultus Maximus posted:

Yes she was absolutely correct (if too generous) but everyone just kept playing along with the game they'd been playing for eight years:
"You liberals call me a racist for criticizing Obama's policies! Typical!" ::posts meme of Obama with bone through his nose::

Lately I've been seeing a lot more people just straight up using ethnic slurs when discussing gun stuff on Facebook. Usually in regards to things like "I'm good with my guns, if you goddamned liberals should be taking anyone's guns it should be from *insert racial slurs here*", completely missing the historical precedent that they're advocating. (or not missing it and that being the whole point [it is the whole point])

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Getting ~you peopled~ by Trump supporters is really something else.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

A Bad Poster posted:

"I'm good with my guns, if you goddamned liberals should be taking anyone's guns it should be from *insert racial slurs here*"

This is important to remember any time brings up the "80% OF AMERICANS SUPPORT GUN CONTROL"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Stultus Maximus posted:

Tribalism's a bitch.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LingcodKilla posted:

I step away to watch the current even of the 49ers going 5-0 and this happens?

NINERS!!!!

Hell, same.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Incidentally, we've finally figured out the secret sauce to getting military nazis in trouble:

https://twitter.com/DEdwardBeck/status/1183398365129777159

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Wants to nuke every major us city and tel aviv. Do i even want to know what a bugmen is suppossed to be? Or is that just what he used instead of untermensch?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Incidentally, we've finally figured out the secret sauce to getting military nazis in trouble:

https://twitter.com/DEdwardBeck/status/1183398365129777159

Why do 75 slides when you can always fit all relevant information on one quad slide?

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Stultus Maximus posted:

Why do 75 slides when you can always fit all relevant information on one quad slide?

Is this your first experience with military PowerPoint? You need to have 30-40 slides to breeze through and some you just outright ignore.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I mean the introduction, fire exits, and bullet point contents page are at least 45 slides.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

colachute posted:

Is this your first experience with military PowerPoint? You need to have 30-40 slides to breeze through and some you just outright ignore.

I'm at a HQ right now so everything has to be on one quad slide because GO/FO have no attention span. And therefore all 40 slides worth of information gets jammed onto that quad slide.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

They are just pissing all over military tradition.

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?

Stultus Maximus posted:

I'm at a HQ right now so everything has to be on one quad slide because GO/FO have no attention span. And therefore all 40 slides worth of information gets jammed onto that quad slide.

Jeez. That’s not a lot of room left for information, after three of the four cells in that quad are taken up by a Title slide, the Composite Risk Management for the briefing, and “QUESTIONS?”

Probably for the best I’m not still in; I’m sure I’d catch a counseling as soon as the brass caught on that every product out of my shop had been reformatted into Loss.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Merton Blask posted:

Probably for the best I’m not still in; I’m sure I’d catch a counseling as soon as the brass caught on that every product out of my shop had been reformatted into Loss.

The hero we need, but not the hero we deserve.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Merton Blask posted:

Jeez. That’s not a lot of room left for information, after three of the four cells in that quad are taken up by a Title slide, the Composite Risk Management for the briefing, and “QUESTIONS?”

A good boss would turn that joke into an AAM instead of a counseling.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Stultus Maximus posted:

What up, HQ buddy?

We found a way to make quad slides dumber.

Our last quarter is for issues we want the colonel or general to look into more closely.

Naturally, we're directed to leave that blank by our captain, because we wouldn't want to imply that the captain can't handle all issues at his level.

So it's 45 slides worth of info in three sections, and then a blank quarter.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Arc Light posted:

What up, HQ buddy?

We found a way to make quad slides dumber.

Our last quarter is for issues we want the colonel or general to look into more closely.

Naturally, we're directed to leave that blank by our captain, because we wouldn't want to imply that the captain can't handle all issues at his level.

So it's 45 slides worth of info in three sections, and then a blank quarter.

If that's the case then why do you need the colonel/general other than to just sign stuff?

I'm thinking that UCMJ should only apply in active combat zones so that anyone can walk up to their commander and tell them how loving stupid they are without repercussion when they do stuff like this.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

hey weird question but has there been any link to kushner in the whole ukraine thing

after pence cropped himself out of that one photo i realized hes been strangely out of this news

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Kushner's too busy solving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I thought kushner basically got frozen out of everything after his clearance waiver was denied or whatever?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Pretty sure daddy dearest gave him the clearance anyway, he just had to amend his SF87 like fourteen times because he kept being asked about his crimes forgetting all the complex financial instruments he was involved in.

Which, ya know, that's totally cool to do and stuff. Not like you can get denied for amending that form too often because it's suspicious as all gently caress but hey rules are for little people.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

A Bad Poster posted:

If that's the case then why do you need the colonel/general other than to just sign stuff?

*taps nose discreetly*

Although if I’m being honest I’d much rather take the colonel/general that wants to help over the careerist captain/major that gatekeeps the poo poo out of everything. The O-4 level is where enthusiasm goes to die.

Edit: current events news the woods are chock full of delicious mushrooms at the moment, we just came back with a basket full of parasols

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
https://twitter.com/nktpnd/status/1183753797530738693?s=19

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Why the gently caress have they not be removed before now?

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Does that point towards us shuttering that base or are we more worried turkey may try to take the base and dont want them getting the nukes?

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

How bout instead of having plans to evacuate them, we just stop keeping them there

Call me crazy

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Ken Bone Comeback posted:

How bout instead of having plans to evacuate them, we just stop keeping them there

Call me crazy

Yeah but then how can we nuke targets in the Ukraine SSR during a first strike?!

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Call me crazy

Something tells me this evacuation might be permanent. Overall, a big loss on our end since that could be used as a negotiating chip on the Russians or the Turks (if keeping nukes there was politically damaging). Shame we're giving up all this territory because Erdogan was able to convince Donnie that Trump Tower Istanbul is amazing and his government would love to rent loads of rooms there he totally wouldn't invade Rojava and commit genocide.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
Keeping nukes at Incirlik seemed to be an exceptionally poor idea after the failed coup

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

A few years back some Turks, who didn't work there, got into Incirlik and tried to put a bag on some airman's head. Because again, they still have sand in their vaginas over something that happened in 2003, where they were completely in the wrong.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Oct 14, 2019

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Call me crazy

This is step one of that. You always review the evac plans before implementing them; we don't flush airplanes from a base for weather without looking it over first. Especially when we're talking about international nuclear movements.

Edit: Did Incirlik families ever go back after the coup?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1183707113694121986?s=21

When people say progressives want to raise “your” taxes, they aren’t talking about you.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

hey weird question but has there been any link to kushner in the whole ukraine thing

after pence cropped himself out of that one photo i realized hes been strangely out of this news

As everyone else said, not really. At most, he's "in charge" of the impeachment reaction team, if that even exists. The impeachment drive basically eliminated any (semblance of) strategy in the white house, so everyone's back to spiking everyone else in the back on a minute by minute basis.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

mlmp08 posted:

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/status/1183707113694121986?s=21

When people say progressives want to raise “your” taxes, they aren’t talking about you.

But my boss is just one tax cut away from making me a millionaire!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joat mon
Oct 15, 2009

I am the master of my lamp;
I am the captain of my tub.
In case you haven't met your RDA for WTF for today: