Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

No Create A Championship either :laffo:

$60

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

holy poo poo

This definitely should not have gotten released

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
Do they not want people making AEW's belts or something?

I seriously have no clue why you'd remove CAC except for that.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Dacap posted:

https://twitter.com/vikingsizegamer/status/1183744608561487872?s=21

I can’t believe how terrible these models are. This looks significantly worse than ‘19’s

The wrestlers all have the same :goleft: expression on their faces

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Just watched a Championship vid:

No 24/7 Title, so they gave R-Truth the Hardcore belt (HAHA)
No NXT UK Women's Title
No NXT UK Tag Belts
But hey, Bryan's Eco belt's in

https://twitter.com/_Zaddik/status/1183756989823946752?s=20

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Oct 14, 2019

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Davros1 posted:

No NXT UK Women's Title

They gave Toni the original Women's title instead :laugh:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

CascadeBeta posted:

They broke it and can't fix it is probably the real reason.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Wow poo poo create a champ being gone fucks Universe modes point to death. The moves are also still mostly over engineered and clumsy looking, though the kama goye’s they did look pretty good.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Chris James 2 posted:

No Create A Championship either :laffo:

$60

Going to guess 2k21 doesn't have Create a Championship either (or Create-an-Arena, etc. etc.) because "well we need to rebuild things for the PS5".

gently caress's sake, even Chikara AAW has a rudimentary custom championship option.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

remusclaw posted:

Wow poo poo create a champ being gone fucks Universe modes point to death.

Someone, somewhere, probably "Well, just use the belts on the game and pretend they're the belts you want."

Angry_Ed posted:

Going to guess 2k21 doesn't have Create a Championship either (or Create-an-Arena, etc. etc.) because "well we need to rebuild things for the PS5".

Or, they bring it back and tout it as a "new" feature.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Davros1 posted:

Someone, somewhere, probably "Well, just use the belts on the game and pretend they're the belts you want."

If I wanted to do that I'd just play Wrestlemania 2000 or VPW2 Freem Edition.

Actually I'm going to do that anyway because those games play better but still :v:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Apparently CAC will be patched in later in the year, but it being 2k, take that with a grain of salt.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Apparently CAC will be patched in later in the year, but it being 2k, take that with a grain of salt.

$5.99 for the CAC Pac

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Pretty sure they'll all be cack packs

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Has anyone actually paid $60 for the wwe game, ever? Seems like most people wait til the inevitable panic sale and do that

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

Haven't seen any official conformation of that, just people saying "Someone spoke to a developer, and they said it is."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Has anyone actually paid $60 for the wwe game, ever? Seems like most people wait til the inevitable panic sale and do that

the last time I remember paying full price for a WWE game was probably when I bought SvR '09. Since then I just wait for the inevitable 50% off sale, but I'm not even doing that this time around because I see no reason to support such a travesty.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Sydney Bottocks posted:

The wrestlers all have the same :goleft: expression on their faces

Their eyes are all in the exact same place! That's why everyone looks slightly off. It's like they messed up the eye placement on the first model, and then used that for every other person in the game.

Tato posted:

WWE games have been rancid for over a decade because they are diseased at their very core. Every change each year is just the illusion of change, sprinkles and glitter heaped on top of a stinking poo poo pile, trying to throw you off the scent. The changing of publishers, the new generations of consoles, all just window dressing, but that doesn't stop people from hoping that this year - THIS YEAR - it's going to be better. Lies. None of it will change because it's still rotten at the base. It will NEVER be better until the entire thing is burned to the ground and the earth beneath it is salted.

In that way it's an amazingly accurate representation of WWE. 10/10.

Can someone make a Sonic Cycle meme but with WWE games?

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

CascadeBeta posted:

Do they not want people making AEW's belts or something?

Either that or whatever changes they made created some intractable they didn’t have the time / skill to fix and just axed the whole feature.

If AEW actually is informing design decisions (and I don’t know why it wouldn’t) I would bet money on the next iteration doing away with create-a-show. Especially if there ends up being some sort of GM mode.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

projecthalaxy posted:

I bought that first one on pc on launch. That's it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Chris James 2 posted:

They've already said multiple times they will, question's just how soon it happens

Cool, hopefully it’ll be real awesome instead of a cheap cash in.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

no custom belts makes it fully useless to me so that's good to know ahead of time

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

projecthalaxy posted:

If you look at other forums there is a huge base of people who buy the game the day it comes out regardless of quality

It’s not too dissimilar to other sports games honestly in that regard

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Blast Fantasto posted:

If you look at other forums there is a huge base of people who buy the game the day it comes out regardless of quality

Or other franchise games in general (CoD, Battlefield, etc.)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hello yes it is I, Pate Donne.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Blast Fantasto posted:

Also don't forget the DLC pass usually costs $20-30 so you get the hardcore fans spending $80-90 to buy it day one. Which, especially this year, looks completely unacceptable

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

saw 30 new replies and couldn't wait to see what 2k hosed up this year lmao

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

https://twitter.com/WWEgames/status/1183778270816296960?s=20

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

https://www.twitch.tv/newlegacyinc NL is talking about their trip to the 2k summit.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
https://twitter.com/sinzhq/status/1183769719901429761

WHAT IS HAPPENING

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Make that tonight's Raw

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
This game seriously looks like it transcends regular 2k terrible-ness into a legendarily terrible game. Like given that they apparently had to cut entire features to patch them in the “near future” I’m sure this will be more loaded with bugs than normal

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

watch the first video in that thread too. again they made the simulation too realistic by making the wwe fans huge losers

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

These games are pure WWE ideology

-Babyfaces are impossible geeks
-250 different characters that use maybe 5000 different moves to have the same exact matches
-Booking simulator called "WWE Universe" that makes you fight the same dude eight times in a row

Eggplant Ronin
Apr 26, 2007

How you like my balls now?:smug:
Ready To Rumble in video game form...finally...

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Rarity posted:

Make that tonight's Raw

Maybe if RAW was on the CW

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
like yeah the models are terrible and the physics is awful (especially anything to do with hair and ropes) but that's not really a surprise

but holy gently caress who the gently caress wrote this story mode

like how am I meant to want to play as one of these two impossible losers (I mean in theory, obviously I'm not going to be buying this piece of poo poo game ever)

might as well get "geek of the week" tattooed on your character's forehead

even in a literal fake universe that they created they can't book babyfaces

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
If that video continued you would see Matt Bloom watching from the corner of the cafeteria and nodding approvingly at the player character's flatback bump from slipping on the tray. After 8th period, he approaches you and offers a NXT contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Midnightghoul posted:

If that video continued you would see Matt Bloom watching from the corner of the cafeteria and nodding approvingly at the player character's flatback bump from slipping on the tray. After 8th period, he approaches you and offers a NXT contract.

Which you then lose after a video of you getting punched in the back of the head by the school bully unprovoked gets HHH's attention.