Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mister Facetious posted:

or just buy a complete premade nfc tag set for less than a single amiibo.

That doesn't change the fact OP would have to buy either a New 3DS or a peripheral. They even said spoofing it was an option in the post you quoted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
I got 95 out of 96 exits in Super Mario World :negative: what do I do?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

MZ posted:

just look it up, i spent twelve years not knowing how to get the last two secret levels in smw and i finally caved and searched that poo poo in college, and it was the right choice. never would've guessed the solution in a million years

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

SeANMcBAY posted:

Nintendo will do it for free including the shipping back and forth so might as well make them do it.

They should consider doing it for free before sending inventory to stores.

Barudak posted:

Ugh. I want the switch taiko drum but that + the game is like 130 dollars which is way too much money for something Ill use like 5 times

Don't do it. The licensed Hori drum that was made for the Switch/PS4 version is pretty garbage, and incredibly loud to boot.

enojy fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Oct 14, 2019

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

bushisms.txt posted:

You can and should do this. This is also the first step to the work around for getting 8 players on a single console in killer queen black.

After sleeping on it I thought of some wrinkles in this plan.

Does it perform the online check on the secondary console for physical games, or just digital? I know the thing to do is to make the Switch Lite the primary so it doesn't have to be online to play games, but most of my games (on the OG Switch) are digital. I could see it being a pain in the rear end if we're traveling together (or hell, even separately!) or I just take my Switch out somewhere to play without Internet access, and then suddenly I can't play any of my games.

Can't guarantee the Switch Lite would only have physical games either (assuming physical games don't perform the online check) cuz I know he wants to get Pokemon digital for sure.

EDIT: Thinking on it some more, can you do the primary/secondary thing for just one account? That would solve all these problems. Just leave my account on the OG Switch, untouched, and have his on both.

Silver Falcon fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Oct 14, 2019

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Sneeze Party posted:

I bought a Switch exclusively to play the Goose game, and I am not disappointed.

Same

Turns out both goose and switch are good, who knew

Barudak
May 7, 2007

enojy posted:

They should consider doing it for free before sending inventory to stores.

Don't do it. The licensed Hori drum that was made for the Switch/PS4 version is pretty garbage, and incredibly loud to boot.

abraxas posted:

For what it's worth I bought the bundle and played it like, twice. Mainly because it was apparently impossible to sync up my TV and the game correctly. I'm not sure what the deal was, I've had no issues with any other rhythm games on that TV. From the little digging around I did it seems to be a bigger problem on the Switch version too, so I just kinda gave up and now I have a very expensive paperweight :(

Youve both made me lose all interest in buying it. Back to playing it only at arcades, thank you.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Is there some way to get coins on the Nintendo eshop for physical copies of games you've purchased?

Also, I got Mario Maker 2 recently, and it comes with a year of Nintendo online service. The thing is, I already am paying for that. Has anyone tried to use the voucher when they were already paying for it? Am I going to have to wait until my subscription runs out, cancel it, and then use the voucher?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

MZ posted:

Easiest way to go about it is to just travel the map. Red levels all have 2 exits/paths. Find which one you’re missing. If you beelined it through Star World you may be missing the regular exist of Star World 5 (which links back to SW1)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

MZ posted:

did you get top secret and super hidden secret?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Inu posted:

Is there some way to get coins on the Nintendo eshop for physical copies of games you've purchased??

Yeah, you hit I think Y on the home screen and there's an option there.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

But only if the game is under X arbitrary months of age.

Presumably to stop you from buying a game for $10 years down the line and getting points for it being $60

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

That's lovely. They should recall carts after a certain age then, because EB games is still charging full price for Odyssey and BOTW

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

RandomFerret posted:

That's lovely. They should recall carts after a certain age then, because EB games is still charging full price for Odyssey and BOTW

Only physical games for Nintendo Switch qualify for My Nintendo points. (Please note that all digital titles for Nintendo Switch, Wii U, and Nintendo 3DS also qualify for Gold Points.)

Each game card can be redeemed one time.

For physical games, Gold Points are awarded at 1% of the Nintendo eShop price for the digital version of the game.

Gold Points must be claimed within one year of the game’s original release date.

Inu
Apr 26, 2002

Jump! Jump!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It was one of the options after hitting +. Thanks!

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Barudak posted:

Youve both made me lose all interest in buying it. Back to playing it only at arcades, thank you.

Oh yeah, if you've played the arcade version, the little home controller will feel especially crappy.

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Easiest way to go about it is to just travel the map. Red levels all have 2 exits/paths. Find which one you’re missing. If you beelined it through Star World you may be missing the regular exist of Star World 5 (which links back to SW1)

Checked all this and looks fine to me, I'm genuinely baffled.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Phone posted:

did you get top secret and super hidden secret?

Dang I've definitely got all 96 exits and the star, but I can't for the life of me remember what Super Hidden Secret is?!

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

MZ posted:

Checked all this and looks fine to me, I'm genuinely baffled.

I think most of the ghost houses have multiple exits too, and some of the star road levels.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Flint_Paper posted:

Dang I've definitely got all 96 exits and the star, but I can't for the life of me remember what Super Hidden Secret is?!

it's the friends you made along the way

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Silver Falcon posted:

EDIT: Thinking on it some more, can you do the primary/secondary thing for just one account? That would solve all these problems. Just leave my account on the OG Switch, untouched, and have his on both.

The primary account thing is for both (opposite) systems so that who every else picks up the system doesn't get an online check. So if you put your primary on the lite, any other account on the lite can play your games, and then when you turn their primary into your switch, what every future games they buy, will automatically be on your system with no online check. So it's a little bit of hassle up front for less in the long run.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Flint_Paper posted:

the ones that i think are off of the beaten path and aren't obvious:

- top secret area in donut plains
- soda lake
- maybe star world 5?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Pirate Captain posted:

I think most of the ghost houses have multiple exits too, and some of the star road levels.

ALL of the star road levels

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Wandle Cax posted:

This is a pro buy. Good not bloated collection of games, lovely presentation with plenty of options, challenge mode, and comes with Pac man vs. which you can play with 2 switches with one copy of the game using a free app. This is great bc the player playing as pac man has their own screen so the ghost players don't know where he is, great local multiplayer fun
Thanks for selling me on another game I don't need, you jerk

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Do the Star Road stages and get the obvious exits. If you leave a stage and Mario walks back to the previous spot on the map, you got the one you missed.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

bushisms.txt posted:

The primary account thing is for both (opposite) systems so that who every else picks up the system doesn't get an online check. So if you put your primary on the lite, any other account on the lite can play your games, and then when you turn their primary into your switch, what every future games they buy, will automatically be on your system with no online check. So it's a little bit of hassle up front for less in the long run.

Mmm, yeah OK. I'll do that, set up the Switch Lite as his primary. That way he can still play Mario Kart and stuff with me on the OG Switch.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Cartoon Violence posted:

I did it, I finally beat Breath of the Wild. All shrines, all side quests, and all DLC except the 2nd and 3rd Trials of the Sword. It was a breathtaking experience, it was kind of unreal. There were some frustrating times, and it wasn't perfect, but it's definitely my favorite Sandbox-y Open World game I've played, tied with Heavily Modded Skyrim.

Coincidentally the final thing I did before fighting the final boss was put the final photograph from Champion's Ballad in Link's house, and it made me tear up a little.

You can put that up in your house?!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, seriously, how do you hang photos in your house?

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
It's just that photo, you get the option to set it there whenever you next go to the house

tensai
May 8, 2007

Just trying to keep my boyfriend away from that redheaded harlot.
I got all excited to play Planetscape Torment this week, just assuming the game was like $10 or something. Well, crud. Gonna wait on those games for awhile.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Oh yikes that is a steep price.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

tensai posted:

I got all excited to play Planetscape Torment this week, just assuming the game was like $10 or something. Well, crud. Gonna wait on those games for awhile.

Hahaha I saw this post, got really excited, googled the price, and ahahahahahahaaaaaaa

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Are the Pokemon games up for voucher redemption yet? My joy-con is in repair and I can't check.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

It's weird I have LA just waiting for me now since launch. I haven't started yet to get through more backlog but each song I hear every clip I see really warms my heart. I'm pretty much saving it for a rainy day you know? Like one of these days I'll be feeling a bit low and I'll be able to just jump in.

It looks super good and I'm just happy it's around and I haven't even played it yet! It was a good purchase.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

RuBisCO posted:

Are the Pokemon games up for voucher redemption yet? My joy-con is in repair and I can't check.

You know the switch has a touchscreen right

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

tensai posted:

Flint_Paper posted:

Oh yikes that is a steep price.

Not a Children posted:

Hahaha I saw this post, got really excited, googled the price, and ahahahahahahaaaaaaa

jesus christ just type the numbers

It's $50 for Planescape Torment & Icewind Dale

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Fallom posted:

It's $50 for Planescape Torment & Icewind Dale

EACH

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

what in the world

RuBisCO